Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

Mama. wrote: »
    For the bakers - :) - does anybody know where I could go in Galway city tomorrow morning to find little decorations to put on cupcakes - edible butterflies or paper flowers etc? I am on limited time as I have a hosp. appt. Thank you...

Dr. Oetker now do a good range of cake decorations in supermarkets. Dunnes and tesco do a good range of them. They do chocolate hearts and wafer flowers. Fiddes Payne also do little icing swirls and other shapes. There is also a good selection of Dr. Oetker sprinkles on the market now too. All available in supermarkets.

Anthony Ryans do loads of cutters and moulds so if you fancy making them yourself you will get all you need in there. They sell coloured fondant and also the paste colours if you want to colour the white icing you can get in supermarkets.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

• Registered Users Posts: 12,532 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Does anyone know where can buy a swimming cap in Galway, does Leisureland have a shop selling them. Im based in Salthill,Galway, will I have to trek into the city centre to get this?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Does anyone know where can buy a swimming cap in Galway, does Leisureland have a shop selling them. Im based in Salthill,Galway, will I have to trek into the city centre to get this?

Leisureland have them alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Almost every pool sells them nowadays. Normally €2-3 for the cheapy ones

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Does anyone know how much it would cost to get a 2 bed apartment professionally cleaned in Galway city? I mean deep cleaned not a quick wipe of a dust cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Does anyone know if Specsavers still do free eye tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

I used to know a guy who called out to Renmore to service the old lawnmower every year but he's left the country.

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Dave-for some reason I can't access my private messages-I take it you got that contact number?

Dave-for some reason I can't access my private messages-I take it you got that contact number?

Yes thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anyone know if any florists in Galway sell rainbow roses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Does anyone know if Specsavers still do free eye tests?
    Not unless you have a medical card. Usually half price, check in store.
    http://www.specsavers.ie/glasses/prsi-medical-card/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,313 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Anyone spot any cheap Samsung phone chargers around town? Managed to stand on mine and have to hold it in manually now which is time consuming to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

There is a guy selling 2nd hand chargers every Sunday in the market in Calregalway.

Cheers. Would probably cost me as much to get to/from Claregalway as it would to buy a new one. Always meant to check out the market though so this could be my excuse if I don't get one in the meantime.

Cheers for the number but that contact does not housecall to repair lawnmowers and I have no car.

Any other leads for housecall lawnmower (not a sit on) repairs?

Renmore area

Dave you can post a thread in Gardening. The folks there might now, and perhaps they can also show you how to fix it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

I used to know a guy who called out to Renmore to service the old lawnmower every year but he's left the country.
    Any recommendations?

presuming you've googled but just in case... tried ringing Ivors in Shantalla?, they might know someone or have a similar service.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Anyone spot any cheap Samsung phone chargers around town? Managed to stand on mine and have to hold it in manually now which is time consuming to say the least.

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_23287.htm
    Claims to be "universal".

Looks about right. I'll pop down tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Hi,
    I have a few wooden kitchen chairs on their last legs and I'm looking for the support struts which go between the legs.

Is there anyone or anywhere in Galway that I can buy or get them made.

They don't need to be anything fancy and I will paint and glue them myself.
    Thanks, dilallio

Here is a pic of what I'm looking for:

imagebjy.th.jpg

B&Q sells round wood rods. I think they cut to size if you ask.
    I've bought some in there but Woodies prob have some too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 angeloghiotto

I looking for a store to buy a leather jacket....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I looking for a store to buy a leather jacket....

As am I actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

Hi,

I'm looking to buy metallic wire mesh suitable for building a few insect screens, something like this item: http://tiny.cc/lpf7iw ; anybody knows where to find that in / around the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

I am looking for very bright LED's. Or a lamp, battery powered is best. Anyone know of a good place?

Aldi occasionally do a battery/wind up one. They hav'nt done it for a while so it's probably due around again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

For LEDs, the 2euro shops may have small LED torches. 9 LEDs, 3 x AAA cells. Build quality might not be the best, but you don't get a maglite for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Who can tell me where to get epoxy resin adhesive, quick setting, at a decent price, preferably in dual-syringe pack, not too big. I just went to McDonaghs(sp?) in Ballybrit and they wanted 11.65 I think. It was a big pack though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

did a search and it didnt show up.

Anyone know where you could get ear plugs?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement