Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Looking to view/play with an amazon kindle ( this exact brand ) in the galway city region, which shops have them on display,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Tesco homewares have them I beleive.

Just get the latest Kindle paperwhite and you're set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tchuruck

snubbleste wrote: »
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Have you gone to Tesco :confused:

I have, and they don't sell them...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭galwaycyclist

tchuruck wrote: »
    But I haven't been able to find one under 50€. You think they'll have a 15€ tent at the tesco in the shopping centre?

Portwest have this on their website

http://www.portwest.ie/0-9578/Festival-Gear/GELERT-MONODOME-2-TENT.aspx

They have a shop on High Street opposite Murphys Pub (kind of)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I have, and they don't sell them...
    Eh, yes they do.
    You do realise there is a home/clothing/toys store further down the shopping centre?
    They have tents and sleeping bags in stock.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

jogdish wrote: »
    Looking to view/play with an amazon kindle ( this exact brand ) in the galway city region, which shops have them on display,
    http://www.currys.ie/action/searchsite/kindle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I'm looking for somewhere in town that could embroider a sports crest onto a hat ? I have a green ushkana and want a Connacht Rugby crest on it. Anywhere in town that's do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

evil_seed wrote: »
    I'm looking for somewhere in town that could embroider a sports crest onto a hat ? I have a green ushkana and want a Connacht Rugby crest on it. Anywhere in town that's do that?

Lifestlyle sports do "personalisation" of jerseys and shoes you buy there dont know if they can add a crest to anything or just certain material.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭RichT

Any Seamstress or Tailor should be able to do that for you. (Links from Goldenpages)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Try Cotton On in Eyre Square centre beside Sails restaurant, good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Those are out of stock..which is why I did not mention them :D
    OP, Tesco have run out of the 2 man tents and their Tesco 2 man tents for €17, but still have about twelve of the Gelert 4 man tents for €38.
    Thank you snubbleste for your amazing help

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Try Cotton On in Eyre Square centre beside Sails restaurant, good luck!

They will only embroider their own stock. I had an item that I wanted monogrammed but they wouldn't do it because I didn't buy it there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

After a reccomendation from my doctor, i'd like to find a good masseuse (awaits descent of the jokers) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

After a reccomendation from my doctor, i'd like to find a good masseuse (awaits descent of the jokers) :)

what type of massage?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

what type of massage?

He mentioned hot stone, but basically anything that won't further damage the muscles in my back that are a bit pulled as is..

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Typical!! They should be glad to get any business, the machine is there and why not use it?!

I've had problems with tight muscles in my back for years and tried out most of the massage places in Galway.

The one I recommend is the Polynesian Massage Centre which is a few doors up from Sally Longs. If you Google it you'll find the number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Is there anywhere I can buy windscreen wipers without having to go across town to the industrial estate?

Like Salthill, Newcastle Knocknacara side?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Col200sx wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can buy windscreen wipers without having to go across town to the industrial estate?

Like Salthill, Newcastle Knocknacara side?

I got mine at First Stop Knocknacarra http://fsknocknacarra.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

I got mine at First Stop Knocknacarra http://fsknocknacarra.com/

Thanks. Didnt realise they sold parts too.

There really is a niche in the market for a motor factors in the west part of the city.

But I haven't been able to find one under 50€. You think they'll have a 15€ tent at the tesco in the shopping centre?

I was in Tesco Homewares at the back of the shopping centre today. They have Gelert brand four person tents for Eu 36.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Looking for a new suit (navy blue in particular) , circa 150-250 around the city preferably if anybody has any suggestions, thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭CrinkElite

Anyone know anyone on the west side that could put a few stitches in a leather jacket?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

There's a lady called Geraldine around the back of Westside. She's in the business units there. She's who we always bring our stuff to be stitched. She always does a fine job and not too overpriced. I've also seen a newish place down in the Galway Shopping Center,just by Tesco hardware. Not at all sure what they are like though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

There's a lady called Geraldine around the back of Westside. She's in the business units there. She's who we always bring our stuff to be stitched. She always does a fine job and not too overpriced. I've also seen a newish place down in the Galway Shopping Center,just by Tesco hardware. Not at all sure what they are like though.

Read that part and started getting concerned. Thank god it wasn't as shady as I thought it would be :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Gatame wrote: »
    Looking for a new suit (navy blue in particular) , circa 150-250 around the city preferably if anybody has any suggestions, thanks!

You can never go wrong with Anthony Ryans on Shop Street imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Looking for new kitchen table(thinking round) and chairs. Other than EZ living where else around city is there??

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

Gatame wrote: »

Lally Menswear on Abbeygate Street (beside AIB Lynch'e Castle). Most (if not all) suits only €125. I was in there last week. I didn't need a suit but was impressed with the quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Looking for combination lock in the city as I'm in town at the minute.

Need one pretty heavy duty one (mainly because the latch is big) and one 'normal' for 2 gym locker

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement