Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

Christmas jumper shop opened up in the Eyre square shopping centre beside Champion Sports.
    Don't know how tacky or what the prices are like though.

Im looking a christmas jumper, the tackier the better. I was thinking Penny's or Dunnes. Anyone know of any other places? Not looking to spend big money

Penneys have lots of Christmas jumpers in Eyre Square. I paid only €14 for a red one with a snowman on it - for Christmas Eve pints, as you do :D. They had very few left in ladies, but loads in menswear. The really nice girl working there took the last snowman one out of the display on the window for me :)

Cheers folks, 2 options close together, handy

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Looking for a nice chess set, preferably with stone pieces, thought I'd look in wooden heart, any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

dafunk wrote: »
    Looking for a nice chess set, preferably with stone pieces, thought I'd look in wooden heart, any other suggestions?

Its magic in eyre square shopping center always have chess sets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

DaCor wrote: »
    Im looking a christmas jumper, the tackier the better. I was thinking Penny's or Dunnes. Anyone know of any other places? Not looking to spend big money

Tescos had some nice ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Does anyone know where to find thin sheets of acrylic? Like a hobby or crafts place?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring Cregal arts, at least I think they'd have that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Thanks, I know that it's magic have chess sets but I'm looking for something beautiful, nice hand crafted wooden or stone pieces, any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Upstairs in Wooden Heart is probably your best bet. Or you could try that fair-trade place down on Middle Street (?) - they used to have the odd one a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 thebionn

Anyone know the opening hours for Argos in Galway?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ArgosStoreLocatorDB?includeName=StoreLocator&langId=111&storeId=10152
    Tues08:30-19:00
    Wed08:30-21:00
    Thur08:30-21:00
    Fri08:30-21:00
    Sat08:30-19:00
    Sun10:00-18:00
    Mon08:30-21:00

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thebionn

Thanks doc. I was looking at their website but I couldn't find that! Doh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Is there a currywurst stall in galway anymore?

or can it be got anywhere else

i remember seeing one in the market but couldnt stop to check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

i'm looking to sell my old bike. anyone know of a bike shop that takes in 2nd hand bikes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

fatguy2k1 wrote: »
    i'm looking to sell my old bike. anyone know of a bike shop that takes in 2nd hand bikes?

westside cycles?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

fatguy2k1 wrote: »

Ar Do Rothar (On Yer Bike) on Prospect Hill might. They're across from the county buildings

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Garry's Cycles in Ballybrit do as well and I've found them very good to deal with. Kearney's do as well I think- haven't been in there in a while but they certainly did a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭fatguy2k1

Cheers everyone.

No the Christmas market only has hotdogs.

My only solution is the bratwurst in LIDL / ALDI with some spicey ketchup and the like :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Anybody know where to get HDMI cables cheap in Galway?

(€2 shops used to have them but none left)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

'Joachims Bratwurst' at the Sunday market at St Nicholas's, he does Bratwurst, Kasewurst, Krakauer and Currywurst if memory serves me.

'Joachims Bratwurst' at the Sunday market at St Nicholas's, he does Bratwurst, Kasewurst, Krakauer and Currywurst if memory serves me.

He's not there all the time and so far as I am aware the last time I was there there was no currywurst.

Man I love those german sausages.

He's not there all the time and so far as I am aware the last time I was there there was no currywurst.

Man I love those german sausages.
    Always there any Sunday i pass by, tends to leave early enough though i think, definitely had a sign saying Currywurst last time too, sure he could be asked to do it anyway and probably would.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Col200sx wrote: »

They have them for a reasonable price in the computer repair shop above Carbon. I'm not sure what price they were but they are cheaper then Maplin and Pc World

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

cheapest i got was xtra-vision...cheaper than tescos.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Been trying to find eggnog, no joy in places i thought might do it, any ideas?

Been trying to find eggnog, no joy in places i thought might do it, any ideas?
    Candyland have some sort of it although it couldnt be an alcoholoic version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Need to find one of these in Galway, any ideas?

http://valley-ent.com/catalog/images/MT200L-MHT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

I got one in Lidl. I think it was €4.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement