Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

gufc21 wrote: »
    assuming its for a present and you can't make it yourself, cranium is an unreal substitute. in fact i would say a better substitute.

thanks for all the suggestions. we have cranium, but need pictionary specifically. its a present so wont be making a diy version (but very good idea all the same).

on a difference note, @gufc21, is that galway united? i posted on adverts or somewhere that ive a pile of old match programmes from the mid 90s to give away. know anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

jamesdiver wrote: »
    thanks for all the suggestions. we have cranium, but need pictionary specifically. its a present so wont be making a diy version (but very good idea all the same).

on a difference note, @gufc21, is that galway united? i posted on adverts or somewhere that ive a pile of old match programmes from the mid 90s to give away. know anyone interested?

ya james, if you could pm me the number and maybe an edition or two i'll put it up on the gust forum. alternatively you could check it out and post. whichever suits yourself.

http://galwayunitedfc.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

Anyone know where I could find Washing Soda Crystals in Galway? I tried Dunnes (didn't *really* expect them to be there) and B&Q but no joy? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

I got them in a hardware in claregalway if your going out that far. I can have a look if you want and pick some up

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭swine

Fantastic! I actually work in Claregalway, but thanks for the offer! Whereabouts is the hardware shop? I can only think of that part of Hughes's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

Flynns of lackagh! Try the shop first I think I seen them in there too. If I'm in there tomorrow I'll have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Anybody know where I'd pick up Sam Adams Boston Lager in Galway (off-licence)?

I know The Cottage and Oslo sell it on draught, but would like to get some for home :)

Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Tesco, dunnes, obriens have all stocked it..whether it's in stock right now I can't say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Col200sx wrote: »
    Anybody know where I'd pick up Sam Adams Boston Lager in Galway (off-licence)?

I know The Cottage and Oslo sell it on draught, but would like to get some for home :)

Thanks
    McCambridges and Fine Wines down at Raven Terrace have had it.

Tesco, dunnes, obriens have all stocked it..whether it's in stock right now I can't say for sure.
    McCambridges and Fine Wines down at Raven Terrace have had it.

Cheers folks. Checked a couple of places and no luck.

I'll try them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Dunnes haven't stocked it for a year or two, at least not knocknacarra, Tesco definitely have it though.

Dunnes haven't stocked it for a year or two, at least not knocknacarra, Tesco definitely have it though.

Ya I'd been in Dunnes in Knocknacarra and it wasn't there, and there wasn't even barcodes/prices of it on the shelves so I knew it was gone.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Can't say I frequent that particular dunnes, but I did see it in terryland not a million years ago :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

Col200sx wrote: »
    Cheers folks. Checked a couple of places and no luck.

I'll try them :)

Obriens offie has them, spotted them this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

A friend wants a waterproofing solution for an iPad2. Anybody know of a cheap product that comes in a ziploc bag, like the the ones used for McCambridge's bread, but bigger, and preferably heavier duty plastic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    A friend wants a waterproofing solution for an iPad2. Anybody know of a cheap product that comes in a ziploc bag, like the the ones used for McCambridge's bread, but bigger, and preferably heavier duty plastic ?

You could try HM... oh crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I got an oven cleaning solution in Aldi a few weeks ago that came with a big ziploc bag that you put the shelves/trays into to clean them. Grand big heavy duty bags. Cost €4 for the kit. Could be a bit big for an iPad, but might do the job??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You could try HM... oh crap.

HM ?

guessing u might have meant HMV, but don't know what they'd have in ziplocs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looking for a passport photo booth in town? There used to be one in Eyre Sq shopping centre, beside Specsavers. Anyone know of anywhere else?

I want a booth as opposed to going into a chemist as I want to make sure it's done the way I want it (the booths give you 3 chances)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

-edit-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Looking for a passport photo booth in town? There used to be one in Eyre Sq shopping centre, beside Specsavers. Anyone know of anywhere else?

I want a booth as opposed to going into a chemist as I want to make sure it's done the way I want it (the booths give you 3 chances)

Boots will re-take the photo if you don't like it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There are one or two in the Tesco Headford Road shopping centre. Also used to be one as you leave the side of M+S off the Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 onzie

I'm looking for an aerial map of Galway city. As a last resort I will get one of the OS street maps but for preference I'd love to get something like a photographic print or a poster. I've searched through google but have come up with naught. Would anyone have any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Will something like this do?
    It's online though, not a poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 onzie

Thanks Biko - pretty much that or a google earth version but in physical form.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

Does anyone know where could I go to buy traffic cones?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Bosupe wrote: »
    Does anyone know where could I go to buy traffic cones?

The usual builders suppliers should have them. Try Production Equipment, Caulfields and McDonagh's. Production and Caulfields have websites. Not sure about McDonaghs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

HM ?

guessing u might have meant HMV, but don't know what they'd have in ziplocs

That wooshing noise you now hear is because HMV closed. They had iPad cases.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Cinnamon spice.
    Cheapest I see is Tesco 40g for €1.19 (€30/kg)
    Maybe some of the ethnic shops do it or somewhere online?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement