Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Surrealean

I need (of all things) a beer helmet!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Flynn wrote: »
    Hey guys i'm looking to buy a Waterford Crystal frame.. Anyone got any ideas on where would be the cheapest place? it's the Lismore Essence to be exact if anyone knows anything about that sort of thing. I know Brown Thomas in Cork has a WC section but I couldn't spot any in the one in the Gaway.. Any big jewellers in town might stock that sort of thing?
    I might just buy it online but it's for a gift and will need it before the 30th, don't really trust any overseas company to do that for me!

Cheers :D

Anybody!?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Flynn wrote: »
    Anybody!?
    At a guess you could try the treasure chest, Kilkenny shop, debenhams, or the gift shop at the back of fallers jewellers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

I was going to suggest a lead strip or velcro inside the metal flap... but Unrealistic's better half's idea of Blu-Tack seems like a very elegant solution to the problem.
    We had the same problem and I couldn't find a decent replacement in Galway and thought I was going to have to order online from the UK. But then my wife had the ingenious idea of lining the box where the flap hits the frame with a narrow strip of Blu Tack. It's sticky enough to create a seal between the flap and the frame so the wind doesn't lift it but not so sticky that the postman can't lift it to drop in your mail. It's been working fine for six months now.

off topic but just in case someone else has the same issue - managed to tweak the outside letterbox flap by slightly increasing the twist in the thin bar of plastic in the hinge that produces the small torque that closes the flap - now that the force is greater it dont flap around no more! :D

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Anyone know where I can buy sport medals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Winston79

Does anyone know of a fish shop thats sells pike in Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 birdygirl

Got the serrano ham! Oh my god, it was yummy... thanks guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Bosupe wrote: »
    biko wrote: »

Thanks biko! Would anyone know of a shop in Galway city?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Winston79 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of a fish shop thats sells pike in Galway?

Its illegal to kill more one pike per day per person up to 50cm, which is small enough but would provide a couple of portions for eating. Catch your own is the only way you will source pike for eating.

Its illegal to kill any pike over 50cm, and its also illegal to have more than one pike under 50cm in your possession. This renders the sale of pike pretty much illegal.

• Advertisement

Thanks biko! Would anyone know of a shop in Galway city?

Richard Quinn jewellers on Dominick St, they have a trophy engraving place upstairs that sells medals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Zzippy wrote: »
    Its illegal to kill more one pike per day per person up to 50cm, which is small enough but would provide a couple of portions for eating. Catch your own is the only way you will source pike for eating.

Its illegal to kill any pike over 50cm, and its also illegal to have more than one pike under 50cm in your possession. This renders the sale of pike pretty much illegal.

Interesting info.

Any reasons for this? Diminishing stock? They're dirty lookin feckers, don't know how anyone would want to eat one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

The Olympics are gonna be in London soon enough.....

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Interesting info.

Any reasons for this? Diminishing stock? They're dirty lookin feckers, don't know how anyone would want to eat one

The law was passed because while pike were never really eaten by Irish people, certain nationalities consider it a delicacy, and firstly you had French, German, Dutch and Swiss anglers coming here and filling up their camper van freezers with pike, so they limited it to one pike, then you had Eastern European anglers moving here and taking lots more, so they further limited it to under 50cm.
    In certain areas this became a problem. In the Galway area pike are still considered a pest species by many, as Corrib is managed as a trout fishery, but the pike byelaw is a national one so it applies here too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hello.

Was wondering if anyone knew of any classical guitarists in the city or how I could get in touch with them?
    Looking to track one down for a function.

thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

Hello.

Was wondering if anyone knew of any classical guitarists in the city or how I could get in touch with them?

thanks!

try asking the guitarist that plays flamenco and classical stuff on shop st. outside O2 at the weekend, he does a regular gig in cava afaik and sounds good

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tuneil

-=-

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Looking for a 24hour gym in galway, or any late closing one in and around eyre square?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'm looking to get a hand dryer installed at work. Who and where?

Oranmore Business Park

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Beer Baron wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a hand dryer installed at work. Who and where?

Oranmore Business Park

http://www.safetydirect.ie/

http://www.sanserv.com/index.asp

Just search in the search box for hand dryer..... Boom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

They sell them but don't install them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Western Hygiene. I presume they are still in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'm looking for an Apple TV 2 in Galway, none in Currys, any idea of anywhere else selling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sinny65

Anybody know of anybody who will collect 7 binliners of rubbish in the city? Have done a spring clean and reckon it'll be easier to get them collected than buy city bin bags. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I'm looking for an Apple TV 2 in Galway, none in Currys, any idea of anywhere else selling them?

Very hard to get now, with the release of the new one, unless you buy online.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Hello.

thanks!
    Is it just playing or singing too? See if you can find anyone who teaches spanish/classic guitar. They should be able to do it, or at least know someone.
    Good luck.

Btw, I need distilled water.
    Need a big jug, 4/5 liters.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭macgabhs

L'prof wrote: »

Did you try the apple reseller in Liosban? I got mine there earlier in the year. Very helpful too I think they are called Galmac

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

macgabhs wrote: »
    L'prof wrote: »

Did you try the apple reseller in Liosban? I got mine there earlier in the year. Very helpful too I think they are called Galmac

Not me that's looking, but good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Shakti

Large olive de-stoner?,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

Hard to see past Anthony Ryan's on Lombard street for any kitchen gadgets. Not cheap though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement