Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Bosupe

snubbleste wrote: »
    Cinnamon spice.
    Cheapest I see is Tesco 40g for €1.19 (€30/kg)
    Maybe some of the ethnic shops do it or somewhere online?

Ground cinnamon (35g) is 57 cents in Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

snubbleste wrote: »
    Cinnamon spice.
    Cheapest I see is Tesco 40g for €1.19 (€30/kg)
    Maybe some of the ethnic shops do it or somewhere online?
    its a while since i bought it so cant remember the exact price but was defiantly cheaper in the indian shop beside the post office in westside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

its a while since i bought it so cant remember the exact price but was defiantly cheaper in the indian shop beside the post office in westside
    Or the one in Terryland Stores. If you use any spice regularly enough to make bulk buying worthwhile you can save a fortune. A 500g bag of cumin in the Indian store costs about the same as 3x28g jars in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Anyone know where would be the best place to buy DVDs & box sets now that HMV is closed.
    Cant think of anywhere that would have a great selection.
    Namely looking for Dexter Season 4 (damn you UPC on demand for getting me addicted!!)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Anyone know where would be the best place to buy DVDs & box sets now that HMV is closed.
    Cant think of anywhere that would have a great selection.
    Namely looking for Dexter Season 4 (damn you UPC on demand for getting me addicted!!)

Thanks

Tesco or Xtravision.

• Advertisement

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Tesco or Xtravision.

Thanks, thought the same but they hardly have anything if you're looking for something specific that isn't a brand new release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Thanks, thought the same but they hardly have anything if you're looking for something specific that isn't a brand new release.

Theres not much choices left, have you tried OMG in the Tesco Shopping Centre or Shop St?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

You could just download it.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Theres not much choices left, have you tried OMG in the Tesco Shopping Centre or Shop St?
    Didn't think of that place actually, worth a look is suppose, cheers!

You could just download it.

Could I suppose but never really do that, always end up with shoddy quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Didn't think of that place actually, worth a look is suppose, cheers!

Could I suppose but never really do that, always end up with shoddy quality.
    Rare i get bad quality series if im using trusted sites with many peers, make sure its xvid or divx too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Is there any good shop that sells pots and pans?

I'm looking to buy a steamer pot at a reasonable price. I know ryans homestore might have them but they can be expensive.
    Argos has a steamer pot which looks good but since im walking and dont have a car and carrying bags all day, I would prefer to see them in a shop and check out the size and weight of them.
    I'll probably check tk maxx but is there anywhere else after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Was going to suggest TK Max alright. Don't forget Debenhams has a good website and an impressive range orderable online. You can also check Amazon.co.uk and Littlewoods as a couple other online options. I often just like to know what the prices are online before shopping in town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is there any good shop that sells pots and pans? I'm looking to buy a steamer pot at a reasonable price. I know ryans homestore might have them but they can be expensive.
    Argos has a steamer pot which looks good but since im walking and dont have a car and carrying bags all day, I would prefer to see them in a shop and check out the size and weight of them.
    I'll probably check tk maxx but is there anywhere else after that?

Wait till they come on offer in Lidl/Aldi
    They both has steamer pots last summer and vegetable steamers last February. The same offers tend to come around every year
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:rdkvI5JtMrgJ:www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_20565.htm+aldi+steamer+pot&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, if you're in no hurry check the Lidl/Aldi websites occasionally. Pretty ok kitchen stuff there for cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 StarAspire369

Looking for someone to cuddle with.

I'm a student in NUIG, early 20's. I'm easy going and LOVE to laugh. This isn't going to be really emotional and deep.

Basically what I'm looking for is just someone I can cuddle with (I believe some people call it spooning, although NOT in a sexual way).

I'm not looking to get into a relationship. I want to cuddle with someone and just relax. Let go for a while and enjoy someone else's company in an intimate way.

Anyone interested? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Looking for someone to cuddle with.

I'm a student in NUIG, early 20's. I'm easy going and LOVE to laugh. This isn't going to be really emotional and deep.

Basically what I'm looking for is just someone I can cuddle with (I believe some people call it spooning, although NOT in a sexual way).

I'm not looking to get into a relationship. I want to cuddle with someone and just relax. Let go for a while and enjoy someone else's company in an intimate way.

Anyone interested? :)

presume you're joking!?
    If not IMPOSSIBLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 StarAspire369

dinneenp wrote: »
    presume you're joking!?
    If not IMPOSSIBLE.

...*Sigh*... Well that sucks.

And no, I'm not joking. Hahaha I just know what I want. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

...*Sigh*... Well that sucks.

And no, I'm not joking. Hahaha I just know what I want. :D

Then why not just get a friend who is a girl?
    She'll give you everything you want.

This thread isn't for intimate postings. It's about getting help to find products.
    Let's leave discussion on more intimate relationships for another forum

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

Need to get some passport size photographs taken of myself, anyone know of any place I can this done without having to go to a photographers. Thanks in advance

There are booths but Whelans pharmacy, Boots and Fahys all do quick photos.

leonidas83 wrote: »
    Need to get some passport size photographs taken of myself, anyone know of any place I can this done without having to go to a photographers. Thanks in advance

On bottom floor of Eyre Sq shopping centre, beside the entrance to Dunnes Stores is a booth. €6 for 4 photos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭Clarebelly

Hello folks.
    I am looking to source some milk kefir grains in Galway city and surrounds.
    Anyone know of anyone with some to donate/sell.

Can anyone recommend a decent Fruit & Veg shop in the city?

Need to make a LOT of soup (about 200 portions) so need plenty of:
    Spuds
    Leeks
    Celery
    Onion
    Carrots

Just want to be able to go to one particular shop and get it all. I could prob get the whole lot in Aldi but would a F&V shop be cheaper?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

the fruit and veg shop beside the entrance to the 24hour tesco is always good i think, quality stuff all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

terryland fruit and veg always competitive prices and good quality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

@ JohnCleary; you could get a deal from Paddy in the market on a Saturday. They have a van delivering to the restauraunts in town everyday. PM me for their number if you want; you can at least get a price from them.

@ HardLuckWoman; Argos for the pots and pans? The quality of the stuff in Ryans is very good, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jewelstar

Anyone any idea where I can find an internet cafe to print off a document? Tried that NetAccess place beside the Malt House but that has obviously closed down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Square Eyes on Forster Street or the place across from the AIB on Eyre Square.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement