Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway city eircom rep offer

Options
  • 20-09-2011 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

had an Eircom rep around last Thursday (Galway city, Knocknacarra\Rahoon area) offering an 8Mb uncongested line for 34euros pm; unlimited (250GB fair usage), connection, line rental and wifi router included. can one of ye confirm this door offer is kosher and what 'guarantees' are there that the line will remain uncongested (does this equate to 1:1 contention?); it was his main selling point by highlighting that UPCs contention on their 25Mb line is 1:17. thanks for any info.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Cheapest i heard of was €39.99 a month (pnly for 6 months, then it goes up) and 10gb cap at that price. Such realities never stopped a salesman. :)

If you are on the Shantalla exchange there should be no contention issues...then again UPC contention largely depends on your near neighbours and whether there are any hogs on your street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jkforde wrote: »
    had an Eircom rep around last Thursday (Galway city, Knocknacarra\Rahoon area) offering an 8Mb uncongested line for 34euros pm; unlimited (250GB fair usage), connection, line rental and wifi router included. can one of ye confirm this door offer is kosher and what 'guarantees' are there that the line will remain uncongested (does this equate to 1:1 contention?); it was his main selling point by highlighting that UPCs contention on their 25Mb line is 1:17. thanks for any info.

Hi jkforde,

Did the agent give a time period for the €34 per month or did they state that would be the ongoing price. Do you remember the name of the package the agent quoted to you?

The NGB is uncongested.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks Mark. the rep said that the €34 per month price was the average price over the 12 months of the contract, and i think the 8Mb package was one up from the most basic NGB package, not too sure though. he didn't leave any documents or brochure with me but he did say that he'd call back so i'll bring him in for a cuppa and give him a good grilling to see if all's above board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

thanks Mark. the rep said that the €34 per month price was the average price over the 12 months of the contract, and i think the 8Mb package was one up from the most basic NGB package, not too sure though. he didn't leave any documents or brochure with me but he did say that he'd call back so i'll bring him in for a cuppa and give him a good grilling to see if all's above board.

Ok jkforde
    and if all not explained after the cuppa let me know. This link shows all the residential broadband packages and bundles, so may help[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,'lucida grande',arial,helvetica,sans-serif] you.
    Tony
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

thanks Tony, what's making me suspicious was his claim that line rental, connection and the wifi router were all included in the 34 per month which makes it sound waay too generous! anyways, will await his knock... :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

thanks Tony, what's making me suspicious was his claim that line rental, connection and the wifi router were all included in the 34 per month which makes it sound waay too generous! anyways, will await his knock... :)

Hi jkforde
    no that is possible and they may have other promotions to offer which differ from our online offers. You can compare from this link if this helps.
    Tony

Advertisement