Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

GearMaven wrote: »
    We're trying to organize a broom press or closet for elderly lady and would like to find the snap-in style broom or mop holders. Ones I'm familiar with have a metal piece about 12" long that you screw to a cabinet or wall. That piece then has 6-8 metal pieces into which you can snap the broom or mop handles, keeping them clear of the floor and at eye level. They work great, but I've tried B&Q with no luck so far. Will try Woodies DIY, but wondering if anyone has even seen them in Ireland before. Thanks for any advice.
    Either Aldi or Lidl had them recently. It was billed as being for garden tools but if it works for a rake handle then it will work for a mop handle. If you can't wait until the Germans get them back in stock maybe check the garden sections in the DIY stores or in garden centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭salmon1

Im just wondering does anyone know where Id get a carboard box for shipping to the Uk. It needs to be sterdy so boxes from supermarkets wont do im afraid.

Thanks for any info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Anyone know where one can still buy men's sleeve garters for an elderly gentleman? These bands are used to hold up the sleeves of a too-long shirt. Thank you.

Id try Anthony Ryans. If they don't have them they'll defo know where to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Carabay Packaging in Liosban would have them.

There is a company at the veterinary suppliers on Fr. Griffin Road who do professional packaging for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Looking for old fashioned fire grate - the type that stands independently in a fireplace with space at either side - it's for an old fireplace so space / size not so much an issue.

Old ones are often f*cked and many new designs are a bit of a wh*res knickers

Any place I can check for something decent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

Mc Donaghs Hardware have a fireplace section with grates etc. been awhile since I've been there but try other DIY stores if they dont have what your looking for

http://www.mcdonoghdirect.ie/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=1735256

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

coleria wrote: »
    Mc Donaghs Hardware have a fireplace section with grates etc. been awhile since I've been there but try other DIY stores if they dont have what your looking for

http://www.mcdonoghdirect.ie/PBSCCatalog.asp?CatID=1735256

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Anyone know where one can still buy men's sleeve garters for an elderly gentleman? These bands are used to hold up the sleeves of a too-long shirt. Thank you.

Id have thought the likes of the older menswear stores like Greenes, Feeneys or the other one in Woodquay.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captain wow

I'm looking for someone to do a (literally) very small welding/soldering job. I need to solder a small piece of metal (4mm x 2mm x 17mm) into a channel i have cut into a larger section of cast metal. I have already cut out the pieces so it's a 2 minute job for somebody who has a torch and knows what they are doing!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christy_weezer

anyone know any chemists or any shop in general that stock Quies earplugs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced car charger for an iPhone 5 that I can get in Galway today?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

I'd say amazon/eBay are your best bet. If boots don't have them I doubt anywhere else would. I know they're not the same at all but they sell earplugs in the 2 euro shop on Ellington street, bog standard foam ones. Might do you for a while until you get the quies ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I got mine (a few months back) in the chemist beside Dunnes Westside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm looking for someone to do a (literally) very small welding/soldering job. I need to solder a small piece of metal (4mm x 2mm x 17mm) into a channel i have cut into a larger section of cast metal. I have already cut out the pieces so it's a 2 minute job for somebody who has a torch and knows what they are doing!

Thanks

Pat Rynn's down the docks (Harbour Enterprise Park)

......or look out for one of their red vans, they'll all have a soldering kit on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭martin6651

I'm looking for some metal dowel and cams(Galway area) that are used in flat pack furniture assembly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Any kitchen/cabinet maker should be able to get them for you.
    Quite a few around town,

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭captain wow

Thanks for the info richT

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

McDonogh's in Ballyban should have them

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭GearMaven

Thanks, Unrealistic, for info re tool holder. Will try the garden centers. My luck I missed the Aldi/Lidl ones!

Thanks, stampydmonkey and ben.schlomo, for sources for sleeve garters. Will try them today.

Are there any charity boxes in town that will take foreign coins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hi,
    I am looking to get 100min - 500max ml syringe in galway, obviously i just want the plastic pump part and not a needle.

Does anyone know where i could get one? I tried a local chemist but they only sell <100ml small ones. I looked on ebay the postage is kinda dear for a one off piece of plastic.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah I was looking for those too when I needed one to drain power steering fluid.
    Never did find one though, only small ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,072 ✭✭✭Guffy

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am looking to get 100min - 500max ml syringe in galway, obviously i just want the plastic pump part and not a needle.

Does anyone know where i could get one? I tried a local chemist but they only sell <100ml small ones. I looked on ebay the postage is kinda dear for a one off piece of plastic.

Thanks

Try a vet or farm/animal supply? Store. Don't know much about farming but I remember my uncle having them to dose the cattle

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭jamesdiver

I got some of those large dosing syringes recently from the Farm Co-op store in tuam. Needed it to reverse bleed the bike. They were only like a euro each or something. Probably get them in Athenry Co-op, which is closer to galway city.

null_zps1f906bd1.jpg

Hi,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Hi,

Thanks

there is a place opposite super valu on fr griffin road that has a sign up that says vet and equine supplies. never been in it but would be my guess on where to get one in the city. its down an alley you cant see it from the main road

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

In Galway for the weekend I am looking for a Minion teddy/toy. ? Besides the obvious toy shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

€2 shop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Conboy(?) opposite mcswiggans do them too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement