Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Jam at Thonabrucky Backroads

Options
  • 20-09-2011 9:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea what was causing the bad traffic Jam this morning on the thonabrucky/bushypark backroads leading down to circular road and westside?

had to turn around and go another route so not to be late for work...just wondering if i need to change the way i go to work

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

brmccfc wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what was causing the bad traffic Jam this morning on the thonabrucky/bushypark backroads leading down to circular road and westside?

had to turn around and go another route so not to be late for work...just wondering if i need to change the way i go to work

Haven't a clue, but I was sitting in it praying my engine wouldn't cut out as my petrol light had already been on for days.

I know part of the Bishop O'Donnell Road was closed until 6am but surely that shouldn't have affected things at 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Haven't a clue, but I was sitting in it praying my engine wouldn't cut out as my petrol light had already been on for days.

I know part of the Bishop O'Donnell Road was closed until 6am but surely that shouldn't have affected things at 8?

ya i doubt that was the cause as Bishop O'Donnell was clear when went past it a while later. The odd time you get someone breaking down or a tip and no one can get past maybe that was it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

You did, in part.

Eh? Eh, eh? Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭39steps

It's nothing in particular except all the traffic now that schools and University is back in term time.
    I've given up on that route and gone back to Salthill and in along the prom. Oops maybe I shouldn't have shared that, now ye'll all be there.

wet-paint wrote: »
    You did, in part.

Eh? Eh, eh? Eh?

um wha?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

brmccfc, I put it to you that you are traffic.

yes i am slow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Maybe some of the slower competitors from the Ironman were still coming through :-P

Advertisement