Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e-mobile, how to complain?

Options
  • 19-09-2011 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

My OH is just off the phone with e-mobile and going nuts.

Took them a month to send out her modem after losing one, then another was sent to the wrong address and just left outside the door.

She tried to set it up (bill pay one), which didn't work. They said they sent out the wrong one. She has no internet in her flat and asked her to "go online now" and log the problem so that they could send out a jiffy bag to collect. After explaining to them that she couldn't go online, they asked her to ring back in the evening and someone will be available then!

When she rang back again, they couldn't find details of her. When they did, she said she started to get mad and demanded new one by the end of the week. The guy replied "you demand a lot, don't you". She got his name and asked him how could their customer service be so inefficient and he said "I have no time for this" and hung up. Rang again asked for supervisor, none there tonight and had to log a complaint over the phone through their system.

What a joke.

/rant

Is there any external complaints committee she can complain to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ulinbac wrote: »

Took them a month to send out her modem after losing one, then another was sent to the wrong address and just left outside the door.

She tried to set it up (bill pay one), which didn't work. They said they sent out the wrong one. She has no internet in her flat and asked her to "go online now" and log the problem so that they could send out a jiffy bag to collect. After explaining to them that she couldn't go online, they asked her to ring back in the evening and someone will be available then!

When she rang back again, they couldn't find details of her. When they did, she said she started to get mad and demanded new one by the end of the week. The guy replied "you demand a lot, don't you". She got his name and asked him how could their customer service be so inefficient and he said "I have no time for this" and hung up. Rang again asked for supervisor, none there tonight and had to log a complaint over the phone through their system.

What a joke.

/rant

Log a complaint on the bottom left of this page http://www.emobile.ie/contact/

Or write to eMobile, 1 Heuston South Quarter
    St John's Road, Dublin 8

Whichever way you chose you must put the words "Formal Complaint" for the complaint to be treated as a complaint and not just customer feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Talk to eircom. Steve from eMobile will be able to help you.

dudara

• Company Representative Posts: 321 Verified rep eMobile: Steve

ulinbac wrote: »

What a joke.

/rant

Hi Ulinbac,

I'm sorry to hear about that.

I hope you understand that due to data protection I can't dicusss any of the specifics of this case with you (as it would be her account). However if you could forward me on her order number/eMobile broadband number I will check this out and escalate it to the appropriate team.

Hope this helps,

-Steve

• Registered Users Posts: 37 egoboo

I am loosing the plot. I've been trying to sort out a problem for about 9 weeks now and it seems I have made zero progress. I have 2 foolscap pages of notes from conversations I've had with so many customer service representatives. I eventually just got through to a customer care team leader "Darren" - I informed him that the telephone conversation was being recorded and he then tells me that this was illegal and that he had to put the phone down! It is not actually illegal to record a telephone conversation if you inform the other person. In fact - emobile Customer Service actually record all their calls! So how is it not illegal for them to record but it is for me!

I've even registered a complaint with COMREG last week and have heard nothing back from eMobile as of yet. I've written to complaints department in eMobile over a week ago. Still nothing back.

I've requested on four separate occasions callbacks from team leaders. None have called me back.

And to make matters worse eMobile have taken from my account aprox €120 and initial €150 payment upfront for a service I have never used. I've requested that the money be given back 3 weeks ago and its still has not arrived in my account.

Companies like this should not be allowed to be in business. There are standards and in my opinion eMobile do not live up to these standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

egoboo wrote: »
    I am loosing the plot. I've been trying to sort out a problem for about 9 weeks now and it seems I have made zero progress. I have 2 foolscap pages of notes from conversations I've had with so many customer service representatives. I eventually just got through to a customer care team leader "Darren" - I informed him that the telephone conversation was being recorded and he then tells me that this was illegal and that he had to put the phone down! It is not actually illegal to record a telephone conversation if you inform the other person. In fact - emobile Customer Service actually record all their calls! So how is it not illegal for them to record but it is for me!

I've even registered a complaint with COMREG last week and have heard nothing back from eMobile as of yet. I've written to complaints department in eMobile over a week ago. Still nothing back.

I've requested on four separate occasions callbacks from team leaders. None have called me back.

And to make matters worse eMobile have taken from my account aprox €120 and initial €150 payment upfront for a service I have never used. I've requested that the money be given back 3 weeks ago and its still has not arrived in my account.

Companies like this should not be allowed to be in business. There are standards and in my opinion eMobile do not live up to these standards.

Hi egoboo
    I am very sorry to read this and can completely understand your frustration. Can you Pm me your tel no and account and a brief outline of issue, I will give you a call and we can take this issue further.
    Again my apologies that it has taken this long without a resolution but I will push this for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 valeriej

Hi folks, just wondering if someone can advise me please. my sis in law joined emobile last year and as part of her package received a htc desire. she was told she had to pay deposit for phone but would get it back in 6 mths - she got this in writing and verbally. She has been told now that its not the case and that she wont be refunded. she is being passed from pillar to post and is at her wits end. can anyone advise please?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

yes, they dont like it when you tell them their lies are been recorded.... waiting myself too for them to come back to be to confirm the legislation i was accused of breaking, and what criminal conduct i enacted.....

they dont seem to realise that none of us want to be here... we just want our phones fixed... and their lies to stop.... and to stop sending our personal information to external companies.....

but you are legally allowed to record them without their permission.... the requirement is that one person on the call is aware of it... so ... as long as you know it... your grand....

quote....

" Under that legislation, a telephone conversation can be legally recorded by one of the parties involved, without the other’s consent. Tribunal chairman John Gleeson SC said:
    "The fact that one party to a telephone conversation records it does not, in the opinion of the tribunal, give rise to a constitutional difficulty or a breach of the European Convention on Human Rights.

"After all, a party to a telephone conversation is always capable of giving evidence of the contents of that conversation without any recording apparatus, whether by making a contemporaneous note or by simply recalling in evidence what was said during the conversation." unquote...

ooops not sure of the correct citation so i apologise in advance to anyone concerned, but can give internet site for same,
    http://www.tjmcintyre.com/2007/12/admissibility-of-recorded-telephone.html

(moderators/john gleeson SC i hope the above citation using internet site is sufficient.)

so... get recording i would say..... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

valeriej wrote: »
    Hi folks, just wondering if someone can advise me please. my sis in law joined emobile last year and as part of her package received a htc desire. she was told she had to pay deposit for phone but would get it back in 6 mths - she got this in writing and verbally. She has been told now that its not the case and that she wont be refunded. she is being passed from pillar to post and is at her wits end. can anyone advise please?
    hiya... the boards and emobiles own forum seems to be full of people in similar situation.... if you took out the contract on the back of their promises, and they are now oing back on that, you may have acted to your detriment in entering the contract.

Alot of people have been, like yourself been continously lied to and passed from pillar to post for months...
    Send a formal letter requesting for a final response letter be issued to you in relation to their breach of contract, then having recieved that you will be all systems go to cost them money in the courts...

some people as you can see in the posts have been downloading free apps on their phones to record conversations.... so it seems some people think that may help with their cases and get them to stop with the lies and man up and face their responsibilities....

please note that these are only peronal observations accumalated from other boards and not a deinitive plan of action that i am reccomending.... ;-)

Good luck with it though....

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

valeriej wrote: »

Hi valeriej,

Can you advise if you have access to your sister in laws account? I would need to speak with the account holder or an authorised contact. If you PM her mobile number and pin I can look into this for her.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Natterjack44

who would want to switch to Emobile?.....Your customer service department is the worst I have experienced. I will make it my business to inform as many people as possible not to fall for your bs.

One very angry ex customer.
    P.S. I probably wont be contactable for a few days......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Natterjack44

tried to join there emobile forum....surprise surprise I got blocked

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

tried to join there emobile forum....surprise surprise I got blocked

Hi Natterjack
    Read your previous post and obviuosly not good to hear this. If you PM me your query and account details, ( mob no. and pin) I can chase this for you. I should be able to get issue resolved.
    I have not had any report of issues with registering on our forum, did you get an error message as we have not had anyone blocked?
    If you do send on your detaiuls I wil do my best to get resolutiobn here.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

This.
    I was unfortunate enough to experience the joke nature of their service a few weeks back. Got the fcuk away from them as quick as i could.
    Only thing i will say about them is they refunded me whatever i was owed after i quit them.

Still the worst customer experience i've ever had.

Advertisement