Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kelty

Hi Boardsies,

This is a bit of a strange request. I am looking for a loan of 2 hurleys and a Sliotar for the weekend if anybody has them? I live in the Clybaun area.

Doesn't really matter what size the hurleys are. Need to demo our beautiful game on a date with a foreign girl on Saturday afternoon.

Left my own hurleys at home in Wexford....

Please help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Don't forget a couple of helmets or that relationship could get off to a very bad start!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I have hurleys and sliothar, will PM you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 piersquared

kelty wrote: »
    Hi Boardsies,

This is a bit of a strange request. I am looking for a loan of 2 hurleys and a Sliotar for the weekend if anybody has them? I live in the Clybaun area.

Doesn't really matter what size the hurleys are. Need to demo our beautiful game on a date with a foreign girl on Saturday afternoon.

Left my own hurleys at home in Wexford....

Please help

I have. One of the hurls has a crack in it but should be ok for what you need it for :) PM me and I'll arrange to give them to you..

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I have. One of the hurls has a crack in it but should be ok for what you need it for :) PM me and I'll arrange to give them to you..

I like that you have been registered for 2 and a half years and have chosen to offer assistance in this affair of the heart for your first post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 piersquared

aw wrote: »
    I like that you have been registered for 2 and a half years and have chosen to offer assistance in this affair of the heart for your first post!
    I know, haven't been on here much.. Read the post and wouldn't like to see a date ruined for lack of a hurl!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

I need to post a coat.

Any idea where I would get a postal bag like littlewoods or Next would delivery clothes in? Or a decent box?

I need to post it at lunch time and am in the ballybane area so anywhere around here would be great!

Easons upstairs have boxes, maybe also bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Hey, anybody have any idea if I can buy Tiffany jewellry (specifically bracelet or necklace) in Galway? Brown Thomas in Dublin do stock, but I need it for next weekend and won't get up there in time.

There's a Brown Thomas on top of Shop street and more than 5? jewellers along the same street. Possibly one of them stock Tiffany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Yeah, I don't think that BT stocks it though, but i'll scour the town later. Just wondering in case someone knew for sure, cut down my search :) Thanks Biko

Acc to tiffany.ie thay only have that place in Dublin
    http://www.tiffany.ie/locations/CountryStoreLocationList.aspx?country=Ireland&source=Header

There's a private seller on adverts here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Anyone know of somewhere in town that would sell wireless xbox controllers? Gamestop is the obvious place but for some reason they only had wired ones when I checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Smyths, Argos, one of the cash converters in town, Xtravision... That's just off the top of my head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭eirebread

I'm looking for someone to setup an Galway airsoft camp/site please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

I'm looking for somewhere that sells cheep rugs. Say roughly 5 foot by 4 foot. doesn't have to be exact. Just want to protect the carpet under my desk and chair in the bedroom.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Has anyone any idea where i might get a kindle screen repaired?. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Has anyone any idea where i might get a kindle screen repaired?. :(

ep would probably fix it

I'm looking for somewhere that sells cheep rugs. Say roughly 5 foot by 4 foot. doesn't have to be exact. Just want to protect the carpet under my desk and chair in the bedroom.
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_rug/county-Galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

There's a shop in Westside Business Centre (the same estate as Fine Wines). Can't remember the name of it, but it's a general type store, and they sell rugs there (5" x 4") for about 12 - 14 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

I'm looking to get some items sandblasted and then afterwards powdercoated.
    If anyone knows a local business(es) that provides these services I'd appreciate been informed.

Thanks for any advice offered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Try Mr. Price in Terryland (near fruit&veg shop)
    I got a decent enough rug in there last week around that size for €20. Good value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Anyone know of anywhere that bakes baklava? I've an awful hankerin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Went out to buy a desk fan today to cool off during this bash of heat we've been having!
    Seems everyone else had the same Idea. Sold out in Currys (except dyson €200 ones), Woodies, Tesco, expert, argos, aldi & lidl. Anyone know a place stocking a load of em!?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

I'm looking for anything with the name SAOIRSE on it for my cousin's new baby in the US. Judy Greene used to do lovely door plaques with the meaning of the name etc. on it. When I say 'anything', I don't mean a keyring or a purse which I have seen!! Thanks

There is/used to be a shop in Eyre Sq shopping centre that did various things with Irish names on them. Mostly touristy stuff.
    I think downstairs next to the cafe somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Also on same floor in Eyre Sq SC as Penneys / opposite Barrets shoe shop / by entrance to Dunnes Clothing is a stall that I think does wooden toys - I noticed the young lady had a tray of wooden letters, so perhaps they could make you something up for the wee babe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Blue850

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Went out to buy a desk fan today to cool off during this bash of heat we've been having!
    Seems everyone else had the same Idea. Sold out in Currys (except dyson €200 ones), Woodies, Tesco, expert, argos, aldi & lidl. Anyone know a place stocking a load of em!?

Caulfields should have them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

LNB for Free to Air and connection piece for it (the nut that attaches the cable to the LNB)

Gonna try conboy as ideally i don't want to travel out to maplin on a day like today...any other ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Anywhere I can rent fans for an office ??!! Phew its hot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement