Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How soon should I apply for a place in primary school

• 19-09-2011 11:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Im just wondering how young should I consider applying for a place in primary school for my daughter? Shes only 5 months but I have heard of people applying for places younger than that. First time parent so dont know how these things go.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Now.

Seriously.

Put her name down today - in every primary school in your area. Lists fill up pretty quickly and you can always withdraw if you're offered a place. Adding her name to a waiting list does not commit you to anything. It just means you're on the waiting list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Thanks a mil. Im interested in a Gaelscoil in the area so I will contact them soon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Gaelscoileanna are extremely popular so I'd ring asap and see what their policy is. If it's first come, first served after siblings,you'd want to get her name down as quickly as you can.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Definitely get her name down. You'll find that some schools have applications up to 2015 and maybe 2016 now. Read the enrolment policy as if you're not in the parish the date of application may be important later on.

(What byhookorbycrook said).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Just to let you guys know I enquired with the Gaelscoil in Inchicore and it doesnt accept applications until the child is 3. Also, it looks like we are slightly outside of the cachement area so unless we move we are way down the bottom of the list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement