Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet buddy needed!!

Options
  • 19-09-2011 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

I've been eating wayyyy too much crap since I moved in with mrpostman. Unfortunately my 5ft5" underactive thyroid body doesn't go as fast as his 6ft4" jammy git super metabolism frame :( So, as and from tomorrow, I'll be doing a fairly balanced 1200 cal low fat diet. Can't do much exercise because of a recent back injury (though I do a fair amount of walking at work as it is) so I'm hoping I'll have the willpower to stick the starvation out and make it count. Need a buddy to moan my head off to and keep me motivated while himself is gorging on my chocolate and tayto stash or I'll end up killing him altogether :D Anyone up for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭anigheh

motivation a huge issue for me, not to mention im so time poor its a joke, but am willing..... have a good stone that i would love to shift

Gina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Ya I'm looking to shift about a stone myself. My problem is that I love to cook and I'll eat very healthily during the day but then blow it all on a huge portion of butter laden dinner. Plus, I'm so convinced that I eat healthily that I refuse to buy processed frozen food and then come in from work bollixed tired and order takeaway cos there's nothing quick to eat :rolleyes: I think a nice balanced fresh fruit/veg/protein regime is the way to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭FGR

You'll definitely find a diet buddy in me. I started as of midnight just gone and although only 34 mins into it am hopeful that I'll beat the urges this time around.

I have four stone to lose - and know it will fall off once I get into the right set of mind. It's a shame the food diary's gone as I can see how that must have seriously benefited people. That is without having to write a blog about the whole thing. ;)

Hopefully we can get through it together OP. You can do it. ;)

You'll definitely find a diet buddy in me. I started as of midnight just gone and although only 34 mins into it am hopeful that I'll beat the urges this time around.

I have four stone to lose - and know it will fall off once I get into the right set of mind. It's a shame the food diary's gone as I can see how that must have seriously benefited people. That is without having to write a blog about the whole thing. ;)

Hopefully we can get through it together OP. You can do it. ;)

Right so, it's on!!!! :D I just need to keep myself in the right frame of mind. The food diary is a big loss but hopefully we'll be able to support each other here :) Are you doing any diet in particular?

Not following any particular plan, hubby has just been informed that his cholesterol is thru the roof, so everyone on the same page..... no junk in my house thankfully. So porridge for breakfast made with skimmed milk with a tablespoon of flaxseed and a teaspoon of spanish drinking choc....ummmm (dessert for breakfast).. chicken wrapped in bacon for dinner with veg and one small potato and multi seed bread two slices with smoked salmon and a banana for tea..... lots of water and couple of cups of my fav tipple... nice strong tea.....

I am really busy with work and a few family issues so i am hopeful that i can keep my motivation ... this time!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I'm starting a high fibre diet today. I'm 29 and determined not to be fat at 30. I could do with losing about 3 stone.
    I'm a single working parent so I'm super good in work and then I get home and I'm wrecked. And hungry so I end up stuffing my gob.
    I only have to cook for myself so I usually end up with portions that are too big.

So my new plan is to have a bowl of weetabix/porridge in the evenings, or a bowl of beans and then have a later dinner. Because I'm having dinner at 5.30pm and then by 7 or 8 I'm raiding the presses.

I need to drink more water too. Especially if I'm doing a high fibre diet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Can I join in?!

I'm 19, and I weigh 135lbs at the moment. I'd love to get down to about 8st or even 8.5st, a little healthier for my 5ft 1" frame.

I started last Monday, simply trying to get my portion sizes and snacking under control. I'm not doing low carb as such, but trying to keep one meal a day carb-free! It's all a bit higgledy-piggledy but I'll get the exercise up and running when I shake this horrible cold :( I'm in college, so I control what I buy, but the drinking and post-night out takeaways are my downfall :(

Hopefully we can keep each other motivated, it'd be great to have a little venting outlet and somewhere to share our successes :)

The more the merrier! I did ok yesterday, managed to stick to a small enough dinner and no junk. I did end up having a large glass of wine though :o I'm like you ash23, I'll be extremely good at work and then end up so ravenous that I'll empty the snack cupboard while I'm waiting for dinner to cook :rolleyes: My main downfalls are portion size, takeaways and mayonaisse (soooooo deliciously evil!). Doing well today so far :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭gmac102

Im in, Ive about 1 and half st to lose,

Im doing a diet anyway but its nice to have support somewhere to help stay on track :)

Oh and Im female and 30!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Portions are also my weakness. And chocolate. And crisps. And pretty much everything else :D

I think I need to eat more during the day so I'm not quite so ravenous coming home. I used to eat a big (healthy) lunch but now I barely eat during the day which is a silly idea. So I'm going to start having more at lunch and a smaller dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭FGR

No diet in particular Mrs Postman - just keeping an eye on the calorie intake vs calories burned! :)

Great to see the posts coming in........ not too bad again today porridge for breakfast again today used the last of the smoked salmon for lunch and had a mug of homemade veg soup... did have a couple (promise was only two) choc digestives after my lunch, half a tub of grapes mid aft and dinner was steak with onions and carrot and parsnip mash with one small potato.... falling into old habits already tho with rich tea biscuits and a cuppa at nine o clock....:(....all in all not a bad day considering i was on the early shift today started work at 7am.... altho, i am going to have a glass of red now.....for medicinal reasons of course! :)

maybe i should adjust my original sentence ......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Hey guys, please be reminded that it's is against charter rules to post what you are eating for the day on a day to day basis.

Thanks guys

Meta

I think a *small* treat every now and again can't hurt, it helps keep me on track because I don't feel too deprived! Like today my friend and I went to Bewleys so I had a yummy hot chocolate (low fat :pac:)

Just once the treat doesn't become an everyday occurrence, I'm thinking it's okay!

oops!!! didn realise that, sorry!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I'd like to join too! I'm 5f4" atm, and just under 12 stone. I've quite curvy so I've been hiding it well but I'd love to get down to 10.5 stone! Boyfriend moved away to college this week so the exercise/new food regime is going well, have done 1.5 hours of walking the dogs this week so far :P

did eat a wagon wheel today with brown bread n bananas, so good to be bold! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

ya im in 2. i have about 4 stone to lose. i started last week and feel really great. i have a load of energy i never knew i had!

Went a little bit by the wayside at the weekend :D Not to worry though, getting back on track now (self flagellation etc). I've been looking into the south beach diet and I think a low carb low gi plan might suit me seeing as I'm a living terror for craving starchy sugary stuff and the like :o Just cooking up a monstrous pot of low carb veggie chilli now. I'll bate the head off himself if he starts moaning about wanting rice with it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

if you have diet buddies your could pair up on www.dailyburn.com, you track your diet, track your training and pair up with loads of buddies on the free version.

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

I had a fab scrambled eggs as well as porraige today, I'm delighted with myself!

Going out later today so must remember to be good! :P

• Advertisement

Going out can throw me off sometimes, the hangover hunger absolutely destroys my diet!

But if I have two slices of brown toast when I get home, and not a greasy takeaway, I'm not so bad the next day :)

How is everyone doing? :D I've signed up for the unislim online plan. It's 34 euro for 8 weeks but I find it easier to stick to a diet when I have a regime in front of me that I have to stick to rather than trying to make it up myself as I go along :D Great selection of recipes too ;)

feeling very sorry for myself am sick as a small hospital with a viral infection..... but maybe i will lose a pound or two..;)

Aw sorry to hear that anigheh :( Is it a stomach bug or a cold that you have? I had an awful dose of the runny nose/sore throat job a few weeks ago but instead of losing weight, I comfort ate myself into obliviion. Even though I couldn't taste anything :rolleyes:

anigheh wrote: »
    feeling very sorry for myself am sick as a small hospital with a viral infection..... but maybe i will lose a pound or two..;)

ya had a cold for a couple of days. but went into teh setam room for about 40 minutes. i feel great now

I wish i had the energy to go anywhere!!! its one of those horrible ones... aching from head to toe wrecked tired worse than a toddler had two sleeps today!!! on the bright side no work till the weekend....

anigheh wrote: »
    I wish i had the energy to go anywhere!!! its one of those horrible ones... aching from head to toe wrecked tired worse than a toddler had two sleeps today!!! on the bright side no work till the weekend....

try goign to teh steam room. it really does work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DeXavia

Can I join in?

tatabubbly wrote: »
    I'd like to join too! I'm 5f4" atm, and just
    under 12 stone. I've quite curvy so I've been hiding it well

I'm the same as you talabubbly, 5'4" 11st13. quite curvy and put on/lose weight evenly on whole body. Great when you gain cos it takes alot to notice, but crap when losing it cos it takes a lot to notice!
    I've signed up for the unislim online plan. It's 34 euro for 8 weeks but I find it easier to stick to a diet when I have a regime in front of me that I have to stick to rather than trying to make it up myself as I go along

That looks like great value! does it give you a meal by meal plan?

Yup it gives a meal by meal plan and the recipe collection is massive so if you don't fancy one of the meals assigned to you, you press the swap button and it takes you into a huge list of other meals you can choose from :D haven't even craved a bit of chocolate yet!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

ash23 wrote: »
    I'm starting a high fibre diet today. I'm 29 and determined not to be fat at 30. I could do with losing about 3 stone.
    I'm a single working parent so I'm super good in work and then I get home and I'm wrecked. And hungry so I end up stuffing my gob.
    I only have to cook for myself so I usually end up with portions that are too big.

So my new plan is to have a bowl of weetabix/porridge in the evenings, or a bowl of beans and then have a later dinner. Because I'm having dinner at 5.30pm and then by 7 or 8 I'm raiding the presses.

I need to drink more water too. Especially if I'm doing a high fibre diet!!!

Why don't you just have dinner at 8 o'clock or so? I have lunch at around 2 and then dinner at 8. I keep busy during those hours so I don't get hungry really. Also you should make sure there's nothing in the presses for you to raid, if you're going shopping don't buy biscuits or bread or any of that crap because otherwise you'll just eat it. Keep veg and meat and whatever else you need for dinner etc but snacks are not necessary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement