Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No water- kenagh

Options
  • 20-09-2011 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Im going on a bit of a rant here so I'll apologise from the outset.
    I've been living in kenagh for 4.5 years now (blow-in) and since we moved in our water has been switched off at least 4-5 times a month (sometimes more). It's so annoying- not able to have shower in the morning- not able to have a cup of tea etc. Neighbours have similuar problem but not as bad.

Nnot only do we have issues with water turning off - also the pressure is brutal- to the extent that 2 people can not shower one after another as the water runs out. We have got plumbers out to look at it and they all say it's to do with pressure- water only trickling back onto tank therefore taking a lifetime to refill.

I've been into council and they have checked and fobbed me and neighbors off on
    numerous occasions with the usual jargon. I know there updating water system at the mo but no new pipes coming anywhere near my house so can't see how this will help.

Anyone else have same problems? Any advise? Really getting sick of it at this stage- very hard to cope with unknown for nearly 5 years-( will it be on/off today??)

Once again sorry about rant- I'm at my wits end

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

What part of Kenagh are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mollysmam

longford side of the village

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭baldbear

Maybe a few people get onto a county councillor and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mollysmam

Done already a few times with no success. Thanks for reply.

I think I'm just going to have to inundate council and councilors with letters/calls/emails. And get neighbors to do same

Advertisement