Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF:BC2 Patch fun

Options
  • 20-09-2011 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/
    Are there any known problems with it?

If your Windows username contains non-English characters (such as ö, ý, etc) then PunkBuster will not activate properly. To work around this, ensure that your Windows username uses only characters from the English character set. In other words, "7-bit ASCII only, please". We caught this at the very end of the validation pass, and decided that it was better to deliver the build to the public than to give it another tour through the whole patch generation and validation process.
    Sounds rather sh|te. Look at the Table of 7-bit ASCII Character Codes if you want, but I'm thinking this is going to fúck with the foreigners with their native characters... and anyone who has a slightly different username. I can see the Linux heads laughing at this.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Ouch, sounds like they don't really care or they just want to get the patch out before BF3. I presume this is the final patch we'll see for BF:BC2?

It's a sizable download tho
    Changelist
    Removed some memory leaks
    Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes); this should particularly help multi-monitor users
    Chat window no longer causes lag spikes
    Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini
    Clantag is remembered when using auto-login
    Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length
    SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version
    Minor performance enhancements
    Reduced rubberbanding on servers with more than 24 active players
    PrintScreen takes a screenshot, file stored in Documents\BFBC2\Screenshots directory

How large is the patch?

It is approximately 2.6GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

5uspect wrote: »
    Ouch, sounds like they don't really care or they just want to get the patch out before BF3. I presume this is the final patch we'll see for BF:BC2?

It's a sizable download tho

No thanks, bit to late. Why bother when the bf3 beta is so soon?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I have a friend who's just getting into BC2 (delayed due to disconnection issues) so I'll definitely stick it for a bit longer until he's happy to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Prob because some of the improvements are a direct result of BF3.

Advertisement