Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birthday dessert advice

Options
  • 20-09-2011 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭

My birthday is coming up next week. I normally bake a cake, quite a regular one with cream and pink jellies on the top :)

This year however I was thinking about skipping the cake and make some other type of dessert instead (people eat way too little dessert). I was thinking along the lines of a panacotta... But I'm not entirely sure. It's been a while since I had panacotta and I'm thinking it could be too jelly-ish.

I do love panacotta, though :)

What would you make? Any ideas, please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Tiramisu? You make it the day before so you won't have too much to do on the day then other than sprinkle some cocoa on it before serving.

Champagne jelly n a nice homemade icecream?
    Lemon and lime tart?
    Nigellas Chocohotopots?

Had a (didn't make it though) choc orange marshmallow cheesecake the other day it was nice, heavy though. Maybe an American cheesecake..the ones you bake?

No harm in doing a pannacotta anyway, maybe do two different desserts.
    Some people prefer chocolatey desserts and others prefer something that's not too sweet it's hard to please everyone though. It's your birthday so most important thing is that it's something you like:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it :)

Tiramisu sounds like a marvellous idea and it seems a lot of people love the chocohotopots.

I'd really like to try something new but I'm not sure what just yet :rolleyes:
    Desserts are so wonderful it's hard to pick.

Advertisement