Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Does anybody know where I can buy a usb wall plug? Thanks.

You should get one in Zhivago. Possibly a €2 shop as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

Looked in the 2 euro shop and Zhivago, no dice. Euro shop only do USB car chargers. Will try Conboy tomorrow. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Looked in the 2 euro shop and Zhivago, no dice. Euro shop only do USB car chargers. Will try Conboy tomorrow. Thanks.

Try one of the stalls in Corbett court / Eyre square centre that sell mobile phone accessories. Failing that, maplin might be worth a look

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Does anybody know where I can buy a usb wall plug? Thanks.

I would think any phone shop (O2, Vodaphone, Meteor, etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Place upstairs from Carbon Nightclub beside Post Office definitely sell them. Think they are around seven or Eight Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hi,
    Where would i get a male PVC slip adaptor? Like the one in this picture - attached, basically anything PVC that has the little ledge on the inside.
    I tried Woodies - expensive and rubbish selection, B&Q bit better but not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try McDonaghs (sp?) in Ballybrit, Higgins in Shantall or DPL on Dublin Road

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Walsh's plumbing across from Monaghan's garage on the Tuam Road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Any idea where I can get a "flush ring pull"? Tried jp Corey , mcdonaghs , woodies , brooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 APB18

I'm looking for 4 inch square tiles, not very familiar with the area so any help would be appreciated! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Baked.noodle

You could try B&Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭dan hibiki

exotic woods? rosewood, mahogany etc. asking for a mate who is into custom making guitars.

dan hibiki wrote: »
    exotic woods? rosewood, mahogany etc. asking for a mate who is into custom making guitars.

Honestly you are better off asking that on the woodwork forum. On phone so can't post a link

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's one of the subforums under Home/Garden here
    Or instruments like this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Dell2009

Any ideas where I could get a second hand engine for a 02 Opel Astra hatch 1.4 l petrol car? They seem to be few and far between.

http://www.findapart.ie/
    http://www.partfinder.ie/
    Breakers that may have engines. Otherwise try Motors forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I cant find any exact details on pricing and all the threads I found were a few years old so I'll ask here. I need the bags for waste collection just off shop street. I worked it out and would only need about 18 bags if we put 1 out every 2 weeks. Who/where is the cheapest to buy from? City bins seems to be recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

dan hibiki wrote: »

There's a fiddle maker in Galway called Paul Bradley who may also give you advice - if you google his name + fiddle, you will get hold of him.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hi I'm lookin for a solution to sending money to an English bank account - I'm on my phone so can't access all of boards so thought I'd ask here since I'm in Galway.. Aib said they can't do it..

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Any ideas in the city, where to get a brass doorbell? Have tried Woodies and B&Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Hi I'm lookin for a solution to sending money to an English bank account - I'm on my phone so can't access all of boards so thought I'd ask here since I'm in Galway.. Aib said they can't do it..

all you need are the IBAN and BIC codes (http://www.ipso.ie/section/biciban) - all banks can do this, whoever you spoke with in AIB are just being lazy

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

I cant find any exact details on pricing and all the threads I found were a few years old so I'll ask here. I need the bags for waste collection just off shop street. I worked it out and would only need about 18 bags if we put 1 out every 2 weeks. Who/where is the cheapest to buy from? City bins seems to be recommended.

I just buy them one or two at a time. 4.50ish seems to be the current price. Nearest places to you would probably be Hollands or Lucks on O Briens Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

jkforde wrote: »
    all you need are the IBAN and BIC codes (http://www.ipso.ie/section/biciban) - all banks can do this, whoever you spoke with in AIB are just being lazy
    They can do it if you have an account with them from which to send the money but they can't do it if you just walk up to the counter with cash in your hand and ask them to send it to the UK. It's not clear which of these scenarios we're talking about here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hollands do 3 for 12 so its way better value than Daybreak and they have both clear and white bags.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056395051&page=93

See the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Does anybody know where to get personalised Irish/Celtic plaques or anything similar?

Looking to get a personalised sign for some foreign relatives.

I know a guy that does etchings (if that's the correct word?) on stone/slate if that's any good?
    If you look at the step at the door into Neactains pub (Quay St entrance ) he did that but does smaller stuff as well.
    Don't know anything about cost but I'm sure he wouldn't be too expensive for what your looking for.
    PM me or ask the staff in Neactains and they should be able to find him for you if it's what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

APB18 wrote: »
    I'm looking for 4 inch square tiles, not very familiar with the area so any help would be appreciated! Thanks
    your best bet would behttp://www.roccatiles.com

Col200sx wrote: »
    Does anybody know where to get personalised Irish/Celtic plaques or anything similar?
    The guy at the market at weekend can probably do this for you. He's usually by Lynch's window.

Need a sparky for a quick job, new ceiling light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

biko wrote: »
    Need a sparky for a quick job, new ceiling light.

sending PM

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement