Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gel Belts

• 20-09-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering what people use to carry gels when running a marathon. At the moment, i leave my gels at various locations on my LSR's and pick them up as i run past.
    What do most people do in a marathon situation and is there such a thing as a gel belt to carry these. I have heard of Eddie Izard runner's gel belt, but not sure is it any good.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I just use a Jansport Money belt, picked it up in an airport for about €5 a few years ago. You can pay a fortune for an expensive Gel belt if you want, but something much cheaper will probably do the same job.

I'm talking about something like this I imagine you can get them in any place that sells luggage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I use one of these - less bounce from an arm wallet than a waist belt.
    Three gels in the wallet and one in the back pocket....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

My local Tesco does SIS stuff and I've picked up one of their gel belts there - http://www.lansonrunning.com/accessories/runners-waistpacks-wallets/sis/go-gel-marathon-belt.aspx

Has loops for 8 gels I think and a little pocket/pouch for other bits and bobs.
    I've worn it on a few long runs and it does the job nicely.
    Costs about a tenner I believe.

PK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Patrick_K wrote: »
    My local Tesco does SIS stuff and I've picked up one of their gel belts there - http://www.lansonrunning.com/accessories/runners-waistpacks-wallets/sis/go-gel-marathon-belt.aspx

Has loops for 8 gels I think and a little pocket/pouch for other bits and bobs.
    I've worn it on a few long runs and it does the job nicely.
    Costs about a tenner I believe.

PK

I picked up one of these belts and it would hardly go round my waist.34"
    are they different sizes?
    any other belt,hilly ,orca decathlon water belt are expandable around the waist but this is very very tight,suitable for Max 30" waist.
    no sizing on label though.
    it going back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭Patrick_K

Thats a pain, I don't think they come in different sizes.
    I'm about a 31 inch waist and its OK for me but I think I have it close enough to fully expanded.
    Pretty stupid that they don't have more adjustment in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Tipp man running

seanin4711 wrote: »
    I picked up one of these belts and it would hardly go round my waist.34"
    are they different sizes?
    any other belt,hilly ,orca decathlon water belt are expandable around the waist but this is very very tight,suitable for Max 30" waist.
    no sizing on label though.
    it going back.

I also have one of these and have used it in my last 5 marathons, absolutely ideal for gels. I'm a 34" waist and find it perfect, you want it tight and not bouncing, especially when you have it loaded.

I also have one of these and have used it in my last 5 marathons, absolutely ideal for gels. I'm a 34" waist and find it perfect, you want it tight and not bouncing, especially when you have it loaded.

I know that it needs to be tight,but i can bearly get the SiS one to clip close!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

I find this one dead handy for around the arm, doesn't have the problems the belts do like slipping down or trying to find waist sizes, one size fits all...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hilly-arm-gel-strap/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

subscriber wrote: »
    I find this one dead handy for around the arm, doesn't have the problems the belts do like slipping down or trying to find waist sizes, one size fits all...

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/hilly-arm-gel-strap/

i also bought this and used it for the first time last Saturday for my LSR. Before i commenced running,it started to slide down my arm slightly. But that was when my arm was straight. When i started to run, never really noticed it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

strange, haven't found this to be a problem at all and i have arms like an autumn branch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

subscriber wrote: »
    strange, haven't found this to be a problem at all and i have arms like an autumn branch!!

Ive only worn it the once, and i was happy enough with it. The least thing bother's me, i'm hard to please....

Advertisement