Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Banana peppers?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Does anyone know where I can buy irish childrens name tiles? Judy Greene used to sell them but not anymore. I need one with Saoirse on it. They give the meaning of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Does anyone know where I could commission someone to do a painting?
    Have a photo of a print I saw a while back that I would like to use as a basis, but would like a few changes to the composition to personalise it.
    Wouldn't be that big, probably 12"x12" max.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on what would be a reasonable price for such a request, that would be helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 iasc87

Hey. Does anyone know of anywhere in Galway that sells sewing equipment or parts for sewing machines?

Post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055892190
    iasc87 wrote: »
    Hey. Does anyone know of anywhere in Galway that sells sewing equipment or parts for sewing machines?
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Singer-Sewing-Centre-Galway/433819663370508

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 iasc87

That's great, thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Thanks biko, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

alternatives to An Post? I'm sick of paying through the roof for small packages (2.5kg in a small box this time) to be sent to the UK

Can anyone advise of any depots for other couriour around town? Do Devaney's (Eglinton St) still have an agency for a couriour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I used these guys once to ship something bulky from Dublin: https://gls-group.eu/IE/en/depots-parcel-shops?street=&postalArea=galway

There are a lot of options if you google "parcel ireland" you can explore.

I know when I order in supplies from the UK with ParcelForce I can get 30kg for roughly £18.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Have a photo of a print I saw a while back that I would like to use as a basis, but would like a few changes to the composition to personalise it.

Also, if anyone has any ideas on what would be a reasonable price for such a request, that would be helpful.

don't know if this is any help but i got portrait done once by a tattoo artist so maybe try asking in a tattoo parlour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

ring Tom Kenny in kennys he would know who would do a good job for you . There are a lot of good local artists around but it would all depend on your budget.
    http://www.thekennygallery.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭keesa

Might be worth checking in Bridge mills? There used to be an artist in there, don't remember if there still is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 choosinganame

Again looking to buy yeats college leaving cert notes from within the past 3-4 years, still no joy! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

Anywhere in Galway that could replace in cracked internal screen on a camera? Works perfectly fine, just I can only see a small section of the picture taken as the inside screen is cracked :S It's a Kodak digital camera which they don't make anymore so I can't send it back to them. I want to get it fixed badly because it's a really good camera!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Here's someone who got good recommendations:
    http://www.jennyobrienportraits.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

Looking for two good 36" hurlies in Galway City. Any local hurley makers outside of the lifestyle sports hurlies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Heffernan Hurleys are in Bushypark .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 APB18

Looking for some American partyware, napkins banners etc? If anyone could think of anywhere in Galway that might have some?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

any where around town sell lamb burgers? butchers or restaurant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Frank's (butchers) in Castlelawn on the Headford Road sells tasty lamb burgers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭aaronosiochain

looking to get some t-shirts made up...

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

looking to get some t-shirts made up...

Cotton on Eyre square shopping centre beside sails cafe and near dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

My oul fella is looking for a place that cleans and treats alcantara/suede and leather in car interiors, anyone know a place that does this?

Thread in Car Detailing DIY about that, but for Galway I don't know.
    He can try ringing valeters (is this a word?). Liosban Industrial Estate Car Wash & Valet are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭berrecka

I have a lovely old Olympia Splendid 66 typewriter. It was working fine until a few months ago when the roller stopped moving across. It just appears to have jammed. I would love to get it working again. Anyone know of anyone/anywhere in Galway I could get it looked at?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,213 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't know but you could ask in that tailors shop on Eglington street or that place in the corbett court that sells fabrics and that kind of stuff (can't remember the name)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Lucario wrote: »
    Anywhere in Galway that could replace in cracked internal screen on a camera? Works perfectly fine, just I can only see a small section of the picture taken as the inside screen is cracked :S It's a Kodak digital camera which they don't make anymore so I can't send it back to them. I want to get it fixed badly because it's a really good camera!

If that's a digital the computer store upstairs next tothe Great Outdoors fixes them. Think It might be about €60 possibly more if parts are expensive, think that's what they quoted me for a Sony digital & i'm not sure to what extent prices differ on parts brand to brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Divileys in Westside. They're supplying burgers to the Front Door now, and the lamb burgers are fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captain wow

Hi there folks. Can anybody tell me where i can buy flux for soldering in galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Maplin's in Wellpark

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement