Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

did a search and it didnt show up.

Anyone know where you could get ear plugs?

Most pharmacies have ear plugs

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Who can tell me where to get epoxy resin adhesive, quick setting, at a decent price, preferably in dual-syringe pack, not too big. I just went to McDonaghs(sp?) in Ballybrit and they wanted 11.65 I think. It was a big pack though.

I got some in Caulfields before. Small tube with mixer. Cost about 5 euro, i think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Where to buy a dark green shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Where to buy a butane refill for a lighter?

I know there have been a few threads about tobbacconists and that there are a few newsagents who carried that type of gear. Anywhere near Knocknacarra or city centre (will be in town at weekend) to seek out?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Euro giant sell butane gas refills for €1.50, that price probably won't be beaten but they don't always have it in stock. The key place downstairs in eyre square shopping centre also sell it at about €4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kelty

Hi Guys,

I am looking to rent 8 laptops for two days, 27th and 28th of September. These laptops are going to be used in a WLAN setup for a web based exam and so they need to be quick and reliable.

Anybody have any idea of where in Galway to get these?

Thanks for your help.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Moving to Galway next week. My girlfriend has an ongoing medical condition and we need to find a good pharmacy. Can anyone recommend one that has friendly/helpful staff? We'd be in there quite a lot. We're living in Gleann na Ri, but really anywhere in the city centre would be fine, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Looking to get a black denim jacket, fairly cheap if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

We visit frequently too unfortunately. Best I've found is Prionsias Moughan in Cookes Corner, not too far from the hospital. He's a real gentleman and gives fantastic advice.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Thanks a lot, both of you. Will have a look at them both.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

I'm looking for a funnel. I was draining old fryer oil today for disposal/recycling and made a bit of a mess. I'm looking for something that fits in the top of a standard 2ltr plastic bottle. Does anyone know where I could buy that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,313 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Tommy Varden should be able to sort out a funnel for you. I'm sure there are cheaper options around though. Try the Pound Shop or whatever it's called now.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I'm looking for someplace to edit a sound file - eg strip out background voices and tidy it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Neyite wrote: »
    I'm looking for someplace to edit a sound file - eg strip out background voices and tidy it up.

The Galway Film Centre in the Cluain Mhuire campus near Wellpark might be able sort you out or give you a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Looking for a guitar doctor, not a music shop but someone who specifically repairs /restores guitars. Anyone about the city do this?

Thanks

Flynn wrote: »
    Looking for a guitar doctor, not a music shop but someone who specifically repairs /restores guitars. Anyone about the city do this?

Thanks
    If you don't get an answer here, have a look/search of the Instruments forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thanks

There was a guy over the Malt house but I think he's gone.

Paul Doyle Studios is (I think) still in Dominic St (behind Rouge).

It's funny, a lot of musicians I know seem to get stuff fixed in Clare. There's an amazing instrument guy in Ennis.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

inisboffin wrote: »
    There was a guy over the Malt house but I think he's gone.

Kieran Moloney? don't think he's gone, I'm sure I noticed his shop at the weekend and thought it had had a facelift.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Thanks a million guys, exactly what i was looking for. Think i'll go with Kieran Moloney as its an electric i need done up. Nice one :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 damodai

Thanks a million guys, exactly what i was looking for. Think i'll go with Kieran Moloney as its an electric i need done up. Nice one :cool:

Paul Doyle on Dominic street does electric instruments as well as the acoustic varieties , no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 helloghan

Thanks

I've heard nothing but grief about the guitar repair shops in Galway, they either do a terrible job or way overcharge. I would offer advice but would no doubt be seen as a shill.

If you do decide to go to a Galway shop, get a guaranteed price, make it very clear he is to call you before he decides to do anything extra, and have this all down in writing. I have a friend of a friend who got shafted, the guy did more than he asked, upped the price, and he eventually had to get someone who knew what he was doing to do the repair all over again.

When the shop in Dublin gave it back to him, they asked who had mucked up his guitar so badly.

€500 and he ruined the guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 damodai

helloghan wrote: »
    I've heard nothing but grief about the guitar repair shops in Galway, they either do a terrible job or way overcharge. I would offer advice but would no doubt be seen as a shill.

If you do decide to go to a Galway shop, get a guaranteed price, make it very clear he is to call you before he decides to do anything extra, and have this all down in writing. I have a friend of a friend who got shafted, the guy did more than he asked, upped the price, and he eventually had to get someone who knew what he was doing to do the repair all over again.

When the shop in Dublin gave it back to him, they asked who had mucked up his guitar so badly.

€500 and he ruined the guitar.

Where would you advise ? (Genuinely interested )

• Registered Users Posts: 28 helloghan

damodai wrote: »

In Galway, I haven't used any of them personally. I meet a lot of guitarists regularly and have heard either horror stories or overcharging.

My best advice would be going into one of the guitar shops (Modern Music/Back2Music/Powells) and asking who they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Are there any regular pub quizzes on in Galway on a Saturday night?

Cottage Bar and Huntsman both do table quizzes but usually on week nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

a magnifying glass. Can't think where would do one that would be big enough to use while fixing a camera.
    Kind of need to have it so that my hands aren't concentrating on positioning it while I need both of them to hold the camera and attach ribbon cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

I think i have seen desk magnifing stands in maplins. Very handy if you are regularily fixing small fiddily items and need both hands free

http://www.maplin.co.uk/home-and-diy/lighting/magnifier-lamps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Thanks

kieran moloney's hes the best luthier in Galway. He'll sort you out, its on high street, second floor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

damodai wrote: »

kieran moloneys, luthier in Galway. hes been doing repair work his entire life and is genuine. hes on high street. second floor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement