Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

-Vega- wrote: »
    Any idea where I can can get ladies safety shoes ? Steel cap/toe type shoes. Thanks :)

Safety Direct / Anchor Safety surely? You might have to order them though if they're a small size

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭celtictiger

Anyone know where to pick up white vinegar in Galway city? All I seem to find is malt, distilled etc. etc. Who knew there'd be so many variations!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I always get a 5L bottle from the Middle East shop next to Mr Price and Aldi Westside for about 7 euro or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

biko wrote: »
    I always get a 5L bottle from the Middle East shop next to Mr Price and Aldi Westside for about 7 euro or so.

Off topic I know but I have to ask...
    What do you do with 5L of vinegar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

He uses it for embalming all the corpses.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I use vinegar for all the cleaning jobs including windows, as an antiseptic, weedkiller, as a fabric softener, kill slugs and of course cooking..

Yeah, same uses as snubbeleste mentioned. With the hard water in the city it clogs the shower heads so soaking the shower head in vinegar unclogs it again.
    Tbh, I keep finding new uses for it.

celtictiger, distilled and white vinegar is (basically) the same thing.

Yeah, same uses as snubbeleste mentioned. With the hard water in the city it clogs the shower heads so soaking the shower head in vinegar unclogs it again.

Thanks Biko going to try that.

In an effort to be a little green/cut down on chemicals I recently washed the floor with distilled vinegar and I was face palming there thinking I've been using the wrong stuff so thanks for that clarification too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭I_smell_fear

I'm looking to buy some MP3/ipod earphones. I seem to end up buying new ones every couple of months. They always break/cut just at the end of the ear plug casings or at the plug in part (it's hard to describe but I'm sure it's a common problem). Things are "made to break" as they say and it's certainly the case with earphones.

So does anyone know of any reasonably priced, durable earphones sold in the city? Maybe buy a multipack? Or is the best place to but them online? or does anyone have any tips on how to preserve and maintain the the earphones from breaking?

PS I know headphones have better quality sound etc, but they're too bulky for carrying around for me.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

If it's at the end where the cable meets the plastic you can try wrapping some clear tape around it to make the connection more stiff/less likely to break.

There is a Headphones forum here that could be worth having a look at for tips and help.

I'm looking to buy some MP3/ipod earphones. I seem to end up buying new ones every couple of months. They always break/cut just at the end of the ear plug casings or at the plug in part (it's hard to describe but I'm sure it's a common problem). Things are "made to break" as they say and it's certainly the case with earphones.

So does anyone know of any reasonably priced, durable earphones sold in the city? Maybe buy a multipack? Or is the best place to but them online? or does anyone have any tips on how to preserve and maintain the the earphones from breaking?

PS I know headphones have better quality sound etc, but they're too bulky for carrying around for me.

Thanks.

Online its hard to beat amazon.The reviews are usually a pretty good indication of quality too.
    I got JVC headphones in Tesco last for 6 euro down from 12, strangely theyre the only ones I've had that have survived this long and I've usually bought more expensive ones in the past.I find the cord is thicker and stronger than sennheiser.
    Best tip for preserving them I've found is never wind them around you ipod etc, it stretches the delicate wires that go into the earpiece so they stop working. Wind them up around your fingers instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

Business Cards.

Recommend me somewhere in Galway. We are trying to beat the online price from Vistaprint, of approx 35euro, for 250 cards, including a ridiculous 13€ delivery charge and a 2 week wait.

Supply Express in Galway are 500 cards minimum order for 99€.

Tried one or two others.

So anyone any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

little tip for ordering with Vistaprint - leave the order in your cart for a few days and they will email you reminding you have items in your cart and to complete order they usually offer a discount or feww delivery etc..Ordered Note Cards myself few weeks ago doing this got 25% off. and they arrived in about 10 days
    jamesdiver wrote: »
    Business Cards.

Recommend me somewhere in Galway. We are trying to beat the online price from Vistaprint, of approx 35euro, for 250 cards, including a ridiculous 13€ delivery charge and a 2 week wait.

Supply Express in Galway are 500 cards minimum order for 99€.

Tried one or two others.

So anyone any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Just looked at the Vistaprint website as I was surprised by your quoted prices

At the moment, 250 Premium Business Cards for EUR5.99 instead of EUR24.00 and shipping either EUR6.00 for standard (hard to believe 2 weeks but they're probably covering themselves) or EUR12.00 for priority.

Might be hard to beat ..

http://www.vistaprint.ie/business-cards.aspx?txi=15627&xnid=TopNav_Premium+Business+Cards+(linked+item)_Business+Cards&xnav=TopNav

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Have you looked abroad?
    For example
    http://www.myprint-247.co.uk/p1/Business-Cards-350gsm/product_info.html do 1000 single sided cards for £36/€42 or 1000 double sided for £46/€54 delivered to Ireland. Dispatched within 24 hours..

Thanks all,

This deal is very limited, no logo, some color (what they give you), and vistaprint printed across the back. Price goes up massively if you edit layout, add logo etc etc.

ValerieR wrote: »
    Just looked at the Vistaprint website as I was surprised by your quoted prices

At the moment, 250 Premium Business Cards for EUR5.99 instead of EUR24.00 and shipping either EUR6.00 for standard (hard to believe 2 weeks but they're probably covering themselves) or EUR12.00 for priority.

Might be hard to beat ..

http://www.vistaprint.ie/business-cards.aspx?txi=15627&xnid=TopNav_Premium+Business+Cards+(linked+item)_Business+Cards&xnav=TopNav

Going to contact isupply tommorow

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭celtictiger

Thanks for the clarification - got some today - many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 already_taken

Acetate poster printing?

Probably a long shot but I'm just wondering if anybody knows where I might be able to get a clear plastic (acetate) poster(A0 size) printed? Basically pictures and writing on a see-through plastic sheet for anybody that's confused. Thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There is a place on Merchants Road does it. Can't remember what it's called though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Acetate poster printing?

Probably a long shot but I'm just wondering if anybody knows where I might be able to get a clear plastic (acetate) poster(A0 size) printed? Basically pictures and writing on a see-through plastic sheet for anybody that's confused. Thanks...

Try http://www.cantec.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭the_galway_fry

does anyone know of anybody who can fix problems with psb's in vans or cars?
    in other words electrical problems, i need something bypassed and a garage wont do it.
    had a guy in oranmore but he is abroad

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Far Q Boss

does anyone know of anybody who can fix problems with psb's in vans or cars?
    in other words electrical problems, i need something bypassed and a garage wont do it.
    had a guy in oranmore but he is abroad

Try Auto Electrical Concepts in Ballybane Ind. Estate. They're up beside McDonagh's hardware. The guy there is Jeremy Raftery. He's excellent with electrics & very easy to deal with! Mobile number is 087<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Looking for a tailor to take up some suit trousers in Galway. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Theres an alterations place over Cash and Carry Kitchens in Briarhill! just noticed your name so maybe you live in that area!!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Does anyone know of any shop which has Abigail on a Coke bottle?? Need it urgently for tomorrow night as I have all the other names I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Theres an alterations place over Cash and Carry Kitchens in Briarhill! just noticed your name so maybe you live in that area!!

Not far away from there at all actually - I'll give them a shout. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

We're trying to organize a broom press or closet for elderly lady and would like to find the snap-in style broom or mop holders. Ones I'm familiar with have a metal piece about 12" long that you screw to a cabinet or wall. That piece then has 6-8 metal pieces into which you can snap the broom or mop handles, keeping them clear of the floor and at eye level. They work great, but I've tried B&Q with no luck so far. Will try Woodies DIY, but wondering if anyone has even seen them in Ireland before. Thanks for any advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Anyone know where one can still buy men's sleeve garters for an elderly gentleman? These bands are used to hold up the sleeves of a too-long shirt. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement