Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Parking/Racks in dublin (At night)

• 20-09-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

hey all so im cycling a while but not cycled in to dublin yet as just not been sure where i wanted to leave my bike, so though id come on here and ask if any people have some good safe (enough) spots, im looking for places i can leave the bike for a few hours after dark sort of thing
    somewhere i can leave the bike after meet a few people for "tea" etc and then cycle home...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I've left bikes in loads of different spots round the city centre and not lost one yet. I'd put it with other bikes and not directly outside a chipper or anywhere its likely to get kicked. I have good locks, I hope you have too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Morpork

Drury St car park has lots of bike racks. It's indoors and has CCTV covering it. It's also free and 24 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

Morpork wrote: »
    Drury St car park has lots of bike racks. It's indoors and has CCTV covering it. It's also free and 24 hours.
    ya i actuly asked in a other post if this was 24 hours, this looks like a good spot, my bike is not that great so not to worryed about it getting taken but still looking for peace of mind,

to other poster, ya i have good locks, and thanks for the tip about people kicking it never though about this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I've left bikes in loads of different spots round the city centre and not lost one yet. I'd put it with other bikes and not directly outside a chipper or anywhere its likely to get kicked. I have good locks, I hope you have too.
    Good point. Dark spots near pubs are bad news too. Got my front wheel pringled by a bunch of drunks once.

Advertisement