Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin city centre leases

Options
  • 20-09-2011 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

I am considering renting an apartment in dublin 2. There are a few advertised but I dont want to sign a year long lease. Preferably i would like to work with a 1 months notice deal.

with so many empty units around these days would landlords in this area be willing to agree to that? 2 bed apartments in D2 are renting for 1200/month. Obviously no recession there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

All you can do is ask, ask for a break clause to be put in the lease.

There's a recession everywhere, if people are willing to pay €1,200 for a 2 bed then that price is the market value. Also this time of the year is the worst in terms of finding a place to rent, a lot of students are renting in the city centre which always brings up demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

If you want a shorter lease, you should be prepared to prepare a higher price.

Looking for a month-to-month lease, especially at this time of year, is just like shouting student, I'm afraid.

Advertisement