Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Shameless plug, but try Tempo Antiques on Cross Street; we do them from time to time, and I think we have one in stock. We'll be open on Tuesday at 10am after the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Try the Watch and Jewellery Repair Centre n Abbeygate Street, opposite Buen Appetito.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

also try the christian bookshop in Abbeygate street where the old cathedral used to be. there is also one in Dominic street. otherwise try the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Park Jewellers at the entrance to Debenhams normally have St Christopher medals, i bought one in there before for a friend that was going abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Thanks for all the replies, will have a look at them all. Looking for a good one, not a 20euro job though but I'll check all places. Thanks !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Yardleys Lavender

Argos Catalogue used to be a good place to find a St Christophers medal. I don't know if you might find a "quality" piece but worth a look!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mr. McGreg

Hi there, odd question I know but just looking to get get a couple of coconuts in town but I'm not certain where to look! It's one of those things where I'm not sure if places like Tesco or Dunnes stock them or you have to know a guy who knows a guy who'll get you a sly coconut! Thanks anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Coconuts ... I'd try Terryland fruit and veg. I know I've seen 'em somewhere, can't remember where, but that's my best guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Dunnes and Tesco both had coconuts today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Supervalue has them in their 3 for €2 deal

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

They have them in Joyce's in Knocknacarra.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The previous page got mighty confusing since the threads were merged :O

They all got their answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Poor auld dude in the Cathedral will be in for a shock if people start arriving into him with clocks though lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭MissMoppet

Anyone know where I could find a whiteboard?

Easons may have it. I'd go to ABC on Tuam Rd, next to Subway.
    You may need to ring and check if they have the size you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Any computer/electronic shops in the town centre? I'm on the lookout for a new laptop some time soon but more urgently looking for some headphones but I've found it surprisingly hard to find shops selling either. HMV do headphones and Curry's have a handful of laptops but that about all I've managed to find..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Hmv is probably the best place to find a selection of headphones, although they mostly stock crappy expensive ones. Online is where I get any headphones I buy but the problem there is that you don't get to test them out beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

Harps wrote: »
    Any computer/electronic shops in the town centre? I'm on the lookout for a new laptop some time soon but more urgently looking for some headphones but I've found it surprisingly hard to find shops selling either. HMV do headphones and Curry's have a handful of laptops but that about all I've managed to find..
    The music shop (is it still Zhivagos?) across from Tescos on the Headford Rd have a nice selection. I got a pair of Senheiser HD201's for 25euro the last day. Epic headphones and a very grood price! Definitely worth a look. :cool:

Does anybody know where I can get scrubs or a surgeon-y looking suit/costume for tonight?
    I couldn't find anything last week:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

The music shop (is it still Zhivagos?) across from Tescos on the Headford Rd have a nice selection. I got a pair of Senheiser HD201's for 25euro the last day. Epic headphones and a very grood price! Definitely worth a look. :cool:

Does anybody know where I can get scrubs or a surgeon-y looking suit/costume for tonight?
    I couldn't find anything last week:confused::confused:

You could try SVS in Ballybane, they supply to the medical/pharma industry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

anyone know if theres any place selling toffee apples? Tried terryland fruit and veg but they were sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

For the poster looking for headphones, or anyone else, as he's prob bought some by now, if you're not too much of an audiophile, I got an acceptable pair in the 2euro shop a while back, don't know if they still have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm looking for large food containers, size of at least 3 litres each, anything up to 10 litres

I know Tesco/Dunnes do them, but damn they're expensive for what they are and are tiny

Wondering if anyone has spotted any about or bought any at a reasonable price?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Tommy Varden's would be your best bet John for both price and choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Seaneh wrote: »
    Tommy Varden's would be your best bet John for both price and choice.

Where's the shop based now? Know it used to be Raven's Tce but that was a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 7 pointerman

Is there any supplement stores in the city?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Where could I get a new car seat, ( Ford mondeo )
    My passenger car seat rolls forward of its own accord sometimes, wont click into place and hold ... have been told by 2 garages I need a new seat , not just a replacement roller/hinge under the seat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

brutes1 wrote: »
    My passenger car seat rolls forward of its own accord sometimes, wont click into place and hold ... have been told by 2 garages I need a new seat , not just a replacement roller/hinge under the seat.....

Try Traynors up the north. They run a truck to Galway every week and you can pick it up from the community centre at Roscam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

brutes1 wrote: »

City recovery have a car breakers in a multi storey in liosbaun, Be surprised if they didnt have a mondeo for parts. Or there is the breakers out the headford road

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement