Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Food stuff:
    Chipotle (preferably the actual chillies but sauce would be fine too)
    Nutritional Yeast
    Liquid Smoke
    Vital wheat gluten flour

I realise that's a lot of things but I haven't been able to find any of them locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Food stuff:
    Nutritional Yeast
    Liquid Smoke
    Vital wheat gluten flour

I realise that's a lot of things but I haven't been able to find any of them locally.

liquid smoke - what's that used for?

liquid smoke - what's that used for?
    It's essentially a BBQ seasoning. I don't think it's widely available outside the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Food stuff:
    Nutritional Yeast
    Liquid Smoke
    Vital wheat gluten flour

I've gotten Tabasco Chipotle sauce in Tesco before if that's any use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

dinneenp wrote: »
    Looking for a kitchen tap with white ceramic hot and cold handles
    like this

I was just passing DPL, so I nipped in to have a look; they have one very similar but its eur105

• Advertisement

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I was just passing DPL, so I nipped in to have a look; they have one very similar but its eur105

fair play. Going the extra yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

One for the foodie people out there... making this tomorrow: http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/recipes/2013/0820/3950-curried-chicken-noodle-soup/

Wondering where i'd source the following:
    Gingerroot
    Nam Pla (fish sauce)
    fresh coriander

Don't know would I be likely to find these in a supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

JohnCleary wrote: »
    One for the foodie people out there... making this tomorrow: http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/recipes/2013/0820/3950-curried-chicken-noodle-soup/

Gingerroot
    Nam Pla (fish sauce)
    fresh coriander

you can get potted coriander in dunnes, fish sauce too in the inian/mexican/shinese section. Is gingerroot different to ginger? you can get ginger in dunnes too.

JohnCleary wrote: »

Gingerroot
    Nam Pla (fish sauce)
    fresh coriander

You'll probably find fresh coriander in supermarkets. I would try asian shops for the ginger root and nam pla. There's three close together - one opposite the connacht tribune, one opposite CPs/Electric and one around the corner opposite the Asian Tea House.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Foux, lemme know if you find the chipotle :)

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Foux, lemme know if you find the chipotle :)
    It's pretty much my main goal in life at the moment, so, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've been looking for chipotle sauce too a long while. Gave up and bought the powder on ebay. But still looking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

There's a chipotle oil in lidl this week.. No idea how far removed it would be but thought I'd mention it anyway..

Bojum has bottles of it on their tables. Ask them if you can buy one or get some ordered in?

this might have to be an internet job but i'm looking for somewhere i can get neckties with a club logo put onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

gufc21 wrote: »
    this might have to be an internet job but i'm looking for somewhere i can get neckties with a club logo put onto it

I don't know if they do ties, but you might ask:

http://www.advertees.ie/pages/contact.php

http://www.yourlocal.ie/company/379258650308608

http://www.yourlocal.ie/company/379250836303872

http://www.tuam-guide.com/ak-embroidery.htm

gufc21 wrote: »
    Bojum has bottles of it on their tables. Ask them if you can buy one or get some ordered in?
    I did spot (and taste) these and they're great. Might see if I can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi
    I'm looking for dental floss- the one that has a plastic stick , like a pen and the floss is on a separate u shaped plastic thing. Boots used to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm looking for dental floss- the one that has a plastic stick , like a pen and the floss is on a separate u shaped plastic thing. Boots used to have them.

Eyre Square Dental Clinic used to have them for sale at their reception desk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

tesco have them too.

anyone know where i could get a cheap tablecloth?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

sea_monkey wrote: »
    tesco have them too.
    anyone know where i could get a cheap tablecloth?
    Penneys
    http://michaelguineys.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=tablecloth free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

Hi All,

Apologies if wrong thread - was in two minds where to ask!

Would anyone know if there is a food bank I can donate to in the Galway area. Have car so don't mind traveling a bit to drop off the items. I have tried a Google and only come up with SVP Christmas 2012 Food Appeal but nothing else.

Thank you
    AC

AlbionCat wrote: »
    Hi All,

Apologies if wrong thread - was in two minds where to ask!

Would anyone know if there is a food bank I can donate to in the Galway area. Have car so don't mind traveling a bit to drop off the items. I have tried a Google and only come up with SVP Christmas 2012 Food Appeal but nothing else.

Thank you
    AC

twist in woodquay

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Maybe COPE would be interested.
    www.copegalway.ie

Fair play btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 maid2

Hi,

I'm looking for a singing telegram duet to do the Maverick and Goose 'You've lost that lovin feelin' scene from Top Gun. Its for my friends hen in November, she really doesn't want a stripper so this is just a bit of fun. Any help would be great.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

You could email some galway bands. A couple of the singers might be up for doing it!

Love the idea btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Anyone know where I can get some biltong or jerky? I got some in Centra on the Dublin road before but wondering if there's anywhere else that have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭RINO87

Is there anywhere in town to play table tennis at all? Ive heard you can play in Krcma in Salthill?? Anywhere in town for a game??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

zero19 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get some biltong or jerky? I got some in Centra on the Dublin road before but wondering if there's anywhere else that have it?
    Was going to suggest mail order from www.biltong.ie but it seems they've pulled the plug sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭deliege

zero19 wrote: »

The South African guy selling boerewors sandwiches on the Saturday market used to have some good one... 'but I don't know if he's still there (I know they were planning to retire to South Africa and one of their sons was supposed to take over, but I haven't been to the market for ages...)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement