Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hammer hits Horror Channel in October

Options
  • 19-09-2011 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Yep they've bagged a batch a bloody curdling outings from the 60s/70s

Scars Of Dracula - October 1st
    Frankenstein Created Woman - October 8th
    Blood From The Mummy's Tomb - October 15th
    Plague Of The Zombies - October 22nd
    The Reptile - October 29th

Each film will be accompanied by an exclusive introduction by horror aficionado, author, broadcaster and critic Kim Newman. The PR notes that these are part of 30 titles they have bought in from Studio Canal, be interesting to see what the other 25 are.

More interesting is the complete showing of their 1980 TV series Hammer House Of Horror which I have never seen, it'll go out on Saturday as a double bills from 9 pm/10pm (+1) from Oct 1st.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Sounds like it could be a match for the Summer of 1987 BBC2 Hammerfest! :) The wait since there was something like this on again has been long, to say the least.

If only I had The Horror Channel...

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

Sounds good, my PVR will be very busy in october so, between recording this and the rugby

The 1987 mass showing of Hammer double-bills was kicked off with a very nice documentary called "Hammer: The Studio That Dripped Blood", which can be found on YouTube, if you haven't seen it before.

Which of the Hammer movies have you seen so far, mike 65? What did you make of the Hammer House of Horrors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

HHoH is suffering from the scheduling, putting two back to back makes no sense for the viewer or Horror channel (its not like they have so many series they needed to cram them into 6 weeks), so I'm watching the first one only. They are okay, the one with Denholm Elliot about the estate agent is the one I've enjoyed most so far, House That Bled to Death wasn't bad either. They naturally suffer a bit in terms of technique - I just hate day-for-night scenes which was common practice bad then.

I've seen all the films long before now so far, but the Reptile is still to come which will be new to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement