Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭The Belcher

fifib wrote: »
    recommend Dr. Carney in Roscam Medical Center. He is very good as are the female docs there too
    dilallio wrote: »
    elfy4eva wrote: »
    I started attending Dr. Canney on Renmore road when I moved here. Unfortunately his house/practice was written off in a fire a few months back.

I asked a local and she said he's still practicing but out of the Bon Secours Hospital while his practice is being sorted. Can anybody confirm this?

Cheers folks

Could someone please give me directions to where Roscam Medical Centre is please. Is it up the road where Jack Jordans is somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

da_shivsta wrote: »
    I'm looking for a few bits.
    A - cooking & baking stuff e.g. mortar & pestle, silicone baking cases for cupcakes, pastry brush, rolling pin, tea towels. Cheap as possible really. Have looked at Argos online but no such luck. I don't live in town I'm miles away so I'm hoping to pick them up on my next drive in.
    B- dehumidifier bags for wardrobes, i.e. not the 'small space bags' but the bigger ones that hang up, it's for the hot press which is very large. Tbh, any cheap way of helping with the condensation in there and the dampness/musty smell in the wardrobe would be great.
    Thanks to anyone who can help!

Dunno what the big words mean but the Pound Shop/Euro2/Euro General/ whatever they are calling themselves this week do tea towels, baking trays and various cooking implements if it's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Could someone please give me directions to where Roscam Medical Centre is please. Is it up the road where Jack Jordans is somewhere?

It's the other end of doughiska rd.

Head out dublin road ,go right at last XRoad before Galway clinic roundabout . Turn left at spar. It's in behind spar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

A - cooking & baking stuff e.g. mortar & pestle, silicone baking cases for cupcakes, pastry brush, rolling pin, tea towels. Cheap as possible really. Have looked at Argos online but no such luck. I don't live in town I'm miles away so I'm hoping to pick them up on my next drive in.
    B- dehumidifier bags for wardrobes, i.e. not the 'small space bags' but the bigger ones that hang up, it's for the hot press which is very large. Tbh, any cheap way of helping with the condensation in there and the dampness/musty smell in the wardrobe would be great.

There's a baking shop with EVERYTHING for baking in the Liosban estate beside the centra and that Italian interiors shop. As for de-humidify bags, gosh that's a tough one, I could do with those myself, Lidl & Aldi used to to them now and then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭restingpilgrim

TK Maxx have all the cooking items upstairs and would be very reasonably priced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

got muffin trays in €shop in galway shopping center recently - great quality for the price! their the metals one tho not the silicon ones. try tescos too for like of tea towls and pester and mortar etc.. Aldi had alot of cupcakes stuff 2 weeks ago - might be some leftover?

It's the other end of doughiska rd.

Head out dublin road ,go right at last XRoad before Galway clinic roundabout . Turn left at spar. It's in behind spar

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭da_shivsta

Thanks guys. Didn't think of Tesco!!! TK Maxx is a good shout as well, cheers. Will have a look at that baking shop as I have to go look for second hand furniture I think the Cash factory is out there too.
    Thanks a million everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Foxychick

elfy4eva wrote: »
    I started attending Dr. Canney on Renmore road when I moved here. Unfortunately his house/practice was written off in a fire a few months back.

I asked a local and she said he's still practicing but out of the Bon Secours Hospital while his practice is being sorted. Can anybody confirm this?

Yep using prefab building on grounds of Bons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Where can I find a place that does descent southern fried chicken with chicken gravy. My husband loves chicken hut in limerick so wondering if anything like it in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Where can I find a place that does descent southern fried chicken with chicken gravy. My husband loves chicken hut in limerick so wondering if anything like it in Galway?

Kfc?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Kfc?

Gravy cr**p. chicken is rubber.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Thanks guys. Didn't think of Tesco!!! TK Maxx is a good shout as well, cheers. Will have a look at that baking shop as I have to go look for second hand furniture I think the Cash factory is out there too.
    Thanks a million everyone!

Cash Factory have moved up the road to Riverside.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

buzz11 wrote: »
    My t-shirt stock is stretched to the max! where in town has good value/quality selection?...Dunnes has good choice but quality is poor, they don't last more than a few washes.
    I have a t-shirt made by Jerzees. Quality is brilliant. Not sure if you can find it locally though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,874 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I'm looking for a forge/ironworks/farrier.

I need to get some iron bent to shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Can anyone give me a list of travel agents left in Galway? I'm looking to get away last minute for a week to anywhere sunny/resort/beach - i've been advised my best bet might be to actually just walk into various travel agents in town

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

one on eyre square beside Garvey's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a list of travel agents left in Galway? I'm looking to get away last minute for a week to anywhere sunny/resort/beach - i've been advised my best bet might be to actually just walk into various travel agents in town

Fahy on Bridge St, One Stop beside O'Connells, Corrib Travel opposite Gourmet Tart on Abbeygate St.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Does anyone know if there's anywhere that does baking classes in Galway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Anyone know where I can buy a pair of cufflinks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

El_Drago wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy a pair of cufflinks?

Not 100% sure if they'll be in stock but in the past i've seen em in penneys, Euro Giant, topman, river island, Timpsons shoe repair&engraving. Also anywhere that sells posh shirts should also have them (brown Thomas etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

I got a pair recently in Next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Does anyone know if there's anywhere that does baking classes in Galway?

I dont know about classes but there is a cake supplies shop right across from the abbey church that would be a good place to ask about it , and they have loads of accessories for making your own cakes if that takes your fancy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭isilidur1980

I've been in Galway over two years and just can't seem to find a barbers I'm happy with. Was going to one with the last six months but they made a balls of my hair yesterday. Does anyone know a good barber, who preferably works on his own in a shop in the city. I find that some of the barbers are good in some of the bigger places but it is really luck to get them at different times. I always seem to end up with someone who bollixes it up!!:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've been in Galway over two years and just can't seem to find a barbers I'm happy with. Was going to one with the last six months but they made a balls of my hair yesterday. Does anyone know a good barber, who preferably works on his own in a shop in the city. I find that some of the barbers are good in some of the bigger places but it is really luck to get them at different times. I always seem to end up with someone who bollixes it up!!:(

Try the barber's chair. Yer man there hasn't messed up my hair ever.. It's down at bridge mills.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Where are you based?

I have tried a few. Currently going to the barbers in Westside Shopping Centre. Three barbers there and all are great - really recommend. €10 haircuts Mon-Wed too I think.

Used to go to Fat Tony's in Liosban. Had one dodgey cut there (my neck was in ribbons after it!) but overall was happy.

Tom Nally is a decent stalwart too as well as the shop a couple of doors down from him past the Kings Head.

Give the Westside one a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

JohnCleary wrote: »

keller travel on facebook, they pop up great deals.
    they have things like €300 for 7 night in morocco,

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Any idea where I can can get ladies safety shoes ? Steel cap/toe type shoes. Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Fixer Upper

-Vega- wrote: »
    Any idea where I can can get ladies safety shoes ? Steel cap/toe type shoes. Thanks :)

Try Portwest on Shop/High Street - its kinda hidden away but they have a workwear/safety section on the 3rd floor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement