Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

gozunda wrote: »
    The OH got one in Boots in Shop St I believe..,

Thanks, picked one up today.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

hippygran wrote: »
    My 4 year old grandson wants a train for xmas...the type you see in santas sack in all the pictures..but I can't find one anywhere. There are countless tractors, fire engines, cars etc but it seems trains are out of fashion, unless its Thomas the tank engine. Can anyone help, please?

If you're looking for the old fashion wooden ones then Lidl have them for €29.99- link

We got a set in Argos that comes with a table- this one

Argos have a selection of a few

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Looking for two things today and haven't got a clue where to find them
    - a luggage scales and a santa-style dress. Any ideas folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

The scales they have in the travel shop downstairs, or at least had years ago when I got one.
    Santa suits, joke shop maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

biko wrote: »
    The scales they have in the travel shop downstairs, or at least had years ago when I got one.
    Santa suits, joke shop maybe?
    Thanks Biko. Is that travel shop downstairs in Eyre Square centre?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Looking for two things today and haven't got a clue where to find them
    - a luggage scales and a santa-style dress. Any ideas folks?

Mr Price have luggage scales for €2.99. They're beside Aldi just across from Westside shopping centre. Not sure if they have a store in Terryland also.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

Dunnes also sell luggage scales

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Anyone know of anyplace that isnt sold out of Love/Hate boxsets yet? have tried xtravision but no luck. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Anyone know of anyplace that isnt sold out of Love/Hate boxsets yet? have tried xtravision but no luck. Thanks in advance

http://shop.rte.ie/Product/Love-Hate-Series-1-2-andamp-3-Box-Set-5-DVDs/2447/2217

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

swiftman wrote: »

Thanks but was hoping to have it in time for xmas & im under the understanding that they wont be delivering until the new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Thanks but was hoping to have it in time for xmas & im under the understanding that they wont be delivering until the new year

Have you tried Zhivago Records (if its still called that) on Shop Street. I am sure I saw a sign saying that they had them earlier today

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Anyone know of places that sell bathroom mirrors? Have tried B&Q but am looking for one with a dark frame

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Boned and rolled turkey.

Will most supermarkets have these? Christmas dinner this year is going to be small so just want to be able to lob it into the oven

Anyone know of places that sell bathroom mirrors? Have tried B&Q but am looking for one with a dark frame

There's a glass/mirror shop underneath the Galway City Gym on the Tuam Rd. The shop faces out onto the road

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Boned and rolled turkey.

Will most supermarkets have these? Christmas dinner this year is going to be small so just want to be able to lob it into the oven

They will, but so will Divillys in Westside. I'd go there if you want to be guaranteed that it's going to be good.

churchview wrote: »
    They will, but so will Divillys in Westside. I'd go there if you want to be guaranteed that it's going to be good.

Yeah think i'll just splash out the little extra and go there, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I got mine in Eason's on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mr. McGreg

Anyone know where I could get a leather guitar strap embroidered in Galway City? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

im also looking for the love/hate boxset, easons only have the third season left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Try Tesco and Dunnes. Any music shop should have stocked them too

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Boned and rolled turkey.

Aldi has them. Selling like hot cakes. Think they have frozen and fresh and some have the rasher on top

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

The shop that was Zhivagos in the Galway shopping centre had them yesterday I think.(the love/hate boxset)

Mr. McGreg wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get a leather guitar strap embroidered in Galway City? Thanks

Try the instrument shop on shop street?

Alternatively a cobbler should be able to sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Mr. McGreg wrote: »

I know that the cobbler on Abbeygate Lower between Shop and Middle St has the equipment to sew leather. Just yesterday I was inquiring about repairing my wife's favourite handbag. Might be worth a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Maybe too late at this stage, but is there anywhere you can pick up a really tacky Christmas jumper in Galway?

Search this thread for "jumper", it has a few suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

There's specific Christmas Jumper shop downstairs in the Eyre Square shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

hippygran wrote: »
    My 4 year old grandson wants a train for xmas...the type you see in santas sack in all the pictures..but I can't find one anywhere. There are countless tractors, fire engines, cars etc but it seems trains are out of fashion, unless its Thomas the tank engine. Can anyone help, please?

Would this be what your talking about? There is one available in Argos... down from 167 Euros... now only 59.99

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=330554

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Where would I buy a breathalyser in Galway? (Plenty online but needed b4 Xmas)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement