Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

inisboffin wrote: »
    There was a guy over the Malt house but I think he's gone.

Paul Doyle Studios is (I think) still in Dominic St (behind Rouge).

It's funny, a lot of musicians I know seem to get stuff fixed in Clare. There's an amazing instrument guy in Ennis.

hes not gone. hes names Kieran and hes still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Are there any regular pub quizzes on in Galway on a Saturday night?

The Oslo Bar does one on a Friday night if thats any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Hey!
    Where exactly in Ballybane industrial estate is Westwide panel beating ? Looking to get a part colour coded ! Drove through on Friday and couldn't spot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

If I'm not mistaken it's past Advanced Pitstop and in through the gates. First place on the right.
    Straight on here

edit, that's Alex's place. He's good too.
    Link on maps to both

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

biko wrote: »
    If I'm not mistaken it's past Advanced Pitstop and in through the gates. First place on the right.
    Straight on here

edit, that's Alex's place. He's good too.
    Link on maps to both

Thanks biko!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

http://goo.gl/maps/biQAe
    basically once off the tuam road take the 2nd left, keep following the road and when you see the number 37 on the facing wall of a nearby building hang a left and they're down there

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

I’m looking for a life-size cardboard cut-out of Bond for a James Bond-themed event. Does anyone happen to have one or know how/ where I can get one? Or is there a better forum to post this? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Large bottles of peppermint or spearmint oil. For a price more economical than €6.95 for 10ml. Otherwise I think I have a steady supply at that price, just got told that source can't get bottles any larger though.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭primrose_lily

Anyone know any good piano teachers that are around the city. I played piano years ago as a kid and got to grade 7 with the RIAM but of course i gave it up and its only now (over 10yrs on!) that ive started to get back into it again but i feel like i have lost all memory of how to play.

I dont want to do the exams necessarily, i just want to learn the theory right this time and get my musical ability back to where it once was.

Anyone know any good teachers out there that arent too focused on the exam part, dont cost an arm and a leg but will just help me learn a few good songs and have fun???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Stevolende wrote: »
    Large bottles of peppermint or spearmint oil. For a price more economical than €6.95 for 10ml. Otherwise I think I have a steady supply at that price, just got told that source can't get bottles any larger though.

Have you looked online?
    amazon.co.uk
    iherb.com have spearmint or peppermint oil 30ml for €4.25 + flat rate postage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

shane9689 wrote: »
    hes not gone. hes names Kieran and hes still there!

Ah cool. I just happened to be with someone/overhear twice that they went there and it was closed. He could have been on holliers or had odd hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

Hello I'm looking for a
    Plug in Mains AC Power Adapter
    with different power settings
    something like

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B004YBLD1G/compareie02-21/

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Is there a post office in Eyre Square? Surely there should be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

There's one at the the top of Eglinton Street - less than 2 minutes' walk from the top of the square.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Is there a post office in Eyre Square? Surely there should be one.
    Ficheall wrote: »
    There's one at the the top of Eglinton Street - less than 2 minutes' walk from the top of the square.
    And another in Bohermore, two minutes walk in the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭RichT

mr biazzi wrote: »
    Hello I'm looking for a
    something like

Maplin in the Wellpark Retail Park will have those, but not at that price though!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

mr biazzi wrote: »
    Hello I'm looking for a
    something like

Pretty sure they can be got in maplins or pc world.
    If it is for just one device you are better off getting a fixed voltage lead, because it will usually last longer and give a more reliable voltage to the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cakewheels

Does anyone know anybody who sells this kind of stuff for GAA matches? Or any shops that might have the above? In theory there should be left over stuff around somewhere after the All Ireland but I just have no idea where to look! Checked some internet selling sites already but no luck so far. It's for a viking related event I'm helping out with in the city. (If intrigued please see post in the 'what's on' thread :))

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

loughgill wrote: »
    Does anyone know anybody who sells this kind of stuff for GAA matches? Or any shops that might have the above? In theory there should be left over stuff around somewhere after the All Ireland but I just have no idea where to look! Checked some internet selling sites already but no luck so far. It's for a viking related event I'm helping out with in the city. (If intrigued please see post in the 'what's on' thread :))

i've seen those in the the 2 euro shops on occasion but wouldn't guarantee they always have them in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Anyone know where to get fondant icing and cake decorating supplies?

I'm going to try McCambridges, but is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

churchview wrote: »
    Anyone know where to get fondant icing and cake decorating supplies?

I'm going to try McCambridges, but is there anywhere else I should be looking?

Thanks.
    M&S used to do icings and little decoration bits and theres a shop on Francis St too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

M&S used to do icings and little decoration bits and theres a shop on Francis St too.

Thanks. Whereabouts on Francis Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

churchview wrote: »
    Thanks. Whereabouts on Francis Street?
    Opposite the Abbey.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

I really want to knit an Aran jumper... I'm a bit of a beginner though!

Where could I get knitting needles, wool and patterns?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

eyre square shopping centre. when you walk in the side door where elverys is, about 20 steps in on the right there is a stairs, go up there and you'll find higgins i think its called. 99% sure they sell all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

Cheers Swiftman. Will check it out on Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

It's Hickey's in Eyre SQ Centre and they will have all you need. Good luck knitting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

It's Hickey's in Eyre SQ Centre and they will have all you need. Good luck knitting :)

haha well hickey's and higgin's is very alike, at least the direction is right

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

Exactly! your directions were spot on, she'd have found it no problem :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Seeking to repair the shade/fabric part of a small table lamp. Either where to get it done for cheap or how to do it myself.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1vTzhrOB9CRQhAC8Cc-w8Gog584pMW2kRo8fAAqOxghOQxT87

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement