Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

brutes1 wrote: »
    Anywhere I can rent fans for an office ??!! Phew its hot

Dunno about renting but a friend of mine was sent to Argos to buy a pile of them for her work yesterday. Apparently they were cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Dunno about renting but a friend of mine was sent to Argos to buy a pile of them for her work yesterday. Apparently they were cheap enough.

No wonder they were all out when I went!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

LOL she got a fair few alright. Apparently there isn't a kiddies paddling pool to be found in Galway either.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭sallybongers

Hey guys. Hope you can help me out with this!

I want to get our either carpet or laminate put down in our bedroom. I've never had to do this before, so I've no idea where I could go to get a quote! :O

I'm not paying for this. Our landlord is... So if anyone could give me an idea of places that are reasonable, I'd really appreciate it. (Carpet/laminate & labour).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm looking for a wine decanter. No idea how much they cost but don't want to pay a lot for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Whistlingmilk

Anyone know where I could get some caustic soda?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Saw caustic soda in B&Q the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'm looking for a wine decanter. No idea how much they cost but don't want to pay a lot for it.

You might choose a pain glass one. It won't be as detailed but at least you won't have to worry about lead leeching into your wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

anyone know where I can get a shoulder support? One I can use for sports like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Whistlingmilk

I've seen de-ionised water in Halfords, but anyone know anyplace that has distilled?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

I've seen de-ionised water in Halfords, but anyone know anyplace that has distilled?

Try a motor factors like Calbro or Partway. I think they use it for car batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

juicet3rry wrote: »
    Try a motor factors like Calbro or Partway. I think they use it for car batteries.
    I've bought it in Calbro and in the motor factors beside Ulster Bank on the Tuam Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Small yellow floating ducks, like the things you'd see in a duck race

Only need 2-3 - will check pound shops etc. later but wondeirng if anyone knew for certain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

JohnCleary wrote: »

Only need 2-3 - will check pound shops etc. later but wondeirng if anyone knew for certain

like this?

http://www.toys.ie/Playgro-Bath-Duckie-Family-!124084-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=3ebbc773-bf80-4e22-9a33-f3fdcf1f5f75

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yeah those fellas. Need to buy them in a bricks n' mortar though as need them for weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

there is a smyths toys near the headford road roundabout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

The Early Learning Centre in the Eyre Square Centre definitely have them in packs of three, Mammy, Baby & Daddy Duck - well that's the order my little fella put them in :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Any idea where to get a decent Hurley? Haven't access to a car, so either on a bus route or in the city preferably! Closer to Renmore/GMIT the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Daniel S wrote: »
    Any idea where to get a decent Hurley? Haven't access to a car, so either on a bus route or in the city preferably! Closer to Renmore/GMIT the better.

Aldi have had them recently.

So do Elverys as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Fey! wrote: »

Any Hurley makers? I can be quite picky...

Have tried the ALDI and Torpey (I'm from Clare) and they're not what I like (not that they're bad).

I've heard good things about Galway Hurley makers, but they all seem to be well out into the country. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Fey! wrote: »

he said decent

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

believe it or not, i just saw some in the topaz beside the lights on quincentennial bridge, and im fairly sure they were in packs of 3!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CianB123

Any decent barbers in walking distance of Eyre square? The last two places I've been to were either mad expensive for the simple trim I usually get or the staff were horrible. I'm a student if that helps get a discount!

CianB123 wrote: »
    Any decent barbers in walking distance of Eyre square? The last two places I've been to were either mad expensive for the simple trim I usually get or the staff were horrible. I'm a student if that helps get a discount!

There's a barbers called "One step ahead" It's on abbeygate street
    just off shop street, it's a few doors down from the O2 Cornershop
    there.

Standard short back and sides cost me €11 was happy to pay
    it as the barber was a gentleman and good conversation. I don't
    know offhand if they do discounts, but sure check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

The Barber's Chair, Dominick St Lower.

Regular gents hair cut 10 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Daniel S wrote: »
    Any Hurley makers? I can be quite picky...

Have tried the ALDI and Torpey (I'm from Clare) and they're not what I like (not that they're bad).

I've heard good things about Galway Hurley makers, but they all seem to be well out into the country. :(

http://www.heffernanhurleys.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Cheapest working sunscreen..F20 or higher
    Aldi, Lidl, Tesco are empty of their basic ranges.

snubbleste wrote: »

Try Pennys, they usually stock a lot of sunscreen round this time of year competitively priced too usually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

snubbleste wrote: »

Boots are doing a half-price sale on a lot of different brands of sunscreen, too. I got two SPF 50s (Nivea) for €10.49 yesterday. There were a few empty areas on the shelves. Sunscreen's flying out the door everywhere at the moment.

Also try Mr Price (westside near Aldi and Headford Road) - I saw they had some very cheap today, but I couldn't vouch for the quality, didn't look close enough to see what brands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement