Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I'm looking for someone to do a name sign for a business. Anyone know someone who does these at a reasonable price?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Folks, regarding the foam I managed to get sorted with waterproof/greaseproof stuff from www.efoam.ie - just incase anyone needs any in the future.

Thanks for the suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭andy85wsm

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Does anyone know where I could buy one of these Ipod amplifiers in Galway.
    mytunes-ipod-amp_msp_06112008.jpg

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭listenup

Does anyone know where I could buy one of these Ipod amplifiers in Galway.
    mytunes-ipod-amp_msp_06112008.jpg
    dunnes stores at the counter in Edwards square

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

dilallio wrote: »
    I'm looking for someone to do a name sign for a business. Anyone know someone who does these at a reasonable price?
    Thanks
    If you want the "Galway style", then Mike Kenny signs.
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~mikekennysigns/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I lost the zip to a hoody. Anywhere in town where I could have a new one attached to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

There's a place on the sunny side of Merchant's Road that'll probably do it. The door faces one of the "side roads/"alleys that leads to Dock Road, but I can't remember which one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

the place on Eyre St at St Brendan's Av, up from McSwiggans, is good. that place on Merchants Rd is called the ZipYard

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Anywhere Id get reasonably priced ethernet cables?
    Looking for half meter ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

Where is a good place to get a mini valet in the city? Just a wash and a hoover is all im looking for really.

There's several places that do valets, like Hynes or Eyre Square Shopping Centre parking houses will do wash/clean while you shop.
    The place behind Terryland does them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Goofy wrote: »
    Where is a good place to get a mini valet in the city? Just a wash and a hoover is all im looking for really.
    The place in woodquay (Crystal Clean I think?) does mini valet for €50

You could just hoover it yourself at a service station and get it washed for a tenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

am looking for a postbox that fits into front doors, there's one already installed but the outside metal flap is too light which means that it bangs around in even light wind so am looking for a heavier type, have tried the usual suspects mentioned in a previous thread but they only do the wall mounted metal boxes...

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tuneil

jkforde wrote: »
    am looking for a postbox that fits into front doors, there's one already installed but the outside metal flap is too light which means that it bangs around in even light wind so am looking for a heavier type, have tried the usual suspects mentioned in a previous thread but they only do the wall mounted metal boxes...

On Sunday I saw a metal postbox in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

can you get full jalepenos anywhere?

I think most of the Mediterranean shops have them, or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

can you get full jalepenos anywhere?

I get them from to time in Aldi, sometimes they are in a carton of mixed chillies. In fact, I chopped up an unusual looking chillipepper this evening for a stir fry and my daughter asked me what was wrong because she saw tears in my eyes.....!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

We had the same problem and I couldn't find a decent replacement in Galway and thought I was going to have to order online from the UK. But then my wife had the ingenious idea of lining the box where the flap hits the frame with a narrow strip of Blu Tack. It's sticky enough to create a seal between the flap and the frame so the wind doesn't lift it but not so sticky that the postman can't lift it to drop in your mail. It's been working fine for six months now.

best/most competitive place for an external hard drive?
    would be looking for 320-500gb, usb powered one, none of these AC powered ones if possible. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

am looking for a postbox that fits into front doors, there's one already installed but the outside metal flap is too light which means that it bangs around in even light wind so am looking for a heavier type...

I was going to suggest a lead strip or velcro inside the metal flap... but Unrealistic's better half's idea of Blu-Tack seems like a very elegant solution to the problem.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Hey guys i'm looking to buy a Waterford Crystal frame.. Anyone got any ideas on where would be the cheapest place? it's the Lismore Essence to be exact if anyone knows anything about that sort of thing. I know Brown Thomas in Cork has a WC section but I couldn't spot any in the one in the Gaway.. Any big jewellers in town might stock that sort of thing?
    I might just buy it online but it's for a gift and will need it before the 30th, don't really trust any overseas company to do that for me!

Cheers :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 birdygirl

Ok i really hope someone can help me with this! Any time i go to Spain or Portugal... i get such a craving for their ham when i come home. Im not sure if it is made from a different type of pig, but it just tastes so damn good!

Does anyone a) know what Im talking about?
    b) know where I can get similar ham in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

birdygirl wrote: »
    Ok i really hope someone can help me with this! Any time i go to Spain or Portugal... i get such a craving for their ham when i come home. Im not sure if it is made from a different type of pig, but it just tastes so damn good!

Does anyone a) know what Im talking about?
    b) know where I can get similar ham in Galway?
    I assume you mean Serrano Ham. All supermarkets do it, Dunnes Edward Square, Tesco, Supervalu, Aldi,Lidl.

I assume you mean Serrano Ham. All supermarkets do it, Dunnes Edward Square, Tesco, Supervalu, Aldi,Lidl.

I was just about to say that! Serrano! Om nom!
    Aldi is by far the best price for it, alot of places are really really dear for it.

Some guy on the radio compared Parma/ Serrano ham betwee a few shops and apparently Aldi was pretty good value. I like the Black Forest ham they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Anyone know where to get a herb grinder?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

Anyone know where to get a herb grinder?

Anthony Ryan's on Lombard street will have them. Though I'd check out tkmaxx homeware section first as they're usually cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

spectre wrote: »
    Anthony Ryan's on Lombard street will have them. Though I'd check out tkmaxx homeware section first as they're usually cheaper

Thanks, that's great. Are they big ones or small?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

I'm not sure. Ryan's have a comprehensive selection of kitchen gadgets so I'll be surprised if you don't find what you're looking for

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement