Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job in Film/TV

• 19-09-2011 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i have just finished college doing film production looking for work on Film or Tv Set, Do not mind been A RUNNER,CAMERA ASSISANT,SOUND,GRIP or any other crew roles,
    thanks Matt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭MadgeBadge

Hey mattmassey28,

I think your best option might be to contact as many production companies mid-production right now, as they're the folks who mostly require runners.

It would be most unusual to get an ass-cam role with zero experience, but you should express in your CV or cover letter what direction you see your career going. Like down the technical route, sound or cameras, or a production role like coordination and then production manager, or researcher and the assistant producer, producer.

You can check out what's filming on iftn. Or keeps your eyes and ears open, you hear a company has been awarded money to make something, get a phone number, find an email address and get in touch. Don't be shy about it, in TV and Film this is how ALL freelancers get work.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cordo

i have just finished college doing film production looking for work on Film or Tv Set, Do not mind been A RUNNER,CAMERA ASSISANT,SOUND,GRIP or any other crew roles,
    thanks Matt

Hi Matt, Just out of interest, what course did you do and did you find it good?

Advertisement