Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Anyone know where one might purchase some 3/4 length jeans? I've tried Penny's, Dunnes, and New Look; but to no avail. The slightly warmer weather is playing havoc with my delicate, ginger hypothalamus. :(

The only ones I seem to be able to find so far, are of a thin polyester style, and that just ain't me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

No, but i know where you can find some good quality scissors, or a seamstress:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Buddy74 wrote: »
    Irish honey- the 'pure' unprocessed kind. Watchin a great document about our the merits of it but can't locate any. Evergreen had some but it was blended therefore probably mixed with imports anyone know where I can get my hands

A little out of town but there's a guy with a stall at Moycullen country market that sells pure honey. It's only on Fridays though.
    You could always try the Saturday market in town as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Anyone know where one might purchase some 3/4 length jeans? I've tried Penny's, Dunnes, and New Look; but to no avail. The slightly warmer weather is playing havoc with my delicate, ginger hypothalamus. :(

The only ones I seem to be able to find so far, are of a thin polyester style, and that just ain't me.

I was browsing a few shops a little while back looking for ordinary full length combats, noticed some combat-style long shorts in TKMax, you could try there. Not exactly 3/4 length though.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Looking for a hardware store - I would like to buy a single nut, bolt and washer - but I only want one of each. I really don't want to have buy blister packs. Any recommendation will be appreciated. Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Possibly (but I'm not sure) O Tooles on Rosemary Ave across from Debenhams/Roches. I got bits from them a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Possibly (but I'm not sure) O Tooles on Rosemary Ave across from Debenhams/Roches. I got bits from them a couple of years ago.

Tripart tuam road....veritable hardware treasure chest

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Ta very much James and Sandeman. I shall go for a poke around at the weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭aaronosiochain

looking for someone to do a small bit of welding for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Leahy Engineering in Balybane, or Pat Rynns down by the docks, both will look after you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Pipe cleaners
    I need pipe cleaners longer than 200mm (Ideally=300mm) this is for cleaning some inner tubing not for anything else any one know where I could locate these in the city, art's and hobby shop etc?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Buddy74 wrote: »
    Pipe cleaners
    I need pipe cleaners longer than 200mm (Ideally=300mm) this is for cleaning some inner tubing not for anything else any one know where I could locate these in the city, art's and hobby shop etc?
    Thanks

Powell's aka The Four Corners opposite AIB Lynch's Castle have them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

RE pipe cleaners, you could twist 2 shorter ones together for say 30--40mm

I'm looking for........sprouted cress in punnets, anyone know a veg shop or supermarket that has it without me walking round all of them? I found some seeds in Tesco today, but I'll have to wait!

Check the market on Saturday. I'm sure one of the veg stalls will know even if they don't have them themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Does anyone know a good reliable mechanic for Audis?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Good, several. Reliable, no..

You can try the recommendations made in the Mechanics Merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I use the lads in RecueU out on the Headford Road. Very good and very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

bonzodog2 wrote: »

I'm looking for........sprouted cress in punnets, anyone know a veg shop or supermarket that has it without me walking round all of them? I found some seeds in Tesco today, but I'll have to wait!

I bought a punnet of cress in Terryland Fruit & Veg yesterday for 50 Cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Hey Folks,

I need to service a petrol lawn mower in Galway city ASAP, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks for any advice offered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

A Rack or shelving units to hold Blu-Ray Disc boxes

Hair-clipper oil? Have asked in a couple of barbers, no luck. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Hair-clipper oil? Have asked in a couple of barbers, no luck. Thanks.

4 in 1 oil would do the job. Any woodies / B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Am I right in thinking there is a hairdresser supply place which opened near the bookshop in the galway shopping centre? Might be worth a look.

There used to be a hairdresser supply place on Eyre Street as well. Don't know if it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

The barber I go to, uses 3 in 1 oil just ensures to dry it off prior to use with a towel (never leaves a residue)

syklops wrote: »
    4 in 1 oil would do the job. Any woodies / B&Q.
    Grand job, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Any idea where to get a washing line in galway - the long ones with a T-Bar - not the Rotary type!

Argos has them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Mr Price over in Westside had them too,twas a while back but maybe they stock them all the time..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement