Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 squamata

I have a Epson Stylus Photo PX720WD that is not printing all the colors. I've tried cleaning cartridges already and they didn't work.
    Any idea where I can get it fixed at a price lower than buying a new one?

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

boogaloop wrote: »
    I'm looking for a large (A3 or bigger) sized wall calendar/planner for 2013 - anyone know where I might pick one up in town?

Thanks
    I would try any of the printer/shop places. They would be making these up each year for local companies and/or advertising for themselves I guess. Like Snap ?? opposite Javas, there's another down by the crane bar etc. I got a couple from the print shop in Nuig main concourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eog22

hi i was wondering if their was any place around the city that had a good selection of penny sweets? all i can think of is clybaun stores which i want to avoid if i can because the staff in that place are extremely rude without fail everytime ive been in there, and also theirs Tesco express but they don't have a great selection and are quite expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Any small shop near a primary school :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Check Lucks shop on O Briens Bridge. They have a fairly big selection of sweeties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 choosinganame

I'm looking for organised leaving cert folders and notes preferably from yeats college, for revision. I will pay for them! Looking for pass maths, pass French and pass Irish, honours English, biology and geography. Anytime within the last 3-4 years is fine. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Anyone see the tayto crisp bar thingy around anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

My housemate said they have them in Spar (The Vineyard) at the bottom of Mainguard St

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

• Advertisement

I think the one in doughiska has

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

I think the one in doughiska has

Pretty sure they all have monkey bars if that's any good to ya

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Lol. Just came here to ask the same thing. I've been sent on a mission to find some before next week. Let us know if you find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Out door basketball court anywhere around town?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

There was some in Westside,beside the playing fields, not sure if they're still up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nasnan

Book/movie clubs, interesting and intelligent company?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Oliver_Ahern

I saw on their big screen down by the huntsman the other day that there is some kind of Roadshow Sale going on at EZ Living in terryland.

Does anyone think this is worth going along to as we have nearly finished renovating our new house and are looking to pick up some reasonably priced furniture? If not there would anyone recommend somewhere else? We have a pretty tight budget! Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

I found the Merlin Park Furniture Centre very good, that was about five years ago. I recall we looked around a bunch of places and found them to be pretty reasonable and had some very nice stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Any pubs around that'll be showing the golf and with the volume up? Not sure which pubs in Galway are more golf orientated rather than football.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'm sure fagan's will oblige, I think they can show up to three different channels on their various tv's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

McAlindens usually has it on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

sheridans

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

A re-usable plastic rose. It's like the end of a watering can but it fits on small plastic drinks bottles. Last week somebody showed me one they'd been given I thought it came from a nick-nack shop, think they said it came from a euro shop but it wasn't in the €2 shop on Shop street and the girl there didn't recognise the description I gave when she pointed me at the gardening section.
    Think it's a few inches long with a stem to allow water to build up so it comes out with a bit of pressure, not a great deal but different enough from just drilling holes in the bottle top without that extra distance. Seems very useful buit so far I haven't found it. Think it must have come from somewhere in Galway though.

Doughiska actually has several exercise structures dotted around the park as well as the adventure playground. Not sure if they#ve ever been used for their intended purpose but they all have little message stands showing how to use them. Not 100% sure if tehre is a specific pull up one but there are ones for leg lifts, sit, ups, and other similar activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Stevolende wrote: »
    A re-usable plastic rose....

Try Mr Price in Westside, next to Aldi. It sounds like the kind of thing they might have.

Fey! wrote: »
    Try Mr Price in Westside, next to Aldi. It sounds like the kind of thing they might have.

Thanks, not sure when the next time I'm going to be over that way will be. I'm thinking of trying the shopping areas on Headford rd if it isn't p-ing with rain today.

Stevolende wrote: »
    Thanks, not sure when the next time I'm going to be over that way will be. I'm thinking of trying the shopping areas on Headford rd if it isn't p-ing with rain today.

there is a mr price shop out there as well and a discount store down the road from it.

Wonder if that was Mr Price I was in. There are 2 shops down from the veg place down around where the N17 store used to be. I asked in one and was told that they had done them but hadn't seen them for a while & got a blank look from the other guy. More useful of those 2 was the one further back.

Now been in every convenience store I'm aware of but one on this side of town. There was one somewhere on the Tuam rd a few months ago, not sure if it's still there.
    Anyway no luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I'm looking for those white 'Magic eraser sponges' - Aldi sometimes have them (about 8 in a pack) but don't constantly stock them, they come and go.

Need them ASAP so wondering if anyone knows where may stock them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Any pubs around that'll be showing the golf and with the volume up? Not sure which pubs in Galway are more golf orientated rather than football.

the kings head have it on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement