Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,155 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

welcome back to the city btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Thank you! It's my 5th week here. Loving it so far. Everyone is so friendly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

Hi There,

Wondering if anyone knew which jewelers in Galway city carried John Rocha’s range of silver jewelry?

Thanks all!

woah thats some big text! I know Kilkenny stock it online so they could do it in the shop, think Fallers also do it
    actually found this http://johnrochajewellery.com/stockists
    so kilkenny don't stock in the shop up here.. but Fallers and claddagh jewellers do

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Can anyone recommend a career councilor who is really up to date and has their finger on the pulse? I want to do an evening course or a weekend course that is relevant and will actually have a high chance of getting me a decent job or a start in a career at the end of it and just want some advice and tips on where to start. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

-Vega- wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a career councilor who is really up to date and has their finger on the pulse? I want to do an evening course or a weekend course that is relevant and will actually have a high chance of getting me a decent job or a start in a career at the end of it and just want some advice and tips on where to start. Thanks.

I believe the Local employment services network provide guidance services on back to education routes, they have an office on bothar mór a few doors up from tonerys bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Hi There,

Wondering if anyone knew which jewelers in Galway city carried John Rocha’s range of silver jewelry?

Thanks all!

They have some nice things. I especially like this necklace.

http://johnrochajewellery.com/product/john-rocha/jr09604

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Where can I buy nice Wall Decals/Wall Stickers in Galway ? I see a lot of them are more child/nursery orientated, I dont mind going online if there is a good selection but if there is somewhere in Galway Id prefer to go local. http://www.coolwallart.com/shop/wall-decal-snapling-wally/ this kind of thing

-Vega- wrote: »
    Where can I buy nice Wall Decals/Wall Stickers in Galway ? I see a lot of them are more child/nursery orientated, I dont mind going online if there is a good selection but if there is somewhere in Galway Id prefer to go local. http://www.coolwallart.com/shop/wall-decal-snapling-wally/ this kind of thing

I'm almost certain my sister got hers in Woodies...but can't find them on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is a poster shop in Corbert somewhere, they might have decal style stuff too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Looking for vacuum cleaner bags for a zanussi ZAN3913. Here they are from amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003YCD4IQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1VGSEN3B89X8WX1GESG2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=429454147&pf_rd_i=468294

I would prefer to get them in a shop because once I include parcel motel it would probably be the same price. Currys and argos dont seem to have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Probably George Conboy on New Road or Des Kavanagh in Woodquay. They normally have the little things that the High Street shops don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

There is/was a shop on Forster street that sells vacuum stuff, a couple doors down from Rabbit's bar. I got bags there before I went a got one of them reusable ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Looking for vacuum cleaner bags for a zanussi ZAN3913. Here they are from amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003YCD4IQ/ref=s9_simh_gw_p79_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1VGSEN3B89X8WX1GESG2&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=429454147&pf_rd_i=468294

I would prefer to get them in a shop because once I include parcel motel it would probably be the same price. Currys and argos dont seem to have them.

Peter Murphy Electrical in Westside have loads of types of bags too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,315 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

biko wrote: »
    There is/was a shop on Forster street that sells vacuum stuff, a couple doors down from Rabbit's bar. I got bags there before I went a got one of them reusable ones.

Closed for a couple of years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

Hi There,

Thanks all!

As I recall the Kilkenny shop on high street and Dillons on Shop St do that jewellery. (I think its Dillons the one behind the Oscar Wilde statue)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Probably George Conboy on New Road or Des Kavanagh in Woodquay. They normally have the little things that the High Street shops don't.

+1 for des Kavanagh they even ordered ones for me that they did not have in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

I bought a large picture frame which holds three 8x10 pictures but broke the glass when putting photos in!! Raging! Where could I get replacement glass cut? Dont want to spend a fortune, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Pretty sure Des Kavanagh is on Market St not in Woodquay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

I bought a large picture frame which holds three 8x10 pictures but broke the glass when putting photos in!! Raging! Where could I get replacement glass cut? Dont want to spend a fortune, thanks

Maybe greaney glass carnmore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Try creagal Art on Monivea road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I'm looking for somewhere to buy a good mattress, not scrimp on cost but wondering if anywhere has a sale on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

dinneenp wrote: »
    I'm looking for somewhere to buy a good mattress, not scrimp on cost but wondering if anywhere has a sale on?

Check out Argos, they usually have something decent on offer

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

EZ living in terryland have a sale on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The best place to buy decent mattresses at decent prices is actually online. If you go for a good brand name you'll know you're getting quality. You could try one out in a shop and then order that one.
    I would always rather support local business but I had to buy one a few years ago and got it for half the price the shops were selling it at online.
    mrmatress.co.uk and www.beds.ie were best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tchuruck

Hello everyone! I'm going camping this weekend, but I can't find a tent... Could anyone lend me one? What I'm looking for is basically a 2 people festival tent. I'll buy you a drink if you can help me! Thanks a lot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

As I recall the Kilkenny shop on high street and Dillons on Shop St do that jewellery. (I think its Dillons the one behind the Oscar Wilde statue)

Its Lazlo Jewellers not Dillons

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

tchuruck wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm going camping this weekend, but I can't find a tent... Could anyone lend me one? What I'm looking for is basically a 2 people festival tent. I'll buy you a drink if you can help me! Thanks a lot
    Buy one for €15
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86790687&postcount=4948

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tchuruck

But I haven't been able to find one under 50€. You think they'll have a 15€ tent at the tesco in the shopping centre?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

tchuruck wrote: »
    But I haven't been able to find one under 50€. You think they'll have a 15€ tent at the tesco in the shopping centre?
    Have you gone to Tesco :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement