Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains smoke alarm?

Options
  • 19-09-2011 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Got the house re-wired about 2 years ago, as part of it they put in mains supplied smoke alarms. Now since I had them installed. I have had different electrician in since(putting up lights, house alarm etc), I never really noticed till about 6 months ago that one of the smoke alarms was gone off the connection in ceiling. The base is still there. I am looking to get one and can't find it anywhere. Anybody have any idea's?

I have taken one down and it has on back "Eterna Model Number ISDBB Mains ionisation type smoke alarm"

It has battery in back etc, can take a pic if required! Just need to get one so if you could help that would be great!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭desoc32

Hi, you should try Euro Sales on 012959611 as this should be a stock item. Or try ND electrical in Rathfarnham on 014937490. Hope you get sorted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

O Neills Electrical Limited

Unit B4 (D) Airport Business Park

Old Swords Road, Swords

Co Dublin

IRELAND

00353 18446300

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

o neils are the eterna distributer, but not sure if they deal with the public.

o neils are the eterna distributer, but not sure if they deal with the public.

I got that company off Eterna company direct....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Kellihers and Edmundons should sell Eterna too, look up the sticky on the main electrical page, there are loads of wholesalers there Eterna is a popular enough brand

• Advertisement

Sorry to drag up thread from a while ago....just an update. I bought a replacement unit from Ebay. Eterna Model SDION. It is smaller than the ones already up but has same connection etc

Problem is when I try to plug it in the rest of the smoke alarms start beeping and then wont go off. Pulled the power and connected in and same problem.

Any idea's what I need to do to add in? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

It would be entirely possible that the two types, allthough made by the same company, are not interlinkable.
    But i rang the supplier here and he reckons they are interchangable.
    here is a link to the installation manual

http://www.eterna-lighting.co.uk/docs/SDION_manual.pdf

Could it be possible that there is a fault with one of the existing detectors, and by reconnecting the missing one you are re-introducing the fault.

It would be entirely possible that the two types, allthough made by the same company, are not interlinkable.
    But i rang the supplier here and he reckons they are interchangable.
    here is a link to the installation manual

http://www.eterna-lighting.co.uk/docs/SDION_manual.pdf

Could it be possible that there is a fault with one of the existing detectors, and by reconnecting the missing one you are re-introducing the fault.

Thanks for reply, should I disconnect all of them and then try and reconnect?

The other ones are a heat alarm and smoke alarm. Both work ok. Might try moving them around and see if that will work........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭brinks_18476

Hi, I have mains smoke and heat detector alarms in house. One of the alarms downstairs has activated for 5-10 secs on a couple of occasions during the night waking kids etc. Can't see which one it was as stops as soon as I get out of bed. Nearly had a heart attack the first time it went off, thought the was a fire. Batterys all ok on test. Is it a case of trying to identify rogue alarm and replacing it?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Hi, I have mains smoke and heat detector alarms in house. One of the alarms downstairs has activated for 5-10 secs on a couple of occasions during the night waking kids etc. Can't see which one it was as stops as soon as I get out of bed. Nearly had a heart attack the first time it went off, thought the was a fire. Batterys all ok on test. Is it a case of trying to identify rogue alarm and replacing it?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Some detectors have a an indicator light which flash for a few minutes after activation .
    Check that next time.I would advise replacing all the batteries too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement