Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Stevolende wrote: »
    Doughiska actually has several exercise structures dotted around the park as well as the adventure playground. Not sure if they#ve ever been used for their intended purpose but they all have little message stands showing how to use them. Not 100% sure if tehre is a specific pull up one but there are ones for leg lifts, sit, ups, and other similar activity.

I noticed that there is indeed a pull up bar in the park. It's between the adventure playground and the more expensive estate, as in far side from path into Merlin Park woods or same side as school being built.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm looking for those white 'Magic eraser sponges' - Aldi sometimes have them (about 8 in a pack) but don't constantly stock them, they come and go.

Need them ASAP so wondering if anyone knows where may stock them?

B&Q usually have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭SparklersJo

I may not be in the correct thread here, apologies to mod if I'm not.

Does anyone know if there's a pub or anywhere in Galway that does regular table quizzes - monthly, bi-monthly or weekly or something like that?

Thanks for any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,858 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm looking for someone in galway who replaces touch screens
    for a smartfone
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Does anyone know if there's a pub or anywhere in Galway that does regular table quizzes - monthly, bi-monthly or weekly or something like that?

Thanks for any help!

It used to be the Huntsman, at Moneenagisha cross on Mondays or Tuesdays,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thanks for any help!

First wednesday of every month in the Cottage bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can DIY it but if you'd rather have a pro do it then electronic partner on Eglinton or Laptek maybe. There's more I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 the last high king

I'm looking for a second hand bookshop who buy used secondary school books? I've tried Google with no success, anyone any ideas? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm looking for those white 'Magic eraser sponges' - Aldi sometimes have them (about 8 in a pack) but don't constantly stock them, they come and go.

Need them ASAP so wondering if anyone knows where may stock them?

Next to Aldi in westside, there's a "Mr Right Price" or similar. They have loads of things like that, but can't be certain if they have that in particular.
    I'm looking for a second hand bookshop who buy used secondary school books? I've tried Google with no success, anyone any ideas? Thanks

Adverts.ie? There was an ABC bookshop in the Eyre Sq shopping centre but that was gone when I was in town this weekend. I believe it was a chain and there may still be others. I think they bought/sold 2nd hand books.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭deisedude

I'm looking for graphic designer recommendations in Galway and surrounding areas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Joyce's on Dominick Street definitely do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

The place above the joke shop on Shop Street did mine a couple of years ago. The did a reasonable job. The replacement worked but if you looked closely you could see it was a replacement as it didn't lie as flush as the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Adverts.ie? There was an ABC bookshop in the Eyre Sq shopping centre but that was gone when I was in town this weekend. I believe it was a chain and there may still be others. I think they bought/sold 2nd hand books.

ABC bookshop is still in the Eyre Square Shopping Center, but they moved into a bigger unit close to where they were before. Don't know whether they buy used books, but Joyces definitely does!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭geekychick

Hello online community :cool:,

just wondering where is the best place in town to get some good quality passport pics done (it's that time of the decade again...). I want somewhere that will preferably make me look all the opposites of old, fat and ugly. The last ones I got done (I won't name the place, of course), I wasn't too happy with on the above points! (And DON'T say it mightn't be the photographer's fault! :P)

But no suggestions outside of the city centre or Salthill please, I walk everywhere.

Thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I found Fahy Foto near the King's Head good the last time I needed pics, you could see before you print.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Farrell Photo, St Vincents Ave, Woodquay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I found Fahy Foto near the King's Head good the last time I needed pics, you could see before you print.
    +1, fast and efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

You don't want the photographer to make you look too good or they mightn't believe it's you when you show up at passport control. :pac:

Thanks folks, it's the same day service for all of these places, right? (I mean, done on the spot kind of thing.)
    ScumLord wrote: »
    You don't want the photographer to make you look too good or they mightn't believe it's you when you show up at passport control. :pac:

OUCH, that hurt! :(

(I'm not THAT bad in person, I swear. :pac:)

geekychick wrote: »
    Thanks folks, it's the same day service for all of these places, right? (I mean, done on the spot kind of thing.)

OUCH, that hurt! :(

(I'm not THAT bad in person, I swear. :pac:)
    Ten or fifteen wait i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

The place above the joke shop on Shop Street did mine a couple of years ago. The did a reasonable job. The replacement worked but if you looked closely you could see it was a replacement as it didn't lie as flush as the original.

I think that's the bunch who moved to above the nightclub on Eglinton street beside the Great Outdoors isn't it? Have a larger premises now but seem to be pretty busy I think. Which could well be an indication that they're the people to go to.

ABC bookshop is still in the Eyre Square Shopping Center, but they moved into a bigger unit close to where they were before. Don't know whether they buy used books, but Joyces definitely does!
    They dont, the place on Abbeygate St down by the Yankee Candle maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

geekychick wrote: »
    just wondering where is the best place in town to get some good quality passport pics done (it's that time of the decade again...). I want somewhere that will preferably make me look all the opposites of old, fat and ugly.
    Boots and Fahy. Fahy will take snaps until you're happy. At least they did for me last time.
    It's been asked a few times in this thread so have a look, I think there were some more suggestions.

Thanks biko,

never thought to post my question in here, as the thread is stickied it's just part of the furniture, I stopped registering it!

EDIT: Dam, just seen it's not actually stickied - I've no excuse. :(

Stevolende wrote: »
    I think that's the bunch who moved to above the nightclub on Eglinton street beside the Great Outdoors isn't it? Have a larger premises now but seem to be pretty busy I think. Which could well be an indication that they're the people to go to.
    Thanks for clarifying. I hadn't realised they moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

ABC is about 2 doors down from where it was. When you walk into the centre opposite fallers and go down the escalator, it's on your right. Moved because it now sells normal books and toys and stuff. Do not bring 2nd hand books in because they wont take them at the till in town. They did take some last year but through their other shop in Calbro house on the tuam road I believe. Either way, they've an email address on their site. 2nd hand shops are Book Exchange on Abbygate St. and Joyces on Dominick st. mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

deisedude wrote: »
    I'm looking for graphic designer recommendations in Galway and surrounding areas

Send an email to www.fableinteractive.com I've worked with him in the past and can't recommend him enough. City centre based and extremely talented, though I'll let him show you his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Anyone knows where you can get repairs done to suit pants? The stitching has come out along the seam so hopefully should be able to be fixed handy enough. Preferably somewhere in the East side of the city.

s_carnage wrote: »
    Anyone knows where you can get repairs done to suit pants? The stitching has come out along the seam so hopefully should be able to be fixed handy enough. Preferably somewhere in the East side of the city.
    I've used these ladies in Terryland a few times and have been happy with the results.

http://www.silverneedle.webs.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

I've used these ladies in Terryland a few times and have been happy with the results.

http://www.silverneedle.webs.com/

Great that's just down the road. Will be handier than having to go into the city.
    Cheers!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement