Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Anyone seen these anywhere :

bahlsen-zimtsterne-cinnamon-flavoured-77662.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Need to find one of these in Galway, any ideas?

http://valley-ent.com/catalog/images/MT200L-MHT.jpg

Maplin, bought mine a few years back but think they still stock them..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Where would I find a cheap digital watch, need for running , must have a stopwatch on it, not looking for a garmin polar or anything over 20 quid !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

brutes1 wrote: »
    Where would I find a cheap digital watch, need for running , must have a stopwatch on it, not looking for a garmin polar or anything over 20 quid !

Try the stall outside supermacs in eyre square, usually has quite a few watches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Candyland have some sort of it although it couldnt be an alcoholoic version.

It's rarely ever bought with alcohol in it, people just add their own rum.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

brutes1 wrote: »

Argos, you can get a cheap casio for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

Anyone know where I could get a bath pillow?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

Hi, we just accidentally broke the glass door of a display cabinet :( - one that we bought at Argos a few years ago, pretty similar to that one except for the color - and, though I'll try contacting Argos to see if it's possible to buy a spare door ('doubt it), I was wondering if any of you knew if it was possible to source such a replacement locally - without being more expensive than the full cabinet itself??
    Door was about 4mm thick tempered glass, with 3 holes on one side for the hinges, and 1 on the opposite side for the handle...

--- OK, just read wiki on Tempered glass, and my question seems definitely silly: "Toughened glass must be cut to size or pressed to shape before toughening and cannot be re-worked once toughened. (...)". Damn...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

deltakilo wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get a bath pillow?

The OH got one in Boots in Shop St I believe..,

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

deliege wrote: »
    Hi, we just accidentally broke the glass door of a display cabinet :( - one that we bought at Argos a few years ago, pretty similar to that one except for the color - and, though I'll try contacting Argos to see if it's possible to buy a spare door ('doubt it), I was wondering if any of you knew if it was possible to source such a replacement locally - without being more expensive than the full cabinet itself??
    Door was about 4mm thick tempered glass, with 3 holes on one side for the hinges, and 1 on the opposite side for the handle...

--- OK, just read wiki on Tempered glass, and my question seems definitely silly: "Toughened glass must be cut to size or pressed to shape before toughening and cannot be re-worked once toughened. (...)". Damn...

Give Greaney Glass in Carnmore a call. They might be able to help. I couldn't even hazard a guess at the cost and I too would be doubtful if you could get a spare door from Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Anyone know where I can get a convex safety mirror for increasing visibility for motorists coming out of entrances with bad road visibility.

A guy in Halfords today told me to try Anchor Safety in Ballybrit. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, but in case they can't help, any other suggestions from you guys would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Anyone know where I can get a convex safety mirror for increasing visibility for motorists coming out of entrances with bad road visibility.

A guy in Halfords today told me to try Anchor Safety in Ballybrit. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, but in case they can't help, any other suggestions from you guys would be appreciated.

I came across a thread here recently for the same thing. I'll see if I can find it

Edit: There were a few threads when I did a search. Here's one. Others recommended Radionics (online) & Halfords (obviously not a runner). Safety Direct might also be an option.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74417935

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I'm making chocolates for people for xmas. Where would i find some nice little boxes to put them in? Just cardboard ones and nothing too expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Merry Christmas,
    Anyone know where I can buy whole hazelnuts in Galway. Thanks

juicet3rry wrote: »

I came across a thread here recently for the same thing. I'll see if I can find it

Edit: There were a few threads when I did a search. Here's one. Others recommended Radionics (online) & Halfords (obviously not a runner). Safety Direct might also be an option.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=74417935

Spot on. Caulfield's in Oranmore apparently have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

dilallio wrote: »
    Merry Christmas,
    The health food section of any supermarket or a health food shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

dilallio wrote: »
    Merry Christmas,

Aldi have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Any ideas on where to buy mistletoe in Galway guys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Anyone know where I can get egg rings?

I've seen silicone ones online and a shop up in dublin. But anywhere in galway? I've tried Ryan's a couple of weeks ago and they weren't in there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm looking for a hug for Christmas. :(

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    I'm looking for a hug for Christmas. :(

Ya know what, me too. Where and when??

Ya know what, me too. Where and when??

Got room for one more? Boards.ie group hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭hippygran

My 4 year old grandson wants a train for xmas...the type you see in santas sack in all the pictures..but I can't find one anywhere. There are countless tractors, fire engines, cars etc but it seems trains are out of fashion, unless its Thomas the tank engine. Can anyone help, please?

hippygran wrote: »
    My 4 year old grandson wants a train for xmas...the type you see in santas sack in all the pictures..but I can't find one anywhere. There are countless tractors, fire engines, cars etc but it seems trains are out of fashion, unless its Thomas the tank engine. Can anyone help, please?

I want to say that 'Wooden Hearts' on Quay always had hand made wooden toy trains, but I'm not even sure if the place is still open...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

dafunk wrote: »
    I'm making chocolates for people for xmas. Where would i find some nice little boxes to put them in? Just cardboard ones and nothing too expensive?

Downstairs in eyre square shopping centre. Kinda €2 shoppee.....red and yellow on the front. Across from mothercare. We got some in there. Small enough so your not killed making chocs but your not being mean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I want to say that 'Wooden Hearts' on Quay always had hand made wooden toy trains, but I'm not even sure if the place is still open...

It's still open and I'm sure they still have them. Won't be cheap though.

I've seen silicone ones online and a shop up in dublin. But anywhere in galway? I've tried Ryan's a couple of weeks ago and they weren't in there.
    Debenhams or TK Max sometimes have them.

Debenhams or TK Max sometimes have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

hippygran wrote: »

if your talking about wooden one's with a wooden track im nearly sure there in early learning in eyre square shopping centre, if that fails you ask in smyths

• Advertisement

Looking for a decent oven thermometer. Anyone know where I can pick one up?
    Cheers. Dilallio

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement