Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

If it's hardware try Electronic Partner on Eglinton street.
    Software issue can probably be fixed in Mobiles forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

+1 for Eglinton St (above Carbon). They will give you a quote when you bring it in and won't pressure you. I think they won't charge you if they can't fix it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Thanks Ill give that a shot on Tuesday, the back button is unresponsive and the camera stopped working so both are hardware faults as far as I can tell

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Are Electronic Partners good for screen replacement. My S3 has a cracked screen that needs replacing and I am looking for someone authorized to do it and replace it with the same screen type.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Combat-style trousers. Everywhere I've looked seems to just have jeans/chinos/office-suit-style. Got some before in the Army/Navy shop before but was unimpressed with the stitching quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Combat-style trousers. Everywhere I've looked seems to just have jeans/chinos/office-suit-style. Got some before in the Army/Navy shop before but was unimpressed with the stitching quality.

the same as army navy store can sometimes be got in pennies very cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Are Electronic Partners good for screen replacement. My S3 has a cracked screen that needs replacing and I am looking for someone authorized to do it and replace it with the same screen type.

I think for someone authorised to fix it you will have to send it back through wherever you bought it. I had electronic partners fix an iphone before and they were a good price and quick service. No complaints about the work done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

-Vega- wrote: »
    *I'm looking for old/broken motherboards and ram or anything that looks similar to them electronically for a project I am doing*

Making a computer desk and I want to attach a load of electronics to the underside of a glass table so doesnt have to be working, just look like tech and be relatively flat.

Any ideas where id get a load of these? need roughly 12 motherboards in relation to desk size. Thanks!

Please PM me a picture of the finished table.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

+1 for Eglinton St (above Carbon). They will give you a quote when you bring it in and won't pressure you. I think they won't charge you if they can't fix it as well.
    Didnt really like them when i used them last year, slow and unresponsive to questions on how long problem would take to fix, used Tech Star on the Docks last week and thought they were very good, very professional and very fast.

I went to the one on the docks a few weeks ago to try to get something sorted with an old phone. They said they couldn't do it but told me to try Fonez who gave me the exact same quote and time as I had gotten from EP earlier.
    May be a conspiracy theory on my part but I think some of the other shops are going through EP. Did a tour of various places another time looking for a charger in an emergency and they all suggested EP as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 kilopret

I'm looking for a couple of girls to join a tag rugby team. If your interested PM me.
    First match is next week, beginners welcomed!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

With the demise of hmv i'm now stumped as to where to find good quality headphones.. Looked in omg the other day but wasn't very impressed, what the alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

With the demise of hmv i'm now stumped as to where to find good quality headphones.. Looked in omg the other day but wasn't very impressed, what the alternative?

Online. Cheaper too. THomann.de or amazon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Will have to get my head around this here new fangled world wide web shopping the young folk are on about so....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Will have to get my head around this here new fangled world wide web shopping the young folk are on about so....
    Watch out for the spiders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Or try Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Maplin have a decent selection, can view it on their website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Maplin have a decent selection, can view it on their website.

While Maplin can have some reasonably priced stuff the markup the put on some things is outrageous.
    They wanted €45 for a DVI/HDMI adapter which is a €2-€5 value at best. (gold plated don't you know :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

CrinkElite wrote: »
    While Maplin can have some reasonably priced stuff the markup the put on some things is outrageous.
    They wanted €45 for a DVI/HDMI adapter which is a €2-€5 value at best. (gold plated don't you know :rolleyes:)

:eek: you can get them in the euro shop, won't be going near Maplin anytime soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

fifi234ie wrote: »
    :eek: you can get them in the euro shop, won't be going near Maplin anytime soon.

In fairness that was a few years ago now and I got a soldering Iron and a multimeter out of there since for a reasonable price.

You'd just want to be careful with them.

• Advertisement

On the very off chance: Does anybody know who had the stall in the Woodquay market almost directly across from Abbey Lane? Think it was four or five up from the start.
    The had a few different things but some homemade bread is what I am interested in. I only bought a currant loaf there as I only had half an hour to do the whole market and forgot to get their name but would love to try some of their other stuff if I can find out who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭boogaloop

I'm looking for a large (A3 or bigger) sized wall calendar/planner for 2013 - anyone know where I might pick one up in town?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

looking for cheap martini glasses. where would I find them?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Need a new passport and need to get photos. Is there a booth in terryland? Or anywhere near?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Dunne Stores Terryland. Just inside the doors

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Any decent pharmacy will do it for you, and you get to check the photos before they print them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Need a tap and die done in Knocknacarra.

Anybody know someone who can do one?

Suspension bolt damaged on top couple of threads, as is first couple of threads on chassis where bolt goes through.

So can anybody here do it for me, or can they recommend someone?

Cheers smile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

fend wrote: »
    Need a new passport and need to get photos. Is there a booth in terryland? Or anywhere near?

A lot of pharmacies & camera shops will do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Forget a booth, if you want passport photos. Far to hard for your to get yourself into the right size / hair arrangement / not smiling etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are booths but Whelans pharmacy, Boots and Fahys all do quick photos
    On bottom floor of Eyre Sq shopping centre, beside the entrance to Dunnes Stores is a booth. €6 for 4 photos

Fend, your question has already been answered in this thread so I'm merging your thread with the main Looking thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement