Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPV6 Network Issue

Options
  • 19-09-2011 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

While the title of this message is marginally misleading its all i could think to call it.
    Basically i've a small issue. While staying in digs i'm having trouble connecting to UPC router/internet. I had the same connection last year and no problems, and i dont think the router is any different. Its an N wireless router. When i try and connect via the wireless im getting blank screens on both my laptop and the w995 i have.
    In Wireless Networks and Sharing Centre its saying my IPV4 is fine but my IPV6 isnt connecting. The owner of the house has no problems with the internet on his device.
    Ive tried going into the devices and ticking the IPV6 TCP/IP but its already ticked and functioning. My laptop also has an N wireless receiver in it so i know its not that directly. Would updating the wireless adaptors drivers help? I cant do that til friday when im back home however.
    Its UPC in Carlow town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭collier

Edg3 wrote: »
    While the title of this message is marginally misleading its all i could think to call it.
    Basically i've a small issue. While staying in digs i'm having trouble connecting to UPC router/internet. I had the same connection last year and no problems, and i dont think the router is any different. Its an N wireless router. When i try and connect via the wireless im getting blank screens on both my laptop and the w995 i have.
    In Wireless Networks and Sharing Centre its saying my IPV4 is fine but my IPV6 isnt connecting. The owner of the house has no problems with the internet on his device.
    Ive tried going into the devices and ticking the IPV6 TCP/IP but its already ticked and functioning. My laptop also has an N wireless receiver in it so i know its not that directly. Would updating the wireless adaptors drivers help? I cant do that til friday when im back home however.
    Its UPC in Carlow town.

Disable IPV6 and just use IPV4 this is because the big switch to ver 6 has not yet been made and UPC are still using ver 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

Is that in the network adapter properties? Because i did that and it made no difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

IPV6 isn't the problem. It shows no connectivity because IPV6 is not active on UPC.

Try this...
    Network & Sharing Center ->Manage Wireless Networks(on the left)->Select your network, click "remove".
    Then..
    Network & Sharing Center->Connect to a network ->connect to your own network, enter the security key again. Should work.

If no luck, check for updates for your wireless card.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Edg3

My bro fixed it for me. I had 2 anti virus's running together, both monitoring the network, was messing up my connection. DUH :D thanks for all the help guys.

Advertisement