Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Ludikrus wrote: »
    My boiler (firebird) is overdue a service. If you know someone good please let me know.

We always get a guy from Ballinasloe by the name of Iggy to service ours, very honest harding working gent. Let me know if you want his number

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭metroburgers

Hi looking for a watch repair shop in galway city to buy a spring bar for CASIO AQF100WD-9BV? Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

anyone recommend a good restaurant for a date (that win't cost me a ridiculous amount, I'm a student)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Hi looking for a watch repair shop in galway city to buy a spring bar for CASIO AQF100WD-9BV? Any recommendations?
    There's a guy on Abbeygate St opposite Food for Thought who fixes watches, I would try him to see if he has that part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Richard Quinn Jewelers on Dominick Street (near Galway Arms) will sort you out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    There's a guy on Abbeygate St opposite Food for Thought who fixes watches, I would try him to see if he has that part.
    Is he not opposite Buon Appetito down past AIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lexii

anyone recommend a good restaurant for a date (that win't cost me a ridiculous amount, I'm a student)

"ridiculous amount" varies person to person ... but this place is awesome, good food and large portions. The menu is available on their website http://www.asianteahouse.ie/.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Looking for someone who can repair a subwoofer. Any recommendations?
    You can have a look in here but maybe www.soundtolight.ie can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Is he not opposite Buon Appetito down past AIB.
    There could be another one but the guy I'm thinking of is definitely opposite Food For Thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Got some work done many years ago by the guys in the TV Hire place on the Sean Mulvoy Road, think it used to be O'Connors. Its a long time ago but I imagine any TV repair shop would be willing to help you out.

blueskys wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm looking for a good electronic engineer or even someone that's good with a soldering iron in galway to fix a bit of audio equipment.. any recommendations can pm if you wish thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    There could be another one but the guy I'm thinking of is definitely opposite Food For Thought.

Galway shoe repair, can't miss them bright yellow front door, top guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Rouge is perfect because they operate on a set menu. You literally can't go over like 25 per person. But while the concept of a constant set menu sounds a bit cheap skatery its not here. Rouge is one of the best restaurants in the town Imo.

Website here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

biko wrote: »
    You can have a look in here but maybe www.soundtolight.ie can help.

Much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Where is town has the largest plumbing selection? I'm looking for a 1/2" (12mm) female BSP thread elbow to 1/2" hose barb.

I'm also looking for 3/4" (19mm) clear PVC / plastic tubing. Usually they're on big spools and sold by the meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

newkie wrote: »
    Where is town has the largest plumbing selection? I'm looking for a 1/2" (12mm) female BSP thread elbow to 1/2" hose barb.

I'm also looking for 3/4" (19mm) clear PVC / plastic tubing. Usually they're on big spools and sold by the meter.

You could try http://www.walshsheatingandplumbing.ie or next door to them you could try http://www.caulfieldindustrial.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I know it's been asked already on this thread, but does anybody know any place that has GTAV on PS3 in Galway?

Company that was due to deliver it to me fcuked up so didn't receive it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Col200sx wrote: »
    I know it's been asked already on this thread, but does anybody know any place that has GTAV on PS3 in Galway?

Company that was due to deliver it to me fcuked up so didn't receive it :mad:

Just got it in gamestop in EyRe sq SC today theyre asking for 69.99 for it. Which is a bit mad. Their offer is 10 euro with 2 tradeins from their list thats what I did. I dont bother ordering games online for delivery anymore as ive suffered more than a few screwups from both the ordering side and An Post when the "miss me"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,886 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

newkie wrote: »
    Where is town has the largest plumbing selection?.

Mr O'Bumble usually goes to DPL on the Dublin Rd for plumbing hard-to-gets. No idea if they're largest, or just most convenient for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I need to find a nice Whisky for a present, spending 40 - 50 euro for the bottle.

Am I as good to just go to Dunnes / Tesco?

Also if anyone can recommend something that'd be great, I know nothing about the stuff. I was trying to use the Tesco 20euro voucher (when spend 60 or more - see BA forum) to buy a bottle of Redbrest (among other products to bring to 60 euro)

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I need to find a nice Whisky for a present, spending 40 - 50 euro for the bottle.

Tesco doesn't have a great selection. You can get a bottle of Kilbeggan which is a nice change from the ordinary. I'd try MacCambridges, O'Briens, or Lohans if trying to get something special locally.

Otherwise I'd order from drinkstore.ie or thewhiskyexchange.com (via parcel motel) to get a broad selection.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Also if anyone can recommend something that'd be great, I know nothing about the stuff. I was trying to use the Tesco 20euro voucher (when spend 60 or more - see BA forum) to buy a bottle of Redbrest (among other products to bring to 60 euro)

http://www.laphroaig.com/

can get it in fine wines.
    i love it :s

Spirits forum can help with what whiskey to get too.
    You should probably mention if the receiver drinks whiskey otherwise and what brand they drink.
    Once you have a good suggestion we can help find it for you.

Spirits forum can help with what whiskey to get too.
    You should probably mention if the receiver drinks whiskey otherwise and what brand they drink.
    Once you have a good suggestion we can help find it for you.

Welcome to boards.ie also known as "There's a app board for that!"

There's even a Mustard forum. How many other internet forums can say they have that lol :D

Thanks guys.

To be honest they're not big whisky drinkers, it's just more a case of bringing a gift as we're being hosted for the week.

I just don't want to arrive with something sh1te!

In that case get something you recognise as good whiskey.

I often give away Connemara Whiskey. www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoPkqWQ_6Ow
    It's not the best out there but it has the whole Galway connection like, and it's still a lovely drop.
    What's the budget? €100? €50? Connemara starts at 35 and stops at 200.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I think Macallan (single malt scotch) goes from anything from about €40 to infinity. I'm not a whisky drinker, but I've heard it's wonderful from very many people who are.

In that case get something you recognise as good whiskey.

I often give away Connemara Whiskey. www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoPkqWQ_6Ow
    It's not the best out there but it has the whole Galway connection like, and it's still a lovely drop.
    What's the budget? €100? €50? Connemara starts at 35 and stops at 200.

Herself said to get Connemara alright, given the connection etc....

Any idea where it's stocked? Gonna cap it at 50eur for a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭RichT

Obriens in The Shopping Centre seem to have a good selection of both irish and Scotch whiskey.

• Advertisement

Herself said to get Connemara alright, given the connection etc....

Any idea where it's stocked? Gonna cap it at 50eur for a bottle

I'd be curious about this too. For a while it was stocked at Dunnes and OBriens but then it disappeared a year back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement