Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah that's what happened, they left for SA and a son is there now. Lovely boerewors btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Anyone know any AIB branches in the city that have quick lodgement machines?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

PomBear wrote: »
    Anyone know any AIB branches in the city that have quick lodgement machines?

as far as I know they all have them inside the branch. But at this hour of the day lynchs castle is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

zero19 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get some biltong or jerky? I got some in Centra on the Dublin road before but wondering if there's anywhere else that have it?

Spar in main guard street do. Up at the til

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

joyces in knocknacarra have beef jerkey at the counter. haven't tried it myself but its there anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Thanks all, it's more widely available than I thought! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Barti

I got a pair of Superfly brand jeans a few years ago and they have been the most comfortable pair I have ever had. I was just wondering if anyone knew where they might found? I looked in M&S and Penney's and Dunne's briefly and couldn't seem to find them.

Even if they were on sale somewhere online I'd be happy to check it out.

(Found Jerky in M&S in case you were still looking, down on the right hand side when you arrive at the food area down back. It's on the top shelf of one of the aisles there.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Barti wrote: »
    I got a pair of Superfly brand jeans a few years ago and they have been the most comfortable pair I have ever had. I was just wondering if anyone knew where they might found? I looked in M&S and Penney's and Dunne's briefly and couldn't seem to find them.

Even if they were on sale somewhere online I'd be happy to check it out.

(Found Jerky in M&S in case you were still looking, down on the right hand side when you arrive at the food area down back. It's on the top shelf of one of the aisles there.)

Try born. They should have them or something very similar

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

hey- im looking for a frame for a big poster i got (24 x 36 inches), iv looked in art shops around town, argos, woodies diy but no luck. i sure there are loadsa artists and photographers who need frames so they should be available somewhere but i cant find any..

mr price in westside. think there is one in town too.

• Advertisement

A change machine. The type that counts your unsorted change for a fee. I know joyces had one but don't think it works anymore. Anyone know any where else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

gufc21 wrote: »
    A change machine. The type that counts your unsorted change for a fee. I know joyces had one but don't think it works anymore. Anyone know any where else?

Thought I saw one in tesco last week. Once you go to the checkout to pay for your groceries, the machine should be in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Thought I saw one in tesco last week. Once you go to the checkout to pay for your groceries, the machine should be in front of you.

Some said on here before that Seapoint has one that is pretty cheap.

Used one in joyces. It broke half way through. Can't get it till tomorrow. No dinner for me tonight :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Some said on here before that Seapoint has one that is pretty cheap.

Yeah I believe the Seapoint one only charges 2% as opposed to the others which charge anything from 9.5 - 12.5%!! :eek:

Unfortunately I'm not sure if it's working at the moment; I know it was out of order a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I think the Centra on the Dublin Rd have a change machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Supervalu in Ballybane have a change counter, possibly other branches too. I prefer the self service Tesco tills, but not practical if you have a bucketful.

This is a long shot but I need a 14v, 1.3W bulb
    Like this
    63656_5b5aec776ad48a9ae97a1ae40a594276cbfeffb7_original_x_323_1326866391.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

biko wrote: »
    Like this

Maplin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Like this

Peter Currans or Flaherty Markets ?

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, seems I'm in for a drive around tomorrow. Hopefully one of those places should have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Thanks guys, seems I'm in for a drive around tomorrow. Hopefully one of those places should have it.

It looks like a bulb for a car inside light or something but that would be 12v, don't know if it would make any difference.
    Maybe try a car parts supplier like calbro on the tuam rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Peter Murphy's in Westside Shopping Centre should have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Food stuff:
    Chipotle (preferably the actual chillies but sauce would be fine too)
    Hey Foux,
    if you're still looking for chipotles my sister orders hers in from this guy in dublin..
    http://www.mymexicanshop.ie/21-dried-chilies
    Not local I know but she can't find them anywhere here (not in big enough bulk anyway for the amount she needs)

I actually saw somewhere that had this on Sunday. I think it was dunnes Westside but not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Hey Foux,
    if you're still looking for chipotles my sister orders hers in from this guy in dublin..
    http://www.mymexicanshop.ie/21-dried-chilies
    Not local I know but she can't find them anywhere here (not in big enough bulk anyway for the amount she needs)
    Thanks for that, it's just a little too expensive with delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Thanks for that, it's just a little too expensive with delivery.

just in case you want a lot of stuff delivery is free if you spend Eur50.. I know thats a lot but just in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

AlbionCat wrote: »
    Hi All,

Apologies if wrong thread - was in two minds where to ask!

Would anyone know if there is a food bank I can donate to in the Galway area. Have car so don't mind traveling a bit to drop off the items. I have tried a Google and only come up with SVP Christmas 2012 Food Appeal but nothing else.

Thank you
    AC

try http://foodcloud.ie/
    it's a new online service started by a bunch of college students that's supposed to facilitate food donations to local charities. good luck.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Anyone doing deals on shellac nails around the city? Cheap as possible please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Anyone doing deals on shellac nails around the city? Cheap as possible please!

belissimo have a half price voucher sale on at the moment (least it was running til yesterday cos I got an email) but you can get shellacs for 17.50 and the voucher lasts a year..you can buy as many as you like/as many as you'd need in a year!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement