Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Where's the shop based now? Know it used to be Raven's Tce but that was a long time ago

Riverside Commercial Estate.

Tuam Road.

Galway.

here

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

City recovery have a car breakers in a multi storey in liosbaun, Be surprised if they didnt have a mondeo for parts. Or there is the breakers out the headford road

Would be interested in hearing about any breakers yards as my mechanic instructed me to go get a part for the boot of my Renault Clio, where abouts is the Headford Road one - google maps link if you have a minute? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

swine wrote: »

Would be interested in hearing about any breakers yards as my mechanic instructed me to go get a part for the boot of my Renault Clio, where abouts is the Headford Road one - google maps link if you have a minute? Thanks!

on phone so not sure how to put in a map. the one on headford road is out past ballindolley just after the halting sites. it is one of the first commercial units on the right if you know the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any shops that are carrying Dairymilk Bubbly bars? Want to send some home for Christmas, they are a nice little stocking filler :) Have looked around and I can't seem to find them.

They look like this... (sorry couldnt upload image)

http://www.cadbury.ie/products/bubbly-milk-chocolate-2349?p=2349

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of any shops that are carrying Dairymilk Bubbly bars? Want to send some home for Christmas, they are a nice little stocking filler :) Have looked around and I can't seem to find them.

I think Flynnes in Lackagh have them; I'll check this evening.

• Advertisement

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    For the poster looking for headphones, or anyone else, as he's prob bought some by now, if you're not too much of an audiophile, I got an acceptable pair in the 2euro shop a while back, don't know if they still have them.

No, no, no you didn't.

dinneenp wrote: »
    I think Flynnes in Lackagh have them; I'll check this evening.

Good stuff, thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Good stuff, thanks a mill :)
    Dunnes Edward Square at the belted tills, the smaller ones anyway.

Dunnes Edward Square at the belted tills, the smaller ones anyway.

Brilliant! Will be stocking up tomorrow! Thanks :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'll be looking for a can of compressed air this week, any idea where one could pick one up handily enough?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'll be looking for a can of compressed air this week, any idea where one could pick one up handily enough?

Is this for PC stuff?

I picked up one in maplin but it was very expensive.

I am not sure but maybe Laptech in the city might be a bit cheaper.

Difficult to buy online too because of the compressed air being tough to ship.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Is this for PC stuff?

I picked up one in maplin but it was very expensive.

I am not sure but maybe Laptech in the city might be a bit cheaper.

Difficult to buy online too because of the compressed air being tough to ship.

Yeah that's what i'm finding too, very difficult to track the stuff down over here, no such issue in the UK though. Searching the web I found a couple of old boards threads saying tesco sold it so i'll check that out tomorrow, i've never noticed it there before though...baring that i'm hoping we've stocked up on the stuff in work, I wouldn't be pleased paying €20 for it in maplin or pcworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

dinneenp wrote: »
    No, no, no you didn't.

Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes I did.
    [edit] Did you not read the bit where I said "If you're not too much of an audiophile" ? I don't need the accoustics of a symphony hall when I put the phones on. They're grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

>
    Hadn't seen any of those around per se. I did notice that Maplin was selling air compressors pretty cheaply last time I was in there. Don't remember th eprices but I think it was pretty reasonable, might be a more economic way of accomplishing the same end though.
    Also LIDL recently had an offer on a compressor with an airbrush in the same box. Was a couple of weeks back so may be long gone. Could do with a working airbrush, but I think I missed the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I haven't seen them around for a while but ring Maplin and Curry's, one of them should have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Stevolende wrote: »
    >

Do you mean this stuff?

http://www.productionequipment.ie/201/Air-Duster.aspx

http://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/electrolube-400ml-air-duster-ead400d/p-122256pd.html

Both have shops in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I'm looking for a suture kit. Doesn't have to be surgical grade, as it's just for a med student friend to practice with.

I've already checked most of the pharmacies in the city, boots, and called a medical devices place in Terryland with no joy.

I know I can get them online but I'd like to support local businesses and get it now rather than in 2 weeks time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Have you tried the student union shop in NUIG? I know my friend got her dissection kit there, so sutures might be available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Looking for some Hendricks Gin...Cheapest preferably.

Any ideas? I think O' Briens do it for 37.40 but it comes in a gift set so was wondering if it's to be found anywhere cheaper

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I've seen it in O'Briens before without the gift set.
    Other than that I've no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Have you tried the student union shop in NUIG? I know my friend got her dissection kit there, so sutures might be available too.

Completely different unfortunately.

This is looking impossible to find. No where online seems to ship here. Maybe I should make friends in the hospital...

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Completely different unfortunately.

This is looking impossible to find. No where online seems to ship here. Maybe I should make friends in the hospital...

Lohan's Pharmacy on Prospect Hill are usually good for these type of medical supplies, if you have not tried them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/t_lkr_blue/overview/Loctite-Threadlocker-Blue-242.htm

Anyone know where i'd get Loctite Blue in Galway?

I know there's plenty of places I 'should' be able to get it (Halfords, various motorfactors, CAulfields etc.) but has anyone seen/gotten it somewhere specific? Don't wanna be driving around the whole town all next week

Cheers folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Anyone know where I can get something like this locally?

1001029_041500220208_A_400.jpg

It is for Thanksgiving so I've left it too late to ship it and tried the Candyland that has American products. For some I seem to recall being surprised to see it available elsewhere. But now that I actually need it, I can't remember where.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Amazon.co.uk

Hey guys,

Flynns in Lackagh have them. Saw them
    Today there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

newkie wrote: »
    For some I seem to recall being surprised to see it available elsewhere. But now that I actually need it, I can't remember where.

FYI re: the fried onion toppings above. I remembered. They're available at some of the Asian shops around. Picked up a big bag for €3 at Westside by the biscuits. I gather they're a common ingredient in Indian / Halal dishes. They're also nice mixed in with your burgers or as a topping on a casserole.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

I just saw a recipe I'd like to try on the Food Network. It used white truffle butter. Can you buy that anywhere in Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Ludikrus wrote: »
    I just saw a recipe I'd like to try on the Food Network. It used white truffle butter. Can you buy that anywhere in Galway?

I bought a jar in Olio & Farina, Abbeygate street last year
    That failing Carluccios in Dublin have it - you can order it from their online shop

• Advertisement

Anywhere in Galway that sells Crocs Mens shoes, not their slippers.
    Please refrain from posting comments on the aesthetic beauty of their products.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement