Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early-bird deals

Options
  • 20-09-2011 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

Going to be in Kilkenny on saturday evening, just wondering if anyone can recommend sonewhere to eat, or if anyone knows any good early bird deals.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Haven't been there in a while but Campagne is well worth a look - their early bird is "early" though (before 6 on Sat I think?). www.campagne.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18 thewiseoldwoman

Key Largo is my favourite early bird. E10 for two courses :).Fabulous food and value.I had the most beautiful seafood pasta there ive ever eaten in Kilkenny,and lashings of seafood in it.Ive also eaten from the later menu and thats just divine.Check out "Wine of the Week" E15 a bottle,fab wine sav blanc :p !! There's lots of other places,but this is my fav and in my opinion hard to beat.Enjoy Kilkenny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

I can certainly recommend Rinuccinis opposite the castle.

Nicely refined Italian cooking, good service and a warm and agreeable atmosphere.

Early Bird is approx €23.00 for 2 courses, €26.00 for 3.

Homemade Soup of the Evening (G) (V)

Pate Dello Chef
    Homemade Irish Chicken Liver Pate, garnished with a red cabbage salad & warm garlic bread

Insalata Mista (G) (V)
    Mixed leaf Salad with red peppers, sliced cucumber, olives,
    shavings of Parmesan cheese & our house dressing

Rinuccini Antipasto Platter (G)

Involtini di Melanzane (G) (V)
    Rolls of aubergines,stuffed with Ricotta cheese and sundried tomatoes,
    baked in the oven in a fresh tomato sauce, served hot with a dusting of parmesan cheese

Cozze alla Messinese (G)
    Fresh Wexford mussels,tossed on the pan
    with fresh tomato, garlic, white wine & a touch of chilli

Polpettine con Fettuccina Fresca
    Homemade baby meatballs in a tomato, garlic and basil sauce,
    served on a bed of fresh handmade fettuccine

Catch of the Day (G)
    Fresh daily from the boats of Kilmore Quay

Penne all’Arrabiata (V)

Cannelloni dello Chef
    Fresh Homemade free range egg pasta,
    stuffed with red wine braised Irish Beef & Ricotta, oven baked in a fresh tomato sauce

Spaghettini con Gamberoni
    Spaghettini, tossed on the pan with Fresh Kilmore Quay Prawns,
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil,Garlic,Basil and a touch of Chilli

Pollo ai Funghi (G)
    Fillet of Irish Chicken, in a Cream sauce with mushroom, pancetta & white wine

Salsiccia alla Norcina
    Homemade Italian style lamb sausage, served on a bed of summer black truffle cream risotto

Anatra al Sapore d’Arancia (€3 supp) (G)
    Award winning Silver Hill Irish Duckling, oven baked in a fresh orange juice and
    Aurum Liquor sauce until crisp

Filetto di Manzo Buatt (€5 supp) (G)
    Seared Irish Fillet of Beef steak, served in a creamy pepper sauce

Homemade Rich Chocolate Mousse (G)
    Selection of Rinuccini Ice Cream (G)
    Limoncello Cheesecake(G)
    Sorpresa di Lampone (G)
    Rinuccini Cheese Plate (€3 supp)

http://www.rinuccini.com/menus/rinuccini-early-bird/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

I can certainly recommend Rinuccinis opposite the castle.

Nicely refined Italian cooking, good service and a warm and agreeable atmosphere.

Early Bird is approx €23.00 for 2 courses, €26.00 for 3.

http://www.rinuccini.com/menus/rinuccini-early-bird/

Thats expensive, ate in La Rivisata on early bird €15 two courses. Really nice. The Royal Spice was great value as well and you can't beat the humble Indian to make you feel special as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭daisy100

Thanks for those guys !! whereabouts is Key Largo and La Rivisata, i know high street in Kilkenny but thats about it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

femur61 wrote: »
    Thats expensive

That's relative.

I haven't eaten in La Rivista, so can't offer a comparison, though have heard good things about it.

The quality of the cooking in Rinuccinis has certainly never left me feeling that I had not had decent value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I find Rinuccinis very cramped and a bit much for what they serve.

Zuni for €23 is my favorite early bird.

Key Largo is a really good deal for a €10 although the choices can be limitied but that's how early birds work.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

The last time I was in Rinuccini I thought it was a bit meh.
    I had the Spaghettini con Gamberoni and was 'warned' it would be spicy but I'd put more chili in my own cooking for my 3 year old... oh, and it was basically a bowl of pasta with a very few prawns and not a lot of flavour... disappointing really.
    I've had a similar dish in a little place on John St., near the bridge (name escapes me - La Trattoria?) and it's full of flavour (garlic, chili, prawns = win) and good value too.
    I've had lunch @ Rinuccini several times but I just don't 'love' it the way others do for a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

Key Largo is great for the early bird lovely food, but the Shimla deal, any starter and main off the menu for €9.50 is great value too. And Mings Dynasty all you can eat for €14.95 is also good value, you can have as many starters as you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭mick kk

was in La pallmevara - is this the correct spelling@? {italian] on johns street near matt the millers on sat night. 2 courses were 15euro..the offer is all evening. I have to say it was lovely...there were 6 of us and will return. It filled up around 8ish so maybe you have to book if you leave it too late

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Key Largo is on Canal Square just beside John's Bridge about 5 minutes walk from the start of High Street (Castle End).
    La Ravista is on Parliament St which is a continuation of High St heading towards St Canice's Cathedral ie away from the Castle. La Ravista is excellent.
    Hope you have a good time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

I quiet like little italy across the road from langtons on john street. Have been there a few times and its very tasty and not bad price wise.

Early Bird Specials
    Early Bird Menu from €17.95
    Early Bird Menu: 2 Courses €17.95 or 3 Courses €20.95 (not including steak or lamb)
    Monday to Thursday: 3pm till 10:30pm & Friday to Sunday: 3pm - 7pm

Key largo is very good also and is located on the canal square.
    I generally go for either of these 2 when dining out as they would be my 2 favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

best value for money is defo Campagne's early bird - 2 courses for €23 Its top quality food in a great setting/service, IMO by far the best food in KK- another good one is the Grapevine on rose inn st - they do nice Tapas, good selection of beer and wines - I know midweek they have an early bird menu with a selection of tapas for around €4 each - some really good some a bit hit and miss, personally I think KK is overrun with Italians - they all offer pretty much the same or at least very similar fare

Advertisement