Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

*I'm looking for old/broken motherboards and ram or anything that looks similar to them electronically for a project I am doing*

Making a computer desk and I want to attach a load of electronics to the underside of a glass table so doesnt have to be working, just look like tech and be relatively flat.

Any ideas where id get a load of these? need roughly 12 motherboards in relation to desk size. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'd probably get some at the recycling centre in Lisboan. If they will let you have them is another story..
    Maybe a "wanted" ad on adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

-Vega- wrote: »
    *I'm looking for old/broken motherboards and ram or anything that looks similar to them electronically for a project I am doing*

Making a computer desk and I want to attach a load of electronics to the underside of a glass table so doesnt have to be working, just look like tech and be relatively flat.

Any ideas where id get a load of these? need roughly 12 motherboards in relation to desk size. Thanks!

You could try Lapteck (11 Eyre St).
    Or maybe NUI Galway's Computer Services Department?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

-Vega- wrote: »

Try some of the repair shops, electronic partner, lapteck etc, they may be glad of someone taking some bits off their hands maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Ficheall

You could try the 091Labs.

• Advertisement

appreciate all the replies thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 VideoKid

Hi,

My mum is having serious back trouble lately and has been using Tiger balm. Her friend gave it to her a few years ago but doesn't know where she got it. The doctor has told her that it's the best thing to use but forgot to ask him where she could find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Boots have it

There's a stall in the market on Sat's that sells it. Same stall that sell incense etc

Also, maybe try some of the health food shops or chemists maybe

Other than that I can't help, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Evergreen health shop have it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

The €2 Shops usually have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Looking for usb audio jacks in Galway city.

41I5Qh20%2BvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Would rather be able to pick them up as I'm in a bit of a rush to fix something. Mate of mine who works in Maplin said they don't have them but I'm probably gonna check anyways.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

anyone know where you can buy Tiger Horse balm (no taking the pis*)?

Sorry, meant to be horse, not tiger...

dinneenp wrote: »
    anyone know where you can buy Tiger balm (no taking the pis*)?

read the last 4 replies above yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Does anyone know where I can find a 3.5mm headphone to 3.5mm headphone lead in Galway (that isn't Maplin)?

Looks like this but want something longer, the cable on my beats is pretty much on it's last legs.

cable_35mm-35mm-stereo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can find a 3.5mm headphone to 3.5mm headphone lead in Galway (that isn't Maplin)?

Looks like this but want something longer, the cable on my beats is pretty much on it's last legs.

If you can at all order online, it'll be much cheaper and you'll find a more suitable cable.

If you can't order online then try currys/pc world, cunniffs, music (instrument) shops, tesco (the toy/clothes/electrics shop) you could try OMG@Zhivago as well, conboy electrical might stock such a cable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭liamhana

Anyone have any ideas of an electrical repair place that might be able to fix a Kenwood mixer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I am looking for a media company who will provide all-in-one...
    Website
    Business Cards
    Media Advertising

I can obviously do all of these myself, but have to go down the '3 quote' route yada yada.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

liamhana wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas of an electrical repair place that might be able to fix a Kenwood mixer?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75931148

• Advertisement

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I am looking for a media company who will provide all-in-one...
    Website
    Business Cards
    Media Advertising

I can obviously do all of these myself, but have to go down the '3 quote' route yada yada.....
    Try the Entrepreneurial forum. I suppose you want to shop locally but they should know companies all over that can do all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭SaucySue

Any ideas where could get one off helium balloon printed in Galway? Googled and found company who do parties but prices were for 20 balloons and upwards so no good. Just want one saying congratulations "name" but dont know if its even available or cost efficient for anywhere to do that.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They do helium balloons in Happy Days near Tesco. Don't know if they print them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They do helium balloons in Happy Days near Tesco. Don't know if they print them though.

I need about 10 feet of 8mm tubing, will check B agus Q, Woodies, McDonogh's and even aquarium shops lol tomorrow but maybe someone knows?

Plastic_Clear_Pipe.jpg_220x220.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Biko,

SMC sell that type of tubing. Maybe if you give them a quick call they might be able to point you towards a local supplier

http://www.smcpneumatics.ie/pages/products.php?itemId=31

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

biko wrote: »
    I need about 10 feet of 8mm tubing, will check B agus Q, Woodies, McDonogh's and even aquarium shops lol tomorrow but maybe someone knows?

Plastic_Clear_Pipe.jpg_220x220.jpg

a place selling wine and beer home kits would have this type of tubing for siphoning, worth trying if there's any in town (can't think of any off the top of me head though :confused: )

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

so, being the dumbass that i am, i forgot about the shops not selling alcohol today! is there anywhere around town that i can get my hands on a bottle of wine for this evening?

Got tubing in Woodies,they had 8mm so all good thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Anyone know a good phone repair shop in the city? Have a couple of small problems with my phone that I'd like to get fixed quickly/cheaply. I know if I take it to a vodafone shop they'll just want to send it away for 2 weeks and its out of warranty so they'll probably charge more than the phones worth, they're both just niggling problems I can live with so I'd rather leave it with a repair shop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement