Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

-Vega- wrote: »
    LOOKING FOR SOME PLACE THAT REPAIRS SPEAKERS *PC*

Have a pair of Creative speakers, about 160euro.

The sound kinda blew in them, everything I play is distorted and 'staticy'.

Im wondering if anyone place can do repairs on them for like 20 euros or something, otherwise not worth repairing. Any suggestions? :) ty
    You could try sourcing new elements on ebay and swap them, otherwise music stores or car audio places could maybe do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

an electric kettle that's likely to last a couple of years at least. Just been reading reviews of the ones I've seen in town on Amazon and seeing too many negative reviews.
    I thought Russell Hobbs was supposed to be a good rand for them but every model seems to have several people saying theirs broke down after a few months/weeks. & looks like they had a takeover since the last one I bought.
    any recommendations? you can PM me if that goes against the rules here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Blue850

biko wrote: »
    They didn't stock it, and when they do it's only in bulk.
    Got another in B&Q that was better than the last one.

apologies, I re read your request for 3M SUPER 77,its probably been superseded by Super 77 but theres 22 cans of 3M Scotch-Weld 77 in Oranmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

is there any good phone repair shops in galway? I know theres the one above the joke shop but is there any others?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

when you enter eqre square shopping centre at the gbc entrance on the left hand side after elverys. good place. they know there stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Looking for a place that sells a HTC One X sim free. I know there is Fonez but I'd ideally like somewhere else thats a bit cheaper (tried to get second hand but to no avail)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Looking for a place that sells a HTC One X sim free. I know there is Fonez but I'd ideally like somewhere else thats a bit cheaper (tried to get second hand but to no avail)
    Some on adverts, not many
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_HTC+One+X/

Did you also try carphone warehouse? Not sure if they sell sim free.
    Check Android forum, they might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,392 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Looking for a few of these in the Galway city area.

aluminium-sweet-scoop.jpg

Or plastic

imgf16318.JPG?width=600&height=600

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

If you are really stuck do this:D

Funny, I just had somebody on facebook posting about making similar sized scoops out of plastic 2 litre bottles, the kind milk come in. By cutting around the area where the handle and sloped side are. Might be a solution if you get really stuck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Buy some plastic trowels in a toy shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Stevolende wrote: »
    Funny, I just had somebody on facebook posting about making similar sized scoops out of plastic 2 litre bottles, the kind milk come in. By cutting around the area where the handle and sloped side are. Might be a solution if you get really stuck

That's the link I posted above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I bought a load of sweets in candyland for a party and they threw a few in to use at the party. They may have some extra you could buy or ask where they source them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

meadows and byrne or anthony ryans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 45,392 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

meadows and byrne or anthony ryans

Meadows and byrne?

Doubt Anthony Ryan would have them.
    newkie wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

rarnes1 wrote: »
    plenty on ebay, but I need them fairly soon

You can select Ireland & UK for a location which filters out the real bargains from HK and China. Typically I get most UK orders within a week.

im looking for weights discs, cast iron, chrome etc but not vinyl.

the only place i can find them is argos. any place else have them.

none in elvery, lifestyle or champions sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,248 ✭✭✭ratracer

swiftman wrote: »
    im looking for weights discs, cast iron, chrome etc but not vinyl.

the only place i can find them is argos. any place else have them.

none in elvery, lifestyle or champions sports.

Theres a place down on Raven terrace, near Monroes. Fitness something or other

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Hey folks,
    I'm looking for Chinese paper lanterns of the sort you light a wee flame underneath, and they rise up in to the sky. Anyone know where in town I can pick some up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

wet-paint wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    I'm looking for Chinese paper lanterns of the soe you light a wee flame underneath, and they rise up in to the sky. Anyone know where in town I can pick some up?
    Try the joke shop beside Burger King in Corbett Court Shopping Centre. They had them the last time I was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

There's a burger king in town? Wow, I've been away too long. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,313 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

If you do get your hands on those lanterns make sure you get proper permission before you launch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

There's a burger king in town? Wow, I've been away too long. Cheers for that.
    Think they meant 'Its Magic' in the Eyre Square Centre.

If you do get your hands on those lanterns make sure you get proper permission before you launch them.

there was a thing going around on Facebook a couple of weeks back talking about the negative effect of those things on wildlife etc
    http://www.rspca.org.uk/getinvolved/campaigns/wildlife/chineselanterns

and it seems that they cause further damage through the unpredictability of their flight paths etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Those Chinese paper lanterns strike me as being a totally irresponsible and possibly dangerous form of littering !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm looking for some foam boards, about A1-A2 size, anyone know where I could pick some up? or recommend an alternative and where to pick that up?

EDIT: The art shop in the eyre square shopping centre have A2 foam boards in A2 and A3 sizes, but at €3.50 for an A2 sheet they're too expensive for what I'm looking to do so the hunt continues

Hey folks,
    I'm looking for Chinese paper lanterns of the sort you light a wee flame underneath, and they rise up in to the sky. Anyone know where in town I can pick some up?

incase you didnt get the yet, there out in mr. price on the headford road behind the pillo hotel. i remember they were at a decent price which i cant recall now

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

hi looking for Diatomaceous Earth in Galway, dont need shed loads only to Treat fleas in domestic animals, and household use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

hi looking for a place on the east side of city that will clean the heads on an inkjet home printer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement