Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

buzz11 wrote: »
    Where would I buy a breathalyser in Galway? (Plenty online but needed b4 Xmas)

I know we are past xmas, but be careful where you buy a a breathalyser from. The cheaper models will not produce the same accuracy as the gardai issue ones, therefore its wasted money. You would be looking at 100 euro + (from what I remember), if you wanted an accurate one.

Im looking for an e-cigarette in Galway, Anyone know who are selling them?

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

I'm looking for windolene cream, the stuff in a purple bottle not the spray stuff. Anyone seen it in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Krieg wrote: »
    Im looking for an e-cigarette in Galway, Anyone know who are selling them?
    I'm fairly sure I saw them in GnL/Centra in Newcastle a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I'm looking for windolene cream, the stuff in a purple bottle not the spray stuff. Anyone seen it in Galway?

If you're using it for cleaning glass/mirrors, you're better off with just cheap vinegar and scrunched up newspapers (thank you Advertiser!). Better and cheaper than products.

Ficheall wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I saw them in GnL/Centra in Newcastle a while back.

I /think/ the spar next to the €2 shop does them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I /think/ the spar next to the €2 shop does them.

Hollands defo do. But you'd be better off buying the dearer ones with cartridges in OMG if you really love smoking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could buy tickets for a raffle?
    I need them for a fundraiser in a few weeks time,

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Google suggests Jaycee but stationary shops like Easons should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

I think Dunnes sell them too. Pretty sure I saw them in the aisle with the dvd's, pens etc in Briarhill last week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Any Stationary shop would have them the small one next to Debenhams does if the top of my head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I bought some raffle tickets in Mr Price just before Christmas. Dunnes, Joyces, easons and others have them, too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I'm looking for some beef bones, neck and marrow preferably..apparently not any butchers do much butchering anymore..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

joyces knocknacarra do i think... at least they have a few of the more obscure parts of meat on sale sometimes which i'm sure you would only have from butchering.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

I need to get some welding glass today, does anyone know any place that definetly has it in stock?

Double edge razor blades? I usually buy from shaving.ie but since this will only be a small order, the postage makes it not worth it. :-/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Double edge razor blades? I usually buy from shaving.ie but since this will only be a small order, the postage makes it not worth it. :-/

I don't know where to get them in galway but I'll need to be ordering some soon and will be using shaving.ie, if you're not in a made rush I can throw them in with my order and we can just split the postage costs?

Sounds fair. Will PM shortly.

Have a look in the Facial Hair forum too, yes there is one :) They might have a list of retailers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Tesco has em. Boots may too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I have a Samsung 40 inch LCD screen. It got abang and arge crack with coloured lines when its on off it appears fine. Might be called spider crack? Will attach image in morning.
    O connkest said they might be able to fix it ut cant give rough price and its €30 to inspect it

Anyone know anywhere else that might be able to fix it?
    Cheers
    Pa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

ouch! dunno if that would be worth fixing? (price wise)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

dan hibiki wrote: »
    ouch! dunno if that would be worth fixing? (price wise)

That's what I'm trying to figure out. TV cost about €400 through Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

As Dan said, I think it could be costly.
    First port of call would have been to O'Connors but another option might be the electronics repair shop above Great Outdoors (ish) on Eglinton St. I'm not sure if they repair tv's but I think they operate a "no fix, no fee" type arrangement.

Good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

i'm heading to japan on hols later in year;any one know of japanese lessons running in town/

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

Electronic partner is the place in Eglinton street. The no fix no fee only applies if they can't fix it, If they quote you a higher price to fix then you think is worth you pay there diagnosis fee. I'm not sure if they do tellys though

lazorgirl wrote: »
    i'm heading to japan on hols later in year;any one know of japanese lessons running in town/
    www.galwaylanguage.com/foreign.asp
    JAPANESE
    Beginner 1 (no previous study)
    Monday 7.00 -9.00pm
    21 January

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Anyone seen the boardgame Pictionary in Galway lately. Its out of stock in Argos, couldnt find it in Smyths either. Need to get it before Thur.
    Thanks in advance,
    James

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is it not a fairly simple board game to make up yourself?
    Some paper or a whiteboard, some pens, and an imagination/list stolen from the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is it not a fairly simple board game to make up yourself?
    Some paper or a whiteboard, some pens, and an imagination/list stolen from the internet?
    you might get it in tesco.

although if you can't get it, or don't want to make it, try cranium, has pictionary, charades, and a few other types of games in it. its great fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

jamesdiver wrote: »
    Anyone seen the boardgame Pictionary in Galway lately. Its out of stock in Argos, couldnt find it in Smyths either. Need to get it before Thur.
    Thanks in advance,
    James

assuming its for a present and you can't make it yourself, cranium is an unreal substitute. in fact i would say a better substitute.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement