Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye BYe London for Irish Team

Options
  • 20-09-2011 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

hi all,

Just wondering what your thoughts are on the very disappointing performence at Madrid this weekend. I have to say I was gutted, I was so hopefull after how we did in the Super league , and I thought Nicola was a fresh new addition to the team.

Alas however it was not to be, apart from Billy the rest of the team just didnt perform at all. Robert Splaine was interviewed afterwards and he was asked could we have picked a better team? where was Jessica, Cian, Cameron, Shane or David O Brien? he replied by saying he could only have picked from who was availible to him, and that he wanted the best possible combinations. He also said that the selling of horses by some restricted his choice, dig at Cian I presume .

Our only hope now is an individual rider, or maybe two!

;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭JennaJameson

Jessica Kurten's string of horses are now being ridden by someone else, following an argument between herself and her owner over financial issues.

As for the rest, some riders aren't performing well enough lately, some are injured. In fairness, on recent form, the right team went to Madrid. As Nicola Fitzgibbon points out in her blog;
    I'd like to point out that the Irish team lost a large number of top riders and horses throughout the year due to injury and horses being sold. Other combinations just weren't showing form good enough to be considered for a place on the team. And so while Robert Splaine was limited with the choices he could make for his team, the one he did select was a strong one. And indeed was the exact one which had come breathtakingly close to winning the Aga Khan trophy for the first time in seven years, just a few short weeks ago.

Yeah, it was a lousy performance, but on another day, the same riders could easily have done well enough to qualify. It's just the luck of the draw. You win some, you lose some, and Ireland were unfortunate enough to lose at a crucial moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Kens

Yeah, it was a lousy performance, but on another day, the same riders could easily have done well enough to qualify. It's just the luck of the draw. You win some, you lose some, and Ireland were unfortunate enough to lose at a crucial moment.

While its a shame not to have a team going to London next year thats horses they're not machines & one day your flying it the next day not so much :o just unlucky this week next week they could be winning all round

Advertisement