Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Teeth Whitening Smoking 24hr

• 20-09-2011 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Will it make a huge difference if I smoke a cigarette before the reccommended 24hrs after having laser teeth whitening? I have to wait until 7pm tonight, I really don't want to, but i don't want the teeth whitening to have been a waste of time either

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

woozle wrote: »
    Will it make a huge difference if I smoke a cigarette before the reccommended 24hrs after having laser teeth whitening? I have to wait until 7pm tonight, I really don't want to, but i don't want the teeth whitening to have been a waste of time either

I'm sure it won't make too much of a difference, but then again what if it does! A complete waste of money on your behalf isn't it!
    It's your choice but surely it'd be worth it to go another few hours and get the full benefit of what you paid for!! Get gum or something to last you through!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 woozle

I know you're right, I'm being lame

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lyno9235

Sorry for the bad news but it will make a big difference. I smoked within 24 hours of laser whitening and my teeth practically reverted back to their original colour! Teeth are so sensitive after whitening that they easily pick up any stains. If I were to do it again I would DEFINITELY avoid smoking!!

right so, thanks for the resolve, i have chewing gum, that'll do. Here's to a smoke free day of white food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Sorry if it is a little off topic and not hijacking the OP original post but is Laser Teeth Whitening:
    1.Effictive
    2.How long does it last
    3.Is it expensive to get done
    4.Is it widely available

Thanks

Ger.

• Advertisement

join up with Grab One and you get deals on it - otherwise i'd say it's too expensive for the actual quality of the service. They put a bit in your mouth like a horse for 1/2 an hr, my teeth aren't that sensitive, but i know people who found it so painful they had to take pain killers. I only had 2 x teeth just pang once last night after i had it done, and 1 this morning, but Sensodyne fixed that. They are definately a couple of shades lighter, but apparently the effects dont last. The Grab One Deal was cheap enought for me to throw money away on it though

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

You know, there is a Dental Forum ;)

OT, I had the laser whitening done a few years ago and while it did lighten them a bit, I wasn't blown away by the results..

I got myself a Crest Whitening Stips kit off Ebay a few months after to refresh the results and I found I got a much better result from them and they only cost me $35 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Gerard93

Thanks Woozle & Xzanti for the replies
    Crest Whitening Stips kit
    Heard about these alright.
    You know, there is a Dental Forum
    was'nt aware of this will check it. - Thanks.

Advertisement