Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

ABC on Tuam road next to subway but probably Cregal Art on Monivea road is even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

berrecka wrote: »
    Im looking for somewhere I can get a blank mounted 16x20 (approx) canvas in Galway. Im sure theres an obvious place to get one, but Im finding it hard to get blank ones. Any suggestion?

I'm guessing here, but maybe Powells on Shop St?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Christmas tree smell air fresheners? these around anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bobbytables

Can anyone tell me where I can find UK to USA power socket adapters. I'm not looking for a transformer (step up/down), just socket adapters?

Basically I want to be able to plug in some stuff in the USA.

Cheaper the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

If memory serves, tesco headford road have a number of travel related items including plug adapters at the end of an aisle near the checkouts - they are likely to be cheapest there. Or the hardware section should have them too. ;)

• Advertisement

Thank you EvilEdna :)

You'd swear you knew I'd be passing it on the way home ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

You're most welcome sir! *tips hat*

Actually Pennys sometimes does travel items on a rotating stand also, and it's beside tesco, so you should try there too :)

No that's OK. I was in Pennys already this week. Once is enough for bobby ;)

Does anyone know where I can get Christmas chair covers? The novelty type, Santa hats perhaps? Need eight, but don't want to spend a fortune....thank you :)

aw wrote: »
    Rubber duckies...

The yellow ones that float in the bath.

Anyone know a place in Galway that sells them, cannot seem to find one?

I got some in Mothercare a while back in the Eyre Square centre. Also the €2 store in Mainguard Street might be a place to try.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Can anyone tell me where I can find UK to USA power socket adapters. I'm not looking for a transformer (step up/down), just socket adapters?
    Basically I want to be able to plug in some stuff in the USA.
    Cheaper the better.

€2 shops and their ilk have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

aw wrote: »
    Rubber duckies...

The yellow ones that float in the bath.

Anyone know a place in Galway that sells them, cannot seem to find one?

The Early Learning Centre in the Eyre Square Shopping Centre also have them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

jewelstar wrote: »
    A new belt buckle in Galway City. Nothing specific, just a run of the mill metal one.

Tried a couple of leather repair shops but they don't stock any buckles, they will stitch a new one onto the belt though so that's half the battle.

Hickeys drapery upstairs in the Eyre Sq shopping centre have buckles afaik.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Anyone gone someone who supplies and fits sliding doors?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

The thread inside my kitchen tap seems to have gone as it won't grip the fitting to turn on or off the cold tap. Anyone know where you could get a replacement or would you have to replace the whole tap itself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

s_carnage wrote: »
    The thread inside my kitchen tap seems to have gone as it won't grip the fitting to turn on or off the cold tap. Anyone know where you could get a replacement or would you have to replace the whole tap itself.

Recently had to do that job - make sure washer isn't gone first. Replacement tap sets in B&Q for about twenty yo yo..

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jewelstar

jkforde wrote: »
    Hickeys drapery upstairs in the Eyre Sq shopping centre have buckles afaik.

Excellent, I'll try there this evening. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

I'm looking for a christmas tree smell. either candles or a spray or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

fatguy2k1 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a christmas tree smell. either candles or a spray or something else.

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

It might be a but pricey but there are a good few Yankee candles with a Christmas/Christmas tree scent.

• Advertisement

Dunnes have a big selection but Yankee is almost certain to have it.
    http://www.yankee.ie/c.asp?id=341&cat=+Christmas+Candles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Cheap self service car wash?

Some of the Topaz places have it, Bohermore roundabout and Newcastle Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

Cans of Lucozade Sport anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,316 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Possibly the Pound Shop. They have cans of regular Lucozade anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'm collecting donations across the city in a few weeks and we're going to have a big Ford Transit type van. I was trying to think of how to use it so the donations aren't sliding all over the place.

We'll be transpoting approx 500 items of all shapes and sizes. I think we'll need something stackable to fit it all in.

Is there anywhere I can rent folding crates or boxes for cheap?

Perhaps speak to professional moving company about hiring some of their stuff?
    Or get a few rugs on the van floor will at least keep things from sliding too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

looking for battery operated light set. you know, to put on a christmas jumper. multi-coloured would be a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

looking for battery operated light set. you know, to put on a christmas jumper. multi-coloured would be a bonus.

Try Penneys. I picked up a set of white LED battery-operated lights on Thursday for €1.50. They had other sets with candy-canes and baubles and another set spelling out 'Merry Christmas' for €3.00. I'd say the bulbs/LEDs on these are white too, but the letters/baubles/canes are multi-coloured.

• Advertisement

Im looking a christmas jumper, the tackier the better. I was thinking Penny's or Dunnes. Anyone know of any other places? Not looking to spend big money

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement